The Off Topic Topic

• 2 weeks later...
dpp105024SMALL.jpg Disney have unveiled a new annual pass to their collection, The Disney Premier Passport. For US$700, pass holders can get access to every Disney park in the US. Separately, annual passes to all the parks cost over US$1000 so it is a huge saving. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010...sport-unveiled/
Breaking news…we just announced during Disney’s annual shareholders meeting that a new premium annual pass for admission to the parks at both Disneyland Resort and the Walt Disney World Resort will be offered beginning Thursday. It’s called “Disney Premier Passport” and it’ll feature the same benefits you get with the “premium” annual passes for Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts for $700, plus applicable- sales tax. So, what’s in it for you? At Walt Disney World: * Unlimited admission for a period of one year to all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks, including the ability to visit multiple parks on the same day. * Unlimited admission to Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach Water Parks * Unlimited admission to DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex (valid only on event days; some events require an additional admission charge) and Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course (greens fee only. Tee time reservations are required and subject to availability) * Parking at all four Theme Parks * Subscription to Mickey Monitor, a collectible Passholder-only publication And at Disneyland Resort: * Unlimited admission to both Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure Parks for a period of one year, including the ability to visit multiple parks on the same day. * Parking at any pay-on-entry parking lot * Subscription to Backstage Pass. * Complimentary subscription to Disney’s Family Fun Magazine (one per household) If you’re already holding a Premium Annual Pass for both Resorts, you’ll automatically be issued a “Disney Premier Passport” – with an expiration date based on the later of the two annual passes. You may also upgrade your annual or seasonal pass for one resort to a “Disney Premier Passport” for an additional fee. The Passport will be available for sale at the Disneyland Resort box office and Walt Disney World Guest Relations windows beginning tomorrow. So, sound interesting? Let us know what you think.

• 2 months later...

Just purely speculation, but is there any chance we could expect something up the front of Sea World this year. Both the Sea World Aquarium and Shark Attack will be closed from tomorrow. Unlike other attractions which state they are down for scheduled maintenance, these two attractions (and the water park) state they will just be closed. It just seemed odd to me consider that this was the proposed location for a Water Coaster a couple of years ago (before Jet Rescue was built). As it's just speculation, I didn't think that my post justifies a new topic.

Skyway is currently closed for scheduled maintenance. Zoe's Sub Splash at Sesame Street Beach will be closed for scheduled maintenance from 26th April - 23rd May inclusive. The Water Park will be closed from 27th April. Vikings Revenge Flume Ride will be closed for scheduled maintenance from 3rd - 23rd May inclusive. Sea World Aquarium will be closed from 24 May. Shark Attack will be closed from 24 May. Bert and Ernies' Big Dive at Sesame Street Beach will be closed for scheduled maintenance from 24th May - 20th June inclusive. Jet rescue Coaster will be closed for scheduled maintenance from 1st - 14th November inclusive.

Well just to throw fuel onto the fire... http://www.parkz.com.au/photo_update/const...ld-const_17.JPG Actually, I don't think this is anything beyond the fact that the Aquarium and Shark Attack building share filtration and life support systems, so to do work on those you'd need to close both. It would be great if they went ahead with the ride or started from scratch and re designed that corner of the park but I can't help but be skeptical given the projects already taking place at the other end of the park. Either that or VRTPs have done an exceptional job of plugging the information leaks to the enthusiast community, which can't be ruled out given how oblivious to new things I am these days :)

Edited by joz

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little update for those who dont always check the front page, but Six Flags Magic Mountain now has a significantly larger photo gallery...Didn't feel like doing any work tonight, so I procrastinated on this instead. These pics were taken when I was there in February, I was largley able to plug all the gaps for rides that didn't have photos, admittedly the one thing I missed was the Sandblasters bumper cars, but nobody would give a shit about them anyway... In particular Tatsu and Scream! have significantly expanded galleries. If you just want to view the whole lot in order, try: http://www.parkz.com.au/parks/US/Valencia/...tos/page12.html And some of my favourites: 0601-88_The-loop-on-Scr_DSCF2223.JPG0601-88_Scream-_DSCF2221.JPG0601-88_Riddlers-Reveng_DSCF2248.JPG0601-88_Ninja_DSCF2241.JPG0531-88_Tatsu-_10.JPG

Edited by Gazza

• rappa locked this topic