The Off Topic Topic

yeah when i go on MC the pic's are the only things i pay attention too; and some of the captions... :P but i mainly look for cars land/world though and im also looking at little mermaid and transformers which by the way in SG doesn't have a sign up saying that it is transformers. on a different note DW have named the new devil. "Dreamworld has a new baby Tassie Devil. We would like your help naming him! This competition has now closed. The winning name is 'Sarco'."

• 3 weeks later...

www.myfun.com.au Commencing Boxing Day! Have you ever wanted to go behind the scenes in an action packed movie car chase? Well now you can with the new Hollywood Stunt Driver Pit Pass. For just $179.95 you'll receive reserved seating at the show, lunch at Rick's Cafe, a behind the scenes tour of the set and photo plus, you'll need to strap yourself in as you ride shot gun with one of our famous HELLDRIVERS. You'll experience extreme stunts and precision driving first hand and get a USB copy of your in-car experience to show your mates. It's like nothing you've ever tried before! It's a heart pumping, adrenaline packed insight into the world of movie making at Hollywood Stunt Driver only available at Movie World. To book visit the Looney Sports Store located next to the entry to the Hollywood Stunt Driver arena. Plus, receive a 20% discount for up to six family members to eat at Rick's Cafe with the lucky Pit Pass holder. Family members can also stay on in the Hollywood Stunt Driver arena to watch the Pit Pass experience.

I was wondering when they would start offering an experience like this.....These sort of premium experience are always a good move IMO...It's fine to cater to bargain hunters with $99 passes etc, but if they tap into a steady stream of rev heads who will happily pay $180 then good on em I say. Now they just need to do something like Busch Gardens, and offer a behind the scenes coaster tour :)

Edited by Gazza

G'day guys and girls, Over the past few weeks i've been creating a website offering cheap, genuine, imported xbox 360 and ps3 games sourced from around the globe. Can you please give me some feedback on my website and maybe offer some constructive criticism on how I can improve the UI of my website, etc. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks P.S Sorry if I put this post in the wrong topic, i'm new here :) Website: www.thegameman.com.au

themeparkGC Regarding what you just mentioned i don't know exactly what any of the figures were but for a few days before i contemplated sussing out the parks on my day off. Early yesterday morning i decided why the heck not. So my day began with a trip to Sea World. I had to wait 4 sets of lights at the Sea World turn off on the Gold Coast HWY to turn, then began a usual 5min drive up Sea World drive which took myself and every other man and his dog 40mins. I left the park at 10:30 after having a quick look at the penguins and there was no room left in the car park and about one row left to fit cars in the grass overflow car park. Mind you traffic was still back all the way to the Gold Coast HWY. Next it was off to Dreamworld. Well what a head ache that was. Due to the number of people trying to get to Movie World and Wet"n"Wild the M1 was brought to a stand still both South Bound and North Bound. Once i finally arrived i had to drive past the park all the way around to the School located to the right hand side of the property to find no room ANYWHERE to park. It was then a half a KM walk to the parks entrance. As i got to the entrance 1000's of guests were told no more people are to enter White Water World and the area was taped off. So they all rushed to Dreamworlds front gates. Inside at the park-hop gate they were only letting the amount coming out to go into the water park. As i left i spoke to a friend of my who works in security and he said give it 10-15mins and Dreamworlds gates will be closed this was at 12:15. (Must say i really don't mind the roof at Dreamworld.) Then it was off to the village complex, M1 had started moving again but only to about 60km/h once i got into Movie World i spoke to a few of the lovely ladies at front gate and they all said that they heard all parks were closed off except Movie World which was around 1pm. Once in the crowds were crazy. I seen one fellow mobile vendor working on there own to keep up with the ever growing lines for food. Great effort on there behalf i must say ;) Off to Wet"n"wild next where they were only letting in what was leaving the park, once in you couldn't even see the water in the wave pool, that many people it was nuts. This i would have to say was the most crowded looking park of all. Just to top it off i also heard that the Optus network went down for a bit in the Oxenford area midday. So as we can see during the busiest few days of the year when the first 4 of them are wash outs everyone holds off until that next perfect day which just happen to be yesterday. Good luck to those attending the festival out at the spit on Sunday i advise you leave very early. Park goers traffic mixed with festival goers traffic will not end up very well at all. (Excuse my terrible spelling and punctuation im in a rush :D)

Just got back from surfers for NYE. Had a really good time, must say though, I knew the parks were busy but not THAT bad!! Anyone going this time of year, I suggest do WnW after 6:30, the place is desserted! I ended up riding aqua loop about 15 times (jump when the countdown hits 1 :D ). Can't really complain about anything, just one ride attendant on Cyclone was a bitch and another thing thing is, Q4U customers should have priority in where they want to sit.

Q4U customers should have priority in where they want to sit.
I think that is a recipe for non-Q4U guest rage. Q4U is meant to just be a placeholder for you in a line, But I don't see why it then means you then get pick of the draw over other riders...It would mean that front row seats would near be impossible for everyone else to get because the Q4U riders would almost always get in first to take them. The way I see it the best way should be to have a proper 'free for all' at loading gates so people can choose where to sit, and Q4U riders would enter in at the start of the "free for all".

^I think you probably just had some bad luck when you went, I mean what are the odds several major rides go down at once? (Would have to be a mechanic running around that day!)

Now that would be a new years i would love to be apart of.
Loved that little trick at 2:06 where they made the fountains "wave". Also loled at 3:46 when Justin Beiber started playing and the crowd simultaneously booed. Edited by Gazza
Changed time

Somewhat interesting, but Intamin have built a new website, and it has a page on the Jetski Coaster: http://data.sphosting.ch/Intamin/Media/Jet...i%20Coaster.pdf Some nice schematic drawings of the train, and you can even see how the layout was changed a little bit in the final design that was built.
57kmh??? Weren't these supposed to be around 72?

Hopefully a ride was working at Movieworld went you went?
Lethal Weapon was down on Friday and Saturday but was back up and running on Sunday, however only one train was operating (red). Even though the park was packed the rides didn't really have too of big lines excluding SE which was always 90 minutes. Scooby-Doo was only 30 minutes, the line for WWF was out of the building but only took 10 minutes, looney tunes river ride was a walk on, Batwing Spaceshot was 20 minutes. The line for the 4D show was always big and people would always miss out on it too.

Lethal Weapon was down on Friday and Saturday but was back up and running on Sunday, however only one train was operating (red).
^Since a couple of years ago (someone could correct me exactly when) there is only one train operating. For a while it was only the blue train, but recently the blue train has been taken off and now it is the red one. Would anyone know why they can't run both trains? And why the red train was getting "maintenance" done for so long?

^I think you probably just had some bad luck when you went, I mean what are the odds several major rides go down at once? (Would have to be a mechanic running around that day!)
Bad luck is right, it was new years eve, SE, LW, Batwing and BTR2 at one stage were all down at once. Spent most of the day trying to find a ride that was open. Edited by JD_bunnies_supporter

Bad luck is right, it was new years eve, SE, LW, Batwing and BTR2 at one stage were all down at once. Spent most of the day trying to find a ride that was open.
Your sure you were there NYE?! The only time SE went down was because something came out of someones pocket and hit someone behind them, and it was closed down for 30 minutes only. Batwing was going all day, I could see it going all day, and BTR2, well no loss there :)

Your sure you were there NYE?! The only time SE went down was because something came out of someones pocket and hit someone behind them, and it was closed down for 30 minutes only.
30 minutes only?? I got on SDSC right on 10oclock, then walked to SE and it was closed, then went back after WWF, it had reopened, and then closed again. From the time I was there to about 1ish, it was only open for about 30 minutes. Edited by JD_bunnies_supporter

Your sure you were there NYE?! The only time SE went down was because something came out of someones pocket and hit someone behind them, and it was closed down for 30 minutes only. Batwing was going all day, I could see it going all day, and BTR2, well no loss there :)
Ummm are you sure you were there NYE? I was and in the the hours I was in the park (10-1pm approx) SE broke down 3 times from memory. Edited by cadboy

• rappa locked this topic