The Off Topic Topic

VRTP have been doing some weekend specials at retail outlets lately to entice locals/weekend visitors to outlay money at outlets they generally wouldn't... Not sure if with your GL photo you get the pictured bottle or a boulder ;)post-2212-0-77678700-1331512113_thumb.jp

A boulder is a type of drink bottle that usually refers to the metallic flask style bottles.

Spiderman at IOA has been re-done with a new soundtrack and scenes that have been re animated in 4K and ehnanced in some ways. I quite like some of the changes actually, particularly the scenes with Electro, and the final sequence with you flying through the air and falling. I also like the way they have given the vehicle sound effects a bit more beef....A roaring engine and squealing tyres. They did this on Transformers too, and it really helps. The vehicle moves fairly slow in comparison to most rides, but this helps increase the illusion of speed. Edited by Gazza

I've just come back from the Goldy after spending 2 weeks there and during that time my family and I hit the parks 14 times. I just wanted to make a few comments of my obsservations of the parks from a person who only visits annually. I know people in these forums are passionate about certain elements of the Gold Coast Parks so I would like to point out at the start that these are MY observations/thoughts and I am not having a go and anyone in particular. Movieworld - We went there 4 times and couldn't get over the amount of people in the park at this time of the year. All in all the experience at Movieworld was great. Superman - we went of Superman 13 times. The water coming down the stairs wasn't working but that didn't bother us. Everyday we were there, there was at least a 30min wait time for Superman. With Leathal Weapon, Batman the ride,Batman slingshot, and Looney tunes river Ride not open, I thought it would have been better to run 2 trains on Superman to help take the strain of the extra people. A positive about Superman was that they were running it in the rain, which was a first for us. Green Lantern - Great ride and we got caught on it when it broke down one day. It's such a shame they put it in the carpark. Walking through the themed area is good, but all of a sudden you are out of the park ( it felt a bit like getting on a ride at a local carnival). Scooby doo - everything seemed to be working and always a fun ride. There was plenty of work going on in the old leathal weapon area. Wet N Wild - Another 4 visits. It's a shame that there is obviously staffing cut backs as some rides opened alternatively. The black hole had both tubes running with water, but due to only one person up the top, they could only send people down one tube which made the wait for it over 30 minutes. Aqua Loop - What a waste of money. I went on it and it's a great slide, but easily 30% of the people who went on it failed to make it over the loop and that's even AFTER you are weighed. Dreamworld - Buzzsaw - What the??? It was a great new experience, but I felt that there was something missing from it and when I got off I was thinking, " Was that it?" Maybe 2 full laps around it might have made it more complete. Shockwave was a great new ride. The Dreamworks area was starting to look pretty good and at least dreaworld added a few temporary kiddies rides around the park to make up for the ones closed while they work on the new area. We still had a great time and will be back again soon.

Dreamworld - Buzzsaw - What the??? It was a great new experience, but I felt that there was something missing from it and when I got off I was thinking, " Was that it?" Maybe 2 full laps around it might have made it more complete.

My thoughts exactly. I have never got to do a double cycle so it may be better. Whilst it may seem a good addition the other car park coaster down the road is much better.

Shock wave I think is pretty batshit boring TBH

Shockwave isn't that bad. Sure it is no Redback but unlike the other new ride in the park it has a decent ride time and is something fun for most of the family without being too big and scary looking. Did you do Sea World Hendo and if so what were your thoughts on the park?

Yeah we did Sea World for a whole day. It was our "rest" day as there aren't too many rides there. Jet Rescue was as good as ever, but while we were there the roller coaster was closed for maitenance. Bermuda triagle was obviously shut so there was a decent line up for the log ride. Just standing there looking at the Bermuda/Log ride area, my thoughts are that they should bulldose the whole lot and build something else in there (don't ask me what). There's plenty of room there but I suppose it comes down to money. We think Sea World (for the type of park it is), is a really good day out.

but while we were there the roller coaster was closed for maitenance.

but while we were there SEA VIPER was closed for maitenance.

Bermuda triagle was obviously shut so there was a decent line up for the log ride. Just standing there looking at the Bermuda/Log ride area,

Bermuda triaNgle was obviously shut so there was a decent line up for VIKINGS REVENGE LOG RIDE. Just standing there looking at the Bermuda/VIKINGS REVENGE LOG RIDE area, Vikings Revenge, Vikings, and VRLR/VR will also be accepted.... apu1.jpg Edited by jjuttp

Does it really matter if the correct names for the rides have not been listed??? Everyone on this site knows what I am talking about, but I suppose for simple minded people like you jjuttp I'll make sure I have the correct names written down in the future so you don't have to spend a day or two looking them up to see what I am talking about.

Something that definitely is interesting is the opening of Swarm, the 2nd B&M Wing Coaster.

This is probably the best video out there, really does look fantastic. Perhaps the one thing I would change is to shorten it back to a 5 car train (Yes it would reduce capacity, but then again, SLCs run with 20 person trains) I think the trains on these tend to lumber around a bit, but if the train were a tad shorter it would bring the weight in line with their other coasters, allowing it to barrel through the course in true B&M style. Edited by Gazza

I just wanted to get everyones opinion as to what is the best time to go to the Australian parks. If you read my post that I put on here last week, you will know that my family and I just spent 2 weeks at the Gold Coast and spent all our time at the parks. We had a great time, but with many attractions closed for maintenance etc. we were wondering what is the best time to go to the parks. Off Season??? We have only done the parks in the off season, (usually February or March) as we feel that the extra amount of rides/slides we get to have compensates for the lack of variety of the rides/slides available (due to maintenance etc). On Season??? Is it better to go during peak holiday season as EVERYTHING (well almost everything) is open? Are you getting the same experience having fewer rides/slides, but getting more of a variety? Any ideas???

IMO peak season is when the parks are at their best (Barring the water parks, which are mental), everything is open and at capacity, and more of a Buzz. But perhaps try and go say mid Jan rather than the insane couple of weeks following new years. I've been at MW on a day with 12,000 guests, and yeah it did have long queues, but we got on everything and had a good day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • rappa locked this topic