The Off Topic Topic

On 13/12/2019 at 3:58 PM, themagician said:

WnW closed at 2 and there was flooding in the carpark 

So, the park became more wet, and more wild, and they closed it? what a business model.

10 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Why exactly? 

His comments on this issue are correct and he is standing up for his Park, what’s your issue?

Whilst the activists are ridiculous, their claims off base, and their methods inappropriate, and whilst the management of the park should absolutely stand up for the park and call the activists for what they are, the guy himself is, still a clown.

• Like 2

I won't critique the suit - a park executive should be dressed appropriately, especially when fronting the media. The glasses I will agree with - when you're spruiking a sincere message, you need to let people see your eyes.

Too many similarities with Salim Mehajer, too insincere.

• Like 1

VRTP have jumped back on board with the GC Titans

International entertainment giant and Australia’s largest theme park operator, Village Roadshow Theme Parks, has joined the Gold Coast Titans as a major sponsorship partner for at least the next two years.

The parent company of Australia’s most-loved theme parks – Movie World, Sea World, Wet’n’Wild, Topgolf, Paradise Country and the Australian Outback Spectacular – will feature as the back-of-jersey partner across the Titans’ NRL jerseys for at least the 2020 and 2021 seasons.

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2019/12/16/titans-partner-with-international-entertainment-giant-village-roadshow-theme-parks/

Edited by Jordan M.

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

Whilst the activists are ridiculous, their claims off base, and their methods inappropriate, and whilst the management of the park should absolutely stand up for the park and call the activists for what they are, the guy himself is, still a clown.

So even when he says something correct, his actions are fair, his defence of the park justified - it’s ok to just label him a clown without any relevance to the quoted article or situation? 

It’s petty, it’s childish, it’s stupid (and yes I realise you weren’t the one who made the comment initially). 

If he says something stupid - call him a clown, but if he’s actually saying something of value and importance - calling him a clown is just poor form.

The Ronald McDonald learning program is a great program aimed at helping kids affected by illnesses 'catch up' on the learning they've missed by not being able to go to school. its a great cause.

...but its still run by a fucking clown.

1 hour ago, Jordan M. said:

Also in the news, the GC Titans change every player number to '9'.

...because now every player is a rake.

16 minutes ago, AlexB said:

The Ronald McDonald learning program is a great program aimed at helping kids affected by illnesses 'catch up' on the learning they've missed by not being able to go to school. its a great cause.

...but its still run by a fucking clown.

Also in the news, the GC Titans change every player number to '9'.

...because now every player is a rake.

His not the only clown at VRTP.  It's a god dam circus.  

See to me it would make more sense to go with a Movie World logo this year and a Sea World one next year. Wet 'n' Wild won't benifit from having their logo out during winter and it's not like the titans are going to threaten the finals at all. As for theit other brands, Paradise Country is unremarkable AF, AOS maybe if they played a game out in the sticks as part of a community round. Top Golf could also be a good one to advertise, maybe an instadium thing would work better there - half off an hours bay hire if you show them your ticket to a Titans game, free hour's bay hire if they happened to win.

These are the brands people will recognise and be worth promoting, Village Roadshow Theme Parks means nothing to most people, and may as well include Dreamworld as far as the casual Sydney public are concerned. Also have you noticed that KFC sponsor sport and not Collins Food Group? Village Roadshow Theme Parks haven't noticed.

• Like 1

Promoting Village Roadshow Theme Parks is a clown move

I don't watch much TV and I don't know how long it's been running for but the Village Roadshow Theme Parks advertisement I witnessed the other night left me shaking my head.

Nobody, ever, ever, ever leaves their front door saying "Kids hurry the F#$k up and get into the car today were going to Village Roadshow Theme Parks"

I have to agree that the decision to try to market Village Roadshow Theme Parks as public facing brand has seemed stupid for awhile. Even branding their ticketing as "Village Roadshow One/Mega/Super Pass".

Whilst I agree that the mis information these groups are spreading can be potentially harmful I don't understanding why they are choosing to fight it so publicly at the moment. The SW facebook page just shared this 7News story, which starts with an image of the american seaworld 🙄.

The Facebook share was an odd move I will say. 
But I think taking a swipe back at them lumping our park in with all the dodgy ones is fair game. Even the idiot on the story suggested the billboards were fine because the photo was from our park. Yet the message was totally suggestive and false. 

As for calling a guy a clown ‘just cause’, well that’s foolish. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Skeeta said:

Promoting Village Roadshow Theme Parks is a clown move

Same goes for having a campaign that is all about having a campaign.

VRTP are transparently emulating the Thredbo ads you see at Event cinemas but fall flat along the way — turns out you can’t fake heart. Dreamworld meanwhile realise they can’t focus on substantive in-park experiences because they’ve removed most of them, so they’re going all gimmicks and as a result not actually saying anything at all.

It’s all a bit self-congratulatory and on the nose from both companies. 

Here’s one I prepared earlier. Mostly still applies for both brands.

https://www.parkz.com.au/article/2017/04/27/487-VRTP_needs_to_fundamentally_rethink_their_message_and_marketing.html

• Like 4

• rappa locked this topic