The Off Topic Topic

Projection mapping is cool but it's so common now it's really lost its WOW unless it's something earth shattering. As far as effort, something like the Disney Studios Christmas lights takes waaay more time and effort than projection mapping... For what it's worth. WWF would be amazing to do cool projection but is hardly practical for the focus of a night time presentation.

Why then?

Well first off it started with the fire works on one night. They were called off due to strong winds in higher altitudes (or so they said), we were a bit annoyed as they made us wait an hour but we could understand why, then instead of letting us leave they forced us, that right forced us (they wouldn't let us leave and told us to wait until the end) to watch their Christmas snowfall. Which turned out to be a three lights turning of and on, on the castle. With bubbles imitating the snow (commonly done). The next night we tried again. This time they warned us that the fireworks may be cancelled due to high strong winds. Yet a kid let go of a balloon and as we watched it go up it hardly changed position, indicating very little wind. Who ever was in control of the fireworks told the staff to start packing up but as soon as they were finished the show started. Which actually was a really lame firework show (compared to other displays and previous years and Disneyland) Then they made us stay for the Christmas show again. Over all they gave a us a sour feeling the way they handled everything.

Really!!! "They Forced us" There is no force for god sake! you have every god dam right to do what you wish, you choose to stay and watch and wait. Plus if i know Disney you would have received consistent pre recorded Audio announcements similar to this: "Ladies and Gentleman boys and girls due to unfavorable wind and weather conditions it is possible that tonight’s performance of believe in the holiday magic our fireworks spectacular may be cancelled. A final decision has not been made in the hope of better weather conditions at show time. We will continue to try to present the show as scheduled and apologize for any inconvenience. We hope you enjoy the rest of your visit with us during this holiday season." (Edit: I know you all have that typical Disney parks voice over voice playing in your head as you read that spiel!!!) Cruiseshipfan i think you have exaggerated that scenario just a little. Not to mention im sure Disney can handle situations a lot better than that they have been in the business for over 56 years. Plus I know from our parks when i ride is shut or a show has to be cancelled mid show or all together there is legitimately a decent reason why. Not to mention the staff still have to remain on site and assist in guest relating. So there not exactly sitting around doing it for shits and giggles. Labour is still to be spent, You have un happy guests, Its a instant cause for guest complaints. I don't know any company that would initiate that just because they couldn't be bothered putting on a show for you instead we will tell you we can't do it because of high winds! (Or so they said).

Edited by S.Willie

Damas y caballeros niños y niñas debido al viento y las condiciones meteorológicas desfavorables, es posible que el rendimiento de esta noche de believe in the holiday magic our fireworks espectacular puede ser cancelada. La decisión final no se ha hecho con la esperanza demejores condiciones climáticas en el momento de mostrar. Vamos a seguir para tratar de presentar el espectáculo como estaba previsto y le pedimos disculpas por cualquier inconveniente. Esperamos que disfrute el resto de su visita con nosotros durante esta temporada de fiestas :P

Edited by S.Willie

Damas y caballeros niños y niñas debido al viento y las condiciones meteorológicas desfavorables, es posible que el rendimiento de esta noche de believe in the holiday magic our fireworks espectacular puede ser cancelada. La decisión final no se ha hecho con la esperanza demejores condiciones climáticas en el momento de mostrar. Vamos a seguir para tratar de presentar el espectáculo como estaba previsto y le pedimos disculpas por cualquier inconveniente. Esperamos que disfrute el resto de su visita con nosotros durante esta temporada de fiestas :P

About the limit of my Spanish is 'y' and 'liebre'. But this is pretty cool. I really don't think they'd force you to watch the show - you should be allowed to leave if you want. And also based on what I've heard, if the Disney Xmas show is as lame as all that then it's just another reason for me to not go.

• rappa locked this topic