The Off Topic Topic

Yeah I spend some nights just lying on top of the bed with the fan on. I was growing my hair out but last week had about half of it, four months worth, chopped off. It was just getting painful. But I will get into some sports this year - soon as summer passes! :P Might try doing some night runs though.

Edited by Gold Coaster

Cross posting from another site here, but if you have ever wanted to see what Nemesis at Alton looked like when it was being built, somebody has posted close to 170 photos of the whole process: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3796...mp;l=8e350335b7 Amazing to see it all stripped back without all the growth around it, you get a true sense of how huge some of the drops are.

Just saw this on the back of today's Bulletin and thought you might want to know.

A small fire broke out in the main arena of the Outback Spectacular at Oxenford last night. Firefighters were called about 8:40pm after a fire was started by electrical equipment being used in the arena. The fire had been extinguished before the firefighters arrived. No one was hurt in the incident.
Does anyone have any more info about this?

As you guys might've guessed I'm in LA at the moment. I went to Six Flags Magic Mountain on Monday and had a great day, the park feels a bit better run and in better condition than my last visit in 2007. More photos will be coming later, but for now, I've put up close to 30 photos of Terminator Salvation: The Ride, the newest coaster in the park: http://www.parkz.com.au/photos/US/Valencia...Ride/page1.html This was the first time I've ridden a 'modern' woodie...All the others have been old ones at LPM, Wonderland and Blackpool, or fairly average ones like Gwazi and Ghostrider. But this was fantastic in a word. It was really fast paced, with lots of directional changes, and even a couple of pops of air for good measure, and these sorts of things appeal to me in a coaster. The theming was a reasonable effort too. But the park wasn't too busy, so I got to ride stuff with only a few minutes of queuing, with plenty of rides on my favourite, Tatsu. And while I'm here, and so it will show up in future searches I'll put up some useful info. SFMM is known to be a pain to reach via public transport, but I think I've finally cracked it. Take the 757 commuter bus run by Santa Clarita transit, which departs outside North Hollywood station (on Lankershim Blvd) on the LA metro red line subway (This is one station north of Universal City, which is the station at Universal) It takes about 35 minutes to get up to the Valencia bus station, and costs $2.50 each way. It runs roughly once every hour from early in the morning, and the last one from Valencia leaves at 8:22, so it doesn't suffer from the same issues as those organized coach tours where you are forced to leave early. From the Valencia bus station (Called the McBean transfer station) you can. -Take a local bus to SFMM -Take a Taxi -Go on foot. Valencia is a nice place, and the walk up takes about 40 mins (4 km) to get to the park. I suppose if you are down in Anaheim then getting to Union station (Southern terminus of the Red Line) might still be annoying. But if you are staying in the Universal area then this should be a fairly simple trip.

My observation is this... Given quite a few members of this site are employed by warner village theme parks and NONE of them have posted any information about the above mentioned fire it would seem to suggest it might be something other than "non news." Should it in fact be a very serious matter and big deal I would imagine it just downright stupid for anyone with inside knowledge to post such knowledge in a public arena such as this. I will say this though, the company never does anything unsafe and given the show was open tonight, there is clearly obviously no danger or risk to any member of the public.

Edited by djrappa

At least it wasn't John Howard's Eyebrow catching fire... the whole of the building would have been in flames if that happened! But being serious now, I commend the work of WVTP staff that day in and day out keep everything as safe as possible. No matter how much care is taken, things can still go wrong. But it's staff that know what they are doing that prevent minor things from becoming something that is out of control.

• rappa locked this topic