The Off Topic Topic

2 hours ago, pushbutton said:

I've known that for a while, but thanks!

How could you when they have only just reopened it as "Area51"?

Mind you, the "Show" looks pretty much the same as it did before - just some new screen footage added here and there to try and tell a story. There is also upgraded lighting throughout and the ride is looking as new. Looks pretty good!

16 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

Mind you, the "Show" looks pretty much the same as it did before - just some new screen footage added here and there to try and tell a story. There is also upgraded lighting throughout and the ride is looking as new. Looks pretty good!

Makes you think with some TLC what ours could have looked like. 

Its a shame SW didn't really have the space for BT and Storm to both live in the park together. 

4 hours ago, themeparkaddict said:

During an evac of Green Lantern a few days ago this yellow device was used. Can someone tell me what it does ? Just curious

And also, when did they remove the roller doors from Big Red Car at DW?

IMG_20190806_131256.jpg

Roller doors have been missing from DW for a number of months now. Not sure why though

21 hours ago, Original said:

Makes you think with some TLC what ours could have looked like. 

Its a shame SW didn't really have the space for BT and Storm to both live in the park together. 

Storm was just a very poor attempt to patch up some of the damage done by removing BT. There would be no need for storm if BT was still operating. 

4 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Storm was just a very poor attempt to patch up some of the damage done by removing BT. There would be no need for storm if BT was still operating. 

Completely disagree, because Storm works perfectly as a family thrill and as a step up from BT, but just shy of the extreme thrill rides. 

Plus I think for what the ride is its themed quite well, if it just had the fire effects like the concept render showed it would be the cherry on top. The park would have been well complemented having the two living together in harmony at the park. One a dark water ride and the other a more thrilling water roller coaster with themed elements. 

And let's not forget at one stage the park was looking at placing Storm elsewhere (albeit out into the carpark). 

• Like 3

The issue I have with storm is after the splash down, it ends to quickly. With the length of splash down required and possibly the turning of the boats it wasn possible. But even just an S shaped route would have added something extra to it. Also when the splash down happens you can see through to the start. If you are in a wrecked ship, why can we see the start of the storm. And finally, the exit path, while it’s cool to watch the splash down, they should have made it as if you are walking through the ship and exiting out of one of its doors. 

It had the chance to be an awesome ride and replacement of BT, but for me, it just misses the mark. But still a good family coaster 

• Like 4

• rappa locked this topic