The Off Topic Topic

The left half of the ride is used for Maintenance on the ride, a small portion of the upper left side is the old Cinema which is occasionally used for small functions and the rest is the queue. Basically up until the gate where the Superman building ends is being used by the queue and the small bit of the building that isn't flush with the old outside switch backs are required (Where the tower mural matches up) the rest could be knocked down and not impact on Arkham in the slightest.

• Like 2

The old preshow for lethal weapon, where the fright nights escape rooms are is storage. So is the front right side of the building. The queue line isnt that deep and due to the ramp, its pretty much a floor higher than the entrance. If you walk down between superman, theres a roller door there at the front. So pretty much each side of the entry is storage. The courtyard which used to be the wrecking yard is only a couple of meters deep. Would end about where the painted akrham sign is to the right of the roller door is in this photo.

04.jpg

Edited by Levithian

Not big enough for another ride, but it is bigger than you think as it was built like a theatre, so it had a foyer with ticket booth, then when you went inside it had like 4 or 5 stepped rows with railings where you stood and watched the preshow.

When you go into Arkham Asylym now, the guard booth is about where you used to come out of the show into the junkyard. So if you used something as an approximate size, the old outdoor ramp/queue line (where the car and the panic rooms are) is roughly the same size. 

When they shut Arkham Asylum, if they repurpose all the courtyard up to scooby and superman, there would be enough room for maybe 2 rides. Maybe something like another family launch coaster and a flat? Be a shame to replace a coaster with something other than another coaster, but youd be kidding yourself if you think you are going to see another big spend like dc rivals. So what does that leave you this side of 10 million they dont already have? 

6 hours ago, Original said:

I don't know if it would fit, but I always thought a Mad House would be great in the old cinema, use the old LW queue for it and it would be the perfect theme for that ride being in Arkham Asylum. 

Now that's an @Original idea and I think it can be done. 

Edited by TomiJ
  • Like 1

If we're talking wishlists for replacing Arkham, to fully utilise all the space they could pretty comfortably fit dueling coasters in the area, similar to Battlestar Galactica: Human vs. Cylon just hopefully without all the issues and then you also get 2 rides for replacing 1, and an inverted coaster sill. Obviously huge downside is cost...

Yeah, I don't think MW has got that in the budget, but it would be a great install in a few years when they've recouped more of DCR.

When Arkham goes, I'd love to see them open that area up - reconnect it between west, scooby, and superman. that would resolve a whole lot of bottlenecking and dead ends in the park, and open it up to far more creative pursuits than just a double coaster.

• rappa locked this topic