The Off Topic Topic

Channel 7 showed some of the construction of the new polar bear exhibit in the news this afternoon, it was part of the story if the bear cubs first steps. They said the cub will go on public display in September in the new exhibit. This along with the storm coaster will be a huge draw card for the September holidays at sea world

^^ Add on.

A cub kindy with chew toys has been set up for when the newborn is allowed outside and in an effort to ensure its safety as it grows up, Sea World is spending $1.5 million extending the polar bear enclosure.

It's expected the cub will move into the new display area in September.

It will never cross paths with its father. In the wild, cubs are often killed by the older male.

There’s a storm brewing at Sea World and it’s going to be a big one!

Experience a ride the whole family will enjoy as you’re taken on a thrilling journey through a storm ravaged container port. Featuring amazing water and fire effects, ride out the Storm with your family and friends this Summer, only at Sea World.

So it has :(

http://seaworld.com.au/rides-and-attractions/rides/storm-coaster.aspx

Have you guys ridden Pandamonium enough times to know the cycle? I've ridden around 20 times and the other day I had a couple of rather unusual rides where the arm seemed to make a clicking noise and the ride never started 'rolling' in the opposite direction. So of my 20 or so rides this has happened twice on the same day. Anyone else found this?

• 1 month later...

Funfields is adding a ProSlide CannonBowl for the 2013/2014 season. 'Typhoon' will be the world's longest CannonBowl waterslide in the world. It's similar to the little-rippers at White Water World on the Coast, but this one will have a longer 'pre-bowl' section i'm assuming. http://www.funfields...actionnew-page/

They already have some construction pictures up on their facebook page: https://www.facebook...92086089&type=1. I love the marketing approach that Adventure World and Funfields are taking. Using social media to show updates and releasing proper details of the ride months before opening. Similar to what the American parks do.

Edited by Luke

I wasn't referring to the ride, I meant the expo in general. One thing I found with PAX in Melbourne was that the displays took up too much room which could have been used for other exhibitors. World of Tanks & Splinter Cell had large, pointless displays.

Well they must have payed good cash for that space. Pointless Displays = Advertising. Edited by colliric_855

• 2 weeks later...

The trims catch a bit more on the second brake run, but they've been doing that for quite a while.

As a result it meant the audio was finishing halfway through the final turn rather than on the brake run for a little while, but recently they seem to have made the audio start later so it finishes on time.

TBH I preferred it a little faster - the inversions aren't fast enough to hold you in your seat - you start to slip and really feel like you're coming out of the restraint.

That said, the additional few seconds of ride time allow for a smoother cycle transition. It's probably a little harsh but the cycle times on my last visit were incredibly slow (mainly due to training two new ops)... on the plus side.... FINALLY got Audio.

Hey everyone, first time posting here, but been following the forums for about 3 years. I did a search but couldn't find anything, but I was wondering if the parks serve alcohol during the day time? Specifically Movieworld and Dreamworld. I tried searching on their respective websites and cafe menus but they aren't very detailed. Cheers in advance

• rappa locked this topic