The Off Topic Topic

So here's a special treat for nostalgia buffs, its Jackie McDonald's tour of Sea World video from 1994
As always when being nostalgic, try not be depressed by seeing how much more awesome things used to be, like the fact there used to be a Carvery in Dockside.
I wish there was more then just the split second of that serpent slayer show. It seems pretty good, especially compared to the ski show they are getting rid of on july 20. If they could do that 15 years ago, it will be interesting to see what they do with this new show. I love the helicopter involvement.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it isn't that far of the ground there since it is just the part where the path loops around on itself. I just came across this: http://news.uk.msn.com/odd-news/article.as...entid=149033576

Woman to marry fairground ride A 33-year-old church organist from Pennsylvania is planning to marry a magic carpet fairground ride. Amy Wolfe claims to have objectum sexuality, a condition that makes sufferers attracted to inanimate objects. She has been 'courting' the attraction, an 80ft gondola ride called 1001 Nachts, for a decade. According to the Daily Telegraph, Wolfe travels 160 miles to visit the attraction up to 10 times every year. It is estimated she has taken approximately 3,000 rides since first visiting the theme park at the age of 13. "I love him as much as women love their husbands and know we'll be together forever," she said. "I was instantly attracted to him sexually and mentally. "I wasn't freaked out, as it just felt so natural, but I didn't tell anyone about it because I knew it wasn't 'normal' to have feelings for a fairground ride." Wolfe sleeps with a picture of the ride on her ceiling. She also carries its spare nuts and bolts around in a bid to feel closer to the machinery. "I'm not hurting anyone and I can't help it," she added. "It's a part of who I am." After the wedding she plans to change her name to Amy Weber, in honour of the manufacturer of the attraction.
Sounds like a member that used to post here...

Pretty decent judging from the POV on their site too... I would love to see something like this go into Wet'n'Wild. Taken from PALGN:

More Left for Dead 2 details revealed PC News | This used to be a funhouse, but now its full of zombie driven dodge 'em cars. While the zombie driven dodge 'em cars might be a pipe dream (fingers crossed that it isn't!), the latest episode of Game Trailers TV has revealed that one of the campaigns for Valve's zombie killing sequel Left 4 Dead 2 will take place in an amusement park. Details on the campaign are light, but what we do know from the footage is that this amusement park is more akin to a low budget carnival than to a Disney-esque theme park. Also announced was a new melee weapon for the title, a katana, which has proved to be one of the most widely requested melee weapons from the fan community. Left 4 Dead 2 is scheduled for release this November.
Sounds perfect for us theme park nuts! :D Also: Toy Story Mania, inspired by the Disney attractions and having been made for Wii has hit the Australian iTunes store for iPod Touch/iPhone: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...840740&mt=8 Edited by Gold Coaster

Nup, can't get excited by 'Wildebeest'. All it is to me is a longer Super Tubes, which is probably the worst ride at WWW. The only thing I like about it is the 'lift hill', so for me, it's not something I'd like to see at WnW. A shoot the chutes, topspin with water fountains, splash battle, or the thingo Gazza pointed out make much better options for me.

• 2 weeks later...

What do they do when Fantasmic is canceled at WDW due to weather?

It really impresses me that there's such a good show standing by just in case. The fact that the grandstand is next to empty and they've had to cancel the show, but have put something on is IMHO pure class. Also the song at the start is stuck in my head. Edited by joz

Fantasmic = The most awesome theme park show I have ever seen, dare I say the best pyrotechnic/ effects show ever! Seriously guys, if you ever do go to Disneyland, (or the world) don't leave fantasmic till your last day. If your anything like me, you'll want to see it over and over again. And if you haven't seen the show, don't judge the show on some YouTube clips, it's very hard for a camera to capture the magic of fantasmic.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like ranting about WWW's food. I was there on Wednesday, got a grilled chicken burger meal. I got slugged an extra $1.50 for changing from a regular soft drink to a juice (Even though both things cost $3.70 on the individual menu)....why such a big price difference. Finally got my meal, the chicken pattie was literally half the size of the catburgers at MW (Really, i mean it, the fillet inside had a straight edge on one side, so obviously they take full sized ones, cut them and split them between burgers <_< . To top it all off they must really be keen on using their vegetable resources efficiently, because I got the end slice of the tomato with the stem. At least the chips were fine. That cost me $16 all up.

Well - the meal combos normally are cheaper than buying everything separately. The soft drink is normally the cheapest thing in the combo (post mix is normally only a few cents per cup), so when you change to a pre-packaged Juice, they have to make money on it, and hence the extra charge.

Same reason why McDonalds and Subway charge the same for a Juice as a softdrink, because people will still take the cheaper option. If it is the same price, then the "healthy conscience" will win and buy the healthy option. Better than getting smacked for not offering a healthy option, or charging more for a healthy option altogether.

He probably is out getting plastered as we speak....happy birthday mate! Ok, so my googling session has already yielded some renderings of Adventure Waters, what else can I find? How about a whole new water park that has opened in Darwin, that has free admission: httphttp://www.nt.gov.au/nreta/parks/find/leanyer/waterslides.html Granted, Leyaner Fun Park has two body slides, a raft slide and a water play structure, but for free admission you cant complain too much. Pics: http://www.nt.gov.au/nreta/parks/find/leanyer/pictures.html leanyer_slide9.jpgSTB_4249.JPG

Edited by Gazza

I'm inclined, since the skate park is for the skate heads, the council may have allowed them to tag it as they wished. Our local council did the same thing a while back - Created a skate park that had walls around the outside, and the council opened it up to freely tag where it wasn't clearly visible from the outside. It doesn't stop all graffiti, but when you give taggers a place to do it, it does minimise the damage done elsewhere. Personally, I like the idea that some of the business owners back in Penrith had - on the railway lines, they had concrete walls facing out, with their business logo and contact details on it, but lower (head height or so) they got professional graffiti artists to come out, and do murals and such. FOr some stupid reason, while taggers will deface anything and everything, they won't spray over another person's graffiti... and those walls have stayed relatively pristine since the work was done...

• rappa locked this topic