The Off Topic Topic

That photo was probably about a year or so old, however it was the best photo I could find which showed Little Puff (which if you take a look at the next recent pic is a photo of the same train that used to operate at the park). In regards to the shop, they pretty much did a complete overhaul of the front facade, and the shop also lost the cadbury branding, as-well as the iconic cadbury purple colour.

I'm surprised nobody else posted this, but did anyone see Today Tonight last night, where MW was subjected to a beat up? Basically, there was a morbidly obese guy who went to the park, but discovered he couldn't fit on anything, and complained he wasn't adequately warned etc. Naturally, WVTPs response was that it is posted at attraction entrances, and on the website. They then went back did the whole hidden camera thing, and recorded himself getting led off SE etc, having a go at the ride op "Would have been nice to be told beforehand"...well he had come back to the park to shoot the hidden camera stuff, he would have known. The funniest claim they made was that on SDSC the sign at the entrance that has the message larger people may not fit was "small and out of the way" post-88-1239274928_thumb.jpg Well, considering in this photo the sign is in an eye catching frame, pretty much equivalent in size to the ride signage itself, and with "Warning" in bright blood writing.... Oh, and Ian walked right past the foreground in one of the shots, lol.

Edited by Gazza

I saw it, it was an interesting topic to say the least, but the thing is they shouldn't have just targeted Movie World, as all the parks are in a similar situation. Anyway, I partially agree with the story, even if he's too big to ride the rides, well there isn't much that can be done, the rides in particular are designed to operate the way they are, and that's not going to change. But I tell you it would make some sort of difference if he (and others in a similar situation) could know before they line up (the most practical is via some sort of test seat, which is something Movie World haven't yet accomodated yet). So yes, I partially agree, but on the other hand I think it's just a beat up for a story. Mind you though that TT is the better of the current affairs shows. Anyway, does anyone have a Movie World entry ticket? As VRTP's in the story said there is signage at the entry and the back of the ticket says that larger guests may not be able to ride some attractions, but I can't recall ever seeing anything like that on the back of the ticket.

As a member of the "any other of you lighting people" group, I have to say that it looks good, but the technology is really wasted in that application. Makes it look "pretty" but wouldn't impact much on the riders, so the ride experience itself would be no different - just pitch black. I do like what they've achieved with it. No way I could be bothered programming all those.

Hahah that silde is soo awesome!....I love the fog at the end and that lift on the spinnin coaster looks insane I was thinking maybe that there is a LSM/LIM at the top of the lift that launches it? cant wait for a POV! What idiot's on this slide:

Edited by zane

• 3 weeks later...

In the tradition of this topic being little more then a thinly veiled YouTube topic:

Steve Davison, Vice President, Parades & Spectaculars, Walt Disney Imagineering Creative Services acts out the finale from this Summer's new Disneyland fireworks show "Magical"
I don't care how great the shows are that this man comes up with; this is awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd never heard of this place before last week, and funny enough, I have bookmarked the site with the intention of having a really good look over it. I think the pick of the site is the park info page, which includes this gem:

Paving extends to all the main areas of the venue. No need to worry about muddy surfaces. Try to avoid visiting when a strong wind blows in Summer.
And yes, this is the sort of dodgy little park that I love :) Edited by joz

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Haven't been on them, in fact have barely seen anyone go on them, maybe when it warms up I'll check them out. 2 points on the advertising thing: 1. That was a cheap shot 2. Am I the only one amused when the ad space for sale on Myfun site shows ads for their own parks?
am i the only one that uses adblock? :P

• rappa locked this topic