The Off Topic Topic

Not sure if anyone has seen this new concept coaster from S&S Sansei called Axis but it looks like an incredible and unique ride for mine!! Check out the video below for the prototype in action.

Here is a POV video

And here is an interview with Amusement today on the new Axis coaster.

This Axis coaster concept looks quite good- what are everyone's thoughts on this? Is this something you would like to see in one of our parks? How long do you think it will be before a park somewhere in the world will install one? Does this concept excite you as an enthusiast?

Its great to see that companies are still willing to push the boundaries of coaster design and still being able to come up with something new and unique.

Edited by Jobe
  • Like 3

I don’t know if it’s just me, but there is something very unusual about Movieworld’s marketing for White Christmas this year. I love the event, but these ads are kind of pointless. I understand the gimmick, it’s all to do with the song, but ‘ten children waving’? What does that have anything to do with the event?

4002F0B9-8CDC-4B8C-83C4-0E3D36F5C385.jpeg

73AA36B6-EC24-42D4-AE3A-E8A680E87548.jpeg

8706F0FE-595D-4D6E-B33B-0D2BA99961A6.jpeg

“12 days of Christmas”

12 dates of White Christmas

12 experiences/things you’ll see at White Christmas. 

Seems pretty self explanatory...

As for today’s “10 children waving” its accompanied with video of excited children enjoying rides at night waving to their parents

once again, showing an experience that can happen at WC.

Edited by Brad2912
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

As for today’s “10 children waving” its accompanied with video of excited children enjoying rides at night waving to their parents

once again, showing an experience that can happen at WC.

Man, I have to go all the way to WC just to experience my children waving at me?

• Like 1

On 08/11/2019 at 9:23 AM, Jobe said:

Not sure if anyone has seen this new concept coaster from S&S Sansei called Axis but it looks like an incredible and unique ride for mine!! Check out the video below for the prototype in action.

Here is a POV video

And here is an interview with Amusement today on the new Axis coaster.

This Axis coaster concept looks quite good- what are everyone's thoughts on this? Is this something you would like to see in one of our parks? How long do you think it will be before a park somewhere in the world will install one? Does this concept excite you as an enthusiast?

Its great to see that companies are still willing to push the boundaries of coaster design and still being able to come up with something new and unique.

This plus a Moto Coaster style carriage is getting me a lot closer to my fantasy of a "Speederbike on Endor" coaster. This would better allow moving around logs, trees, "enemies" etc.

Just a quick MW update

More work is happening on the Gotham City Hall

BF679B2D-EFE0-4292-86E9-5854C72DB4E6.thumb.jpeg.1c6f28c746b4abc09dc05530dde395a9.jpeg

The interactive element for Croc isn’t working

D4DE3F24-748E-44EA-835D-E1A74F978680.thumb.jpeg.e83a12a1381ef8aba41d2f165e22bbbb.jpeg

The dodgems are definitely no more, but the arcade is still open

And they have added a tv above the entrance gates, which is a good idea in theory, but you can’t see anything on it because of the glare. They are also advertising in park offers through the speakers at the entrance too

• Like 2

From the ABC Brisbane Facebook

What do you think of the name ‘Banana Bender Pub’? 🍌🤔

That’s the new name for the old Ettamogah pub, by the Bruce Highway on the Sunshine Coast.

The reaction so far on ABC Sunshine Coast has been mostly negative.

“Hahaha is

“Hahaha is this a joke? That’s not really the name is it?”

“Tacky name - what were they thinking!”

DDB1925D-573A-4CFF-AB55-98375118DCB5.jpeg

At Movieworld yesterday and hmm. Wild West has got 2 new op booths. These booths are now at the first turn table and at the bottom of the second lift hill. Really noticeable with the larg pieces of glass cut into the rusty shed. Anyone know how long they have been there. You could see the operators in both booths the entire day.

9 hours ago, Jordan M. said:

From the ABC Brisbane Facebook

DDB1925D-573A-4CFF-AB55-98375118DCB5.jpeg

Well I do like the refurbishment on the building, horrible name. I can understand the name change since the building doesn’t look anything like it originally did, but I’m not a fan. ‘Banana Bender’ does mean someone from Queensland, so i guess it makes sense

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Levithian said:

Wasnt the name change forced upon them because the owner of the trademark split from their partnership? No more name, no more building facade. Had to change it all.

So you could say they ‘Banana Split’. 

i’m so sorry. I saw the opportunity 😂

Edited by zacsta_1997

• rappa locked this topic