The Off Topic Topic

I am happy Disney will bring back Star Wars as they have great resources and money to make this great. Look Disney own marval and those movies are fantastic and even Pixar and George himself fucked up one thru 3 so now that he is done we can see some great movies soon and our fav characters like Han Solo and chewbacca even know it should be set 20 after number 6

Although George has actually written the storyline for the next three films....

Thats fine as long as he doesnt direct any of them. I am happy with the purchase by Disney, When we look at movies like Pirates and John Carter we can see Disney has the ability to take on such a big franchise. They cant do worse than lucas's 1-3 thats for sure.

This reminds me of this episode of South Park http://www.southpark...9/look-out-indy, yes it is South Park clip so if you click it and are offended you should have known what was coming. Interesting to see where they take it. Can honestly say I have not seen the full Star Wars series, only Ep 1 and part of 2.

I was just browsing over Nearmaps looking at Moviworld/Wet 'n' Wild and noticed that the estate next to WnW has all the street named after Hollywood/Entertainment related themes -

• [*]Studio Drive [*]Village Way [*]Accademy Street [*]Illusion Ct. [*]Drama St [*]Script St [*]Broadway Dr [*]Universal St. [*]Paramount Pl [*]Columbia Ct [*]Theatre st [*]Camera St [*]Hollywood Pl [*]Chaplin Cr [*]Monroe Crt [*]Artists Ave [*]Metro Cr [*]Goldwyn Way [*]Oscar Court [*]Musical Crt [*]Adventure Ave [*]Epic St

While getting little Mr out of the car at MW this morning had a theme park employee (suited up) swerve into the space next to us on the side I was getting him out of the car bumping his pram and narrowly missing myself and my vehicle. Looked at the driver and commented to him about watching what was going on and being more careful with children around. He glared at me as he locked his car, shrugged and walked off. Is this the standard of person that we are putting our and our childrens safety in the hands of when we go on the rides and attractions these days?

I personally think the standard of guests visiting the park has a lot to do with the standard of the staff working there. Not a direct attack on you Wyn - just a 'general observation' of the quality of guests we seem to have in the park these days. Most cast members in parks start out rosy, but they lose the 'gloss' over time, as it becomes just 'a job' - even Disney employees get that way in some areas circles. Unfortunately, we can't always expect those that work in the parks to have such a cheery demeanour outside the park. Another difference is - he wasn't being paid to be nice to you and follow safety procedures in the carpark - the government took away the opportunity to claim workers comp whilst travelling to and from work - so really a case of 'not his problem'. The only issue i take is that a cast member is travelling to work in uniform. Given how easily this identifies you, most parks that i know of have strict policies about employees travelling to work 'in costume'...

Agree completely with the starting out rosy issue as this is present in every line of work and the quality of guest the park seems to attract with the continuous cheapening of tickets and passes. This is something that has been mentioned a few times before by others on the forums. Main concerns were, yes in uniform so realistically is representing the park. Suited up so obviously admin / managerial role. The fact he actually bumped the pram with his car as he swerved into the car space, I had too move closer to the car so not to be hit, and the speed he did the manouevre when the pram was clearly visible near the back of the car but well within the bay we were parked in was my main issue. Had my son been in the pram at the time there would have been much more of a conversation involved.

Not doubting the event, I am sure it happened, but one question... If he entered the parking space at 'the speed he did', how did you have time to 'move closer to the car so as not to be hit' ? Okay - so i have a few more questions... What type of car model do you have, and what type of pram? And what type of car was this guy driving? I'm just interested - more of a physics thing.

If he entered the parking space at 'the speed he did', how did you have time to 'move closer to the car so as not to be hit' ? Wife called out as she saw him start to swing as if he would be pulling in to space. What type of car model do you have, and what type of pram? 2011 Kia Rio, ZuZu Genesis And what type of car was this guy driving? Telstar.

If he entered the parking space at 'the speed he did', how did you have time to 'move closer to the car so as not to be hit' ? Wife called out as she saw him start to swing as if he would be pulling in to space. What type of car model do you have, and what type of pram? 2011 Kia Rio, ZuZu Genesis And what type of car was this guy driving? Telstar.

I presume the Zuzu is the 3 wheel model - like most are these days... Ok, so in the end we're talking about two mid-size cars, and a 3 wheeler pram. I know MW's car spaces aren't the biggest, but I put a fullsize family wagon and a 4WD wagonback side by side in those things without an issue. I certainly understand your concern for your child (i would be too) but apart from nudging the pram, I'd say you each had a reasonable amount of room... I reiterate that staff should not travel to work in uniform, (and to be quite honest, staff should be required to park in the furthest carpark from the gate)... but as I said - until he's on the clock, he isn't really obligated to be nice to you in any way. As a matter of fact - in my experience, (and in general) motorists up here are generally huge prats.

• 3 weeks later...

As someone who doesn't use an iPhone as my primary phone can't say I am yet to see it. Whilst it is good to see an app would be nicer if it was available for those of us who have Android devices as well.

Its a pretty simple app but they would have to write the code for it another 2 times to have it on the Play store and on Windows Phone which will take some time :/

There's no hard disk space allocated to apps on iOS (or there wasn't when i last looked at it), so if you want to store anything you have to build database tables and store them in there. However, opening Safari with a customised toolbar and pulling an iOS optimised website is 10x easier. I haven't seen the Dreamworld app. I think it's probably premature, unless they're one of the parks that Lo-Q is planning to install the phone-based queue-bots.

• rappa locked this topic