The Off Topic Topic

I'd quote but work's browser doesn't support half the forum features... in relation to Joz's comments - LTRR has been well hidden - even going so far as to turn the queueline into a 'coaster viewing area' was genius (even if you can't see much of the riders). They have handled that well. In relation to WnW - the staff cutting is unforgiveable, but still understandable. Wonderland used to run rides on an 'alternate' hour to save staff costs, but in relation to whirlpool, didn't it used to be hot-spas in the winter, and an actual 'whirlpool' in the summer? I think they've gotten seriously lazy with that one - obviously it took some effort to 'convert' the attraction each season, but that's what it was there for. In recent times, they've simply closed it off during winter and left it. piss-poor is agreed. Lastly - They can't open the train at SW anymore. Have you seen what they've done, especially to the tracks near the crossing next to flume? I don't think poorly of them for leaving the tracks in - it is at great expense, and little to gain from removing the tracks, unless they're ready to build something right on top of them. Some of the members here will throw something at me for saying this, but the train is dead. Any attempt to resurrect it would be futile.

I am surprised this has not been raised before. I just want to clarify your points here AlexB. I do not understand what is the major impediment to re-opening the Seaworld train. I have not seen what the park has done to the tracks near the crossing next to the flume as you have noted , but in my mind, surely it could be re-introduced as a far cheaper option than it is to rip up the entirety of the track. Having 90% of the attraction in place would only require minimal effort and expenditure to get it up and running again. I am positive this would NOT be an insurmountable problem for Seaworld , if they truly desired to re-open the Railway. I completely agree with Joz in this. The re-introduction of the Seaworld railway would be a great returning asset and would be a very popular move with the public at large. I just do not see how any "attempt to resurrect it would be futile"-in fact I believe that it would prove to be a very simple and relatively cheap operation to return a much loved and still existing park icon back to operating condition. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd quote but work's browser doesn't support half the forum features... in relation to Joz's comments - LTRR has been well hidden - even going so far as to turn the queueline into a 'coaster viewing area' was genius (even if you can't see much of the riders). They have handled that well. In relation to WnW - the staff cutting is unforgiveable, but still understandable. Wonderland used to run rides on an 'alternate' hour to save staff costs, but in relation to whirlpool, didn't it used to be hot-spas in the winter, and an actual 'whirlpool' in the summer? I think they've gotten seriously lazy with that one - obviously it took some effort to 'convert' the attraction each season, but that's what it was there for. In recent times, they've simply closed it off during winter and left it. piss-poor is agreed. Lastly - They can't open the train at SW anymore. Have you seen what they've done, especially to the tracks near the crossing next to flume? I don't think poorly of them for leaving the tracks in - it is at great expense, and little to gain from removing the tracks, unless they're ready to build something right on top of them. Some of the members here will throw something at me for saying this, but the train is dead. Any attempt to resurrect it would be futile.

I am surprised this has not been raised before. I just want to clarify your points here AlexB. I do not understand what is the major impediment to re-opening the Seaworld train. I have not seen what the park has done to the tracks near the crossing next to the flume as you have noted , but in my mind, surely it could be re-introduced as a far cheaper option than it is to rip up the entirety of the track. Having 90% of the attraction in place would only require minimal effort and expenditure to get it up and running again. I am positive this would NOT be an insurmountable problem for Seaworld , if they truly desired to re-open the Railway. I completely agree with Joz in this. The re-introduction of the Seaworld railway would be a great returning asset and would be a very popular move with the public at large. I just do not see how any "attempt to resurrect it would be futile"-in fact I believe that it would prove to be a very simple and relatively cheap operation to return a much loved and still existing park icon back to operating condition. :)

This seems to have been missed in the ether somewhere-would anyone care to elaborate further on these comments?? I think its a big call to say that it would be futile to re-introduce the Seaworld railway- but I would be happy to be proven wrong with a logical argument and/or further information. Any takers??

The station near the sealion theatre and at the waterpark. Not sure if there were ever any other stops.

From my memory that seems correct Wycenuros. The train did one loop per cycle and left at set times. As has been noted, it did not run at certain times when certain shows were in attendance. I wonder if one of the reasons that it has not been re-opened as of yet, is because it drew patronage away from the monorail?? I mean, Seaworld already has 3 exisiting people movers, with the Train included. Perhaps it was seen as being superfluous to requirements because of this?? Just thinking out loud...... For those who miss and lament the loss of the Seaworld train I give you the below pic..... :D

post-30-0-83392700-1337503257_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jobe

I wonder if one of the reasons that it has not been re-opened as of yet, is because it drew patronage away from the monorail?? I mean, Seaworld already has 3 exisiting people movers, with the Train included. Perhaps it was seen as being superfluous to requirements because of this?? Just thinking out loud......

That is an interesting point. I think the monorail is a better option as it circles the entire park. For the train you had to walk to almost halfway before you could get on. Same sort of thing affects the Skyway only running 2/3 of the way. Query: With the fence they have placed over the tracks at the back of the park have they also placed concrete over the tracks?

• rappa locked this topic