The Off Topic Topic

The only thing app worthy in it is the park map, which is supposed to use the phones GPS to provide your location on the park map. The rest could easily be achieved by a mobile website. It is worth noting that the ticket purchase feature of the app just redirects to their mobile ticket website.

Google Maps by itself is average but combine it with Google Navigation and you have an extremely hard to beat navigation solution, especially for the price you are paying. I am another of the former iPhone users who now use an S3 and will never go back to Apple after it. I prefer innovation via the phone, not the courtroom.

My 'real phone' comment wasn't directed at Android users... just Windows Phone users. Street view is nice, but in a way - dated. Are they going to roll out the street-view car every time they change something update a ride theme the park? Ideally - they'd want to have a separate set up for fright nights and white christmas too. More of a gimmick than anything really useful. Agree that a solid mobile site would be preferable to an 'app' for any platform...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • rappa locked this topic