The Off Topic Topic

4 minutes ago, joz said:

To be fair a fountain is the correct response in that one instance.

I wasn't complaining about the reaction (although there are several other reactions appropriate to that comment, it just depends on who you are) - it was moreso that he's dredged back to FEBRUARY to react to stuff.

Just when you thought that there was a Museum for everything, life comes and slaps you in the face.

The World's First Vagina Museum will open in  London on November the 16th. 

Please see the below link for the full story.

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/uk-vagina-museum-london-scli-gbr-intl/index.html

I must admit, when I first read this I cracked up. I mean seriously, a Museum for Vaginas!! But the more I thought the more I could see that there is a hole in the market for something like this. Someone has worked years to get this off the ground, beavering away tirelessly to make it happen. Now it is here and they are ready to pull apart the beef curtain and let visitors enter. Oh i am sure this will have its detractors- there is always someone caught up in a flap but I reckon this will be a massive success.

What do you guys reckon?? 😉

Maybe have a read of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_property_in_China

I guess, in short, China has acknowledged and agreed to international law on intellectual property in some shape or form, mainly dragged kicking and screaming under threat of trade sanctions if they didn't agree to them.

It has however been widely recognised that although China has laws surrounding this, the actual enforcement of those laws is at best, lackluster.

• Like 1

On 30/09/2019 at 12:01 AM, Aw hype said:

How does international law go in terms of blatant IP theft? This park in China is packed to the brim and literally has a knockoff Universal globe and pictures of that little kid from UP! 

https://rcdb.com/14582.htm

Cant see Universal looking too kindly to that park soon when they are building a park in China as we speak.

Also IP theft is a huge problem in the Chinese theme park industry. Companies like Golden Horse literally directly copy off Western coaster manufacturers. They have already cloned Arrow coasters and Vekoma SLC's for many years, but now they are copying the track of Intamin, Vekoma, and B&M these days. They got kicked out of IAAPA for copying Zamperla's Motorbike coaster. IIRC the parks in China that actually ordered genuine coasters from B&M and Intamin, allow Golden Horse to inspect and evaluate their coasters to copy them, this means they know industry secrets like B&M's track recipe which is extremely dangerous.

ghfly1.thumb.jpg.b680cb02f657b82541958d52f9796aeb.jpgdax6.thumb.png.8511278b65c0e8513b8d283b788e703e.png  

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 1

• rappa locked this topic