The Off Topic Topic

12 hours ago, Aw hype said:

Just out of curiosity, what anti-valleying procedures are present on aqua loops? What happens if you do valley?

11 hours ago, MickeyD said:

There's an emergency exit door at the bottom of each loop 

There are two exits doors/hatch. One on the top of the loop and at the bottom. If on the rare chance you do get stuck at the top you have to climb down a ladder. 

20190910_103742.thumb.jpg.c1cb428c02f46fc5ad91bde6540713bd.jpgAquaLoop-Paradise-Island-Indoor-Waterpark-Chengdu-China.thumb.jpg.12e8be91bd8664a3b0886e4f4ca78a50.jpg

Edited by TomiJ

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

Honestly - wouldn't you just push off and slide down to the bottom? bugger climbing down that ladder in bare feet - seems like it'd be more of a maintenance accessway than an escape hatch.

Definitely much easier to slide down in theory. However being someone who has been stuck at the top, the water turns off. It took me a few minutes to slide forward (more like climb and bum shuffle) and it was pretty uncomfortable. As I mentioned previously, it's rare but it does happen.

Edited by TomiJ

Dreamworld have done a huge overhaul on their ticketing,
One Day, 3 Days and Annual are still available, 7 days is gone and Annual Passes have a huge increase for non QLD residents.

Still with "Bonus Month Free and Photo Pass"

• Adult$9900

• Child$8900
    (3-13 y/o inclusive. Under 3 free.)
  • Pensioner$8900
    (AUS & NZ residents only. ID Required.)
  • Family$34000
    (2 Adults & 2 Children)

•  
  • Adult$10900
    (3 consecutive days. Inc Photo Pass.)
  • Child$9900
    (3-13 y/o inclusive. Under 3 free.)
  • Pensioner$9900
  • Family$36000
    (2 Adults & 2 Children)

• Adult$13900
    (13 mths. entry. QLD + Nth. NSW only.)
  • Child$11900
    (3-13 y/o. QLD + Northern NSW only. )
  • Pensioner$11900
    (QLD + North NSW only. ID required.)

• Adult$18900
    (13 months entry. Inc Photo Pass. )
  • Child$16900
    (3-13 y/o inclusive. Under 3 free. )
  • Pensioner$16900

New Passholders - 

Get 50% off maximum four 1-Day Tickets - (previously available only during Passholder birthday month)
Jump to the front of the queue with 2x Gold Ride Express single passes to use on participating rides.

Present your pass at time of booking to receive 25% off SkyPoint Climb. Bookings essential. Limited availability. Refer to SkyPoint Climb conditions for participation.

Anyone with a pass that "expired from 1 December 2017 to 30 June 2019 " can beat the price rise here with a $99 renewal offer, that is subject to being withdrawn at any time.

Edited by Jordan M.
  • Like 1

Does anyone know the official story why the Viking's Revenge Flume Ride closed? I assume it somehow relates to the TRR incident and the modifications made to the ride during Storms construction. Insurance costs potentially? 

Also, is there a possibility this ride could be refurbished by someone like Intamin and resurrected? Or do you think it will be demolished?

Sorry for asking a question that I'm sure has been asked many times on here, I just can't find the answer in my searches. Cheers.

• Like 1

On 10/09/2019 at 10:46 AM, TomiJ said:

There are two exits doors/hatch. One on the top of the loop and at the bottom. If on the rare chance you do get stuck at the top you have to climb down a ladder. 

20190910_103742.thumb.jpg.c1cb428c02f46fc5ad91bde6540713bd.jpgAquaLoop-Paradise-Island-Indoor-Waterpark-Chengdu-China.thumb.jpg.12e8be91bd8664a3b0886e4f4ca78a50.jpg

The ladder from the peak is usually for maintenance personal only. If someone is freaking out inside imagine them freaking outside. So if you valley on these slides (either proslide or Whitewater version) you normally go back towards the low point if you are just over the minimum weight (around a 5kg mark).

If you stop at the peak normally the lifeguard at the bottom yell into the slide and tell the guest to move forwards. Backwards just means its a little harder work to reset the slide.

Top hatches are just for maintenance to check sensors and water outlet jets.

• Like 1

On 07/09/2019 at 5:38 PM, Adventures With JWorld said:

Rick’s Cafe has under gone minor renovations recently 

The outlet is now referred to as Rick’s Market Place with the emphasis of the outlet being back on international cuisine many years ago

IMG_2560.thumb.jpeg.7f28b2952890b607b288343b1224d3f7.jpeg

The update to the menu and name has meant instead of replacing the neon sign, they've a small sign next to the big sign to tell you what the new name replacing (but without actually replacing) the original name

IMG_2561.thumb.jpeg.45fbdd3d28a794b0a598ed1a661c8cfc.jpeg
And I feel like there used to be something on this wall, but I can't remember what. Probably wasn't anything. 

Also I don't mind them keeping the fairy lights, but I wish they would at least take these ones down

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, T-bone said:

Has anyone been there yet to report what the new offering is like? If only ParkChat Live was still around, we could have had a full hour episode review!

Ha!! Didn’t realise they were gone???? Honestly did anyone on these boards ever watch them regularly?

I watched a couple of episodes and the one that did it for me was when they asked for serious questions from their “viewers’ and they treated serious questions  with absolute contempt. I lost all respect for them at that point. Their efforts to be taken seriously as a theme park chat show just fell so short.  Terrible  IMHO. No mourning here if they are truly gone!! 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, themagician said:

IMG_2560.thumb.jpeg.7f28b2952890b607b288343b1224d3f7.jpeg

The update to the menu and name has meant instead of replacing the neon sign, they've a small sign next to the big sign to tell you what the new name replacing (but without actually replacing) the original name

I'd be very interested to sit in on one of the meetings where they come up with ideas like that.

I just find it absolutely fascinating trying to work out how their minds must work! 

55 minutes ago, T-bone said:

In your last photo I feel there was a sign advertising the pizza and pasta portion of the buffet.

Has anyone been there yet to report what the new offering is like? If only ParkChat Live was still around, we could have had a full hour episode review!

I believe they are waiting on more promo shots to be done that they will place at that spot, they originally had pictures advertising pasta and pizza. 

I haven’t been inside and ate yet, if you been into Ricks since October of last year, it’s exactly the same as that but I think they have cut down on the amount of pizzas available 

5 minutes ago, djrappa said:

You wouldn’t replace the neon sign because in case everyone doesn’t realize Rick’s Cafe is actually a reconstruction of something from Casablanca and that’s why it’s never been changed. 

So the small sign makes sense. 

Why redesign the logo for the small sign though? they've taken out the cafe americain, and replaced it with marketplace. I'm aware of the casablanca connection, but the fact they've gone to the effort of changing the logo for the small signage indicates an intent to rebrand the entire thing.

And while you say "you wouldn't" .... this is village. this is the company that brought us SDSCNGWTF, calling it world class and next level.

No doubt some big gash somewhere got the idea that people weren't entering the venue because they perceived it as a cafe (we know how well movie world handles cafes *cough star cough*), and decided a rebrand to something that fitted with what they actually had inside the building would be perfect!

its fucking ridiculous, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were planning on changing the signage (let's face it, they'll just put flat signwriters steel over the top with the new logo, like they do with fright nights) becuase they thought changing it to marketplace would drive visitation.

• Like 1

On 16/09/2019 at 7:16 PM, Jdude95 said:

I'd like to give a big thanks to @pushbutton for "nauseating reacting" to all of my recent posts. I couldn't have done it without you ❤️

I think Push has got it in for me. Clearly, since he isn't a Parkz Crew member, he's guessing who is giving him neg reacts, which is what is leading him to 'load' neg reacts on certain people, such as myself, and J-dude.

Now, whilst I certainly neg him when he posts boxing day, or shaded seating jokes time and time again (which he seems to have stopped, thanks Push), I don't just randomly neg him for the fun of it.

image.png.abaa9c335d4ead5aea2ec81aa549d85f.png

So yes, petty though it may be, i've responded

image.png.842ab9c54fa113ecb075d6b939af4cc7.png

But, as you can see Push - my 3 avatars at the top of your rep page are the only ones there across two full pages...

image.thumb.png.2ba5e082b4df33b8610b5c53627adf9f.pngimage.thumb.png.aeca6be277f6105d252eacd1936676a1.png

And you're doling out a lot more rep (most of it negative) than anyone else is giving you.

Since you enjoy this space so much, why not contribute to the site with a small donation, and pick up a crew membership for yourself so that you can see who is giving you the rep (positive or negative) and respond in whatever petty and childish way you choose.

I wasn't going out of my way to do anything untoward towards you - but your actions have certainly prompted me to do so. If you want to act like a child - i'll respond in kind.

let the games begin.

Edited by AlexB
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

I think Push has got it in for me. Clearly, since he isn't a Parkz Crew member, he's guessing who is giving him neg reacts, which is what is leading him to 'load' neg reacts on certain people, such as myself, and J-dude.

Now, whilst I certainly neg him when he posts boxing day, or shaded seating jokes time and time again (which he seems to have stopped, thanks Push), I don't just randomly neg him for the fun of it.

But, as you can see Push - my 3 avatars at the top of your rep page are the only ones there across two full pages...

image.thumb.png.2ba5e082b4df33b8610b5c53627adf9f.pngimage.thumb.png.aeca6be277f6105d252eacd1936676a1.png

And you're doling out a lot more rep (most of it negative) than anyone else is giving you.

Since you enjoy this space so much, why not contribute to the site with a small donation, and pick up a crew membership for yourself so that you can see who is giving you the rep (positive or negative) and respond in whatever petty and childish way you choose.

I wasn't going out of my way to do anything untoward towards you - but your actions have certainly prompted me to do so. If you want to act like a child - i'll respond in kind.

let the games begin.

Well there you have it. Reasonable communication! I was actually about to give you a "like" but apparently I've run out of "reps" for today! 

I did think most of the "nauseating" icons were you as you do insult me at every opportunity,  and you have for years,  but seeing your last post, I'll stop throwing up all over your posts!

Edited by pushbutton

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

let the games begin.

But didn’t you just vomit on Push’s comments on the SV advertisement being excellent and then in your next post praise the same advertisement? 

But you’re right, it is someone else who vomits on all of Push’s comments. 

• Like 1

• rappa locked this topic