The Off Topic Topic

I have some theme park related questions, 1)Does Disneyland's Pirate Ship run on a rail? 2) It says on Wikipedia that the uniforms for the Ride OPs at DCA's Twilight Zone cost around 1K, True? :blink:
So this is like the random thread, but theme park related, cool. 1)Yeah, there is an I beam down the middle of the river 2)Well, an expensive business suit can cost that much so its possible...Disney somehow manage to spend huge sums on everything, so it actually wouldn't surprise me.

Double Thank you, speaking of massive splurges and staying off topic,

The new Cars Land will contain three attractions and will span 12 acres. The first, Radiator Springs Racers, will be an E-Ticket attraction using the technology of Epcot's Test Track. It will be among the most expensive rides ever built at an estimated 200 million dollars. [8]
Damn Disney for not investing here!

• 4 weeks later...

Something random I just discovered, those odd toilet signs at DW are actually 'borrowed' from Legoland. (Google Image legoland toilet sign if you don't believe me)...come to think of it the pictograms at DW do actually look a bit like lego men/women. Though evidently it would have been two obvious to 'borrow' some of the other legoland pictograms: sign1.jpgsign2.jpg

Edited by Gazza

• 2 months later...
Searching was to strenuous, so Ill phaze my question like a pop quiz to make it acceptable: 1) What was on the land where Superman Escape is housed now? and specifics You Have 60 seconds.
Wasn't it the station and queue area for the 'back lot' tram tour they used to run? And then it was an entrance to get to the movie magic show... or was that part of the 'back lot' tour?

Superman Escape now sits on the land that the old Movie magic special effects show once occupied. Another case of get rid of one attraction to make way for another even though there is plenty of room to expand to ther areas of the park. Not that I am upset about the removal of the old show but when will MW realise that the ride/attraction count needs to increase as time goes by, not stay the same. OK now back on topic. :lol:

Edited by cadboy

Ah I get you now, simple misunderstanding.

Not that I am upset about the removal of the old show but when will MW realise that the ride/attraction count needs to increase as time goes by, not stay the same.
What I meant by this section of the post wasn't directly relating to MMSES rather the whole park in general. It was just that the removal of an attraction to make way for another is common place at MW and while talking about this attractions remval for a new attraction (SE) I though it would be a good time to tie the whole idea that MW has, that a new ride needs to replace a current attraction. Oh and yes I know there are exceptions but as a general rule.

• 2 months later...

And just on that note, does anybody know Dreamworlds land boundaries on the northern and easter sides of the parks? There seems to be some sort of plantation (with sheep) on the northern side (next to the vintage cars) and was just curious as to if they are actually run by Dreamworld.

Edited by T-bone

And just on that note, does anybody know Dreamworlds land boundaries on the northern and easter sides of the parks? There seems to be some sort of plantation (with sheep) on the northern side (next to the vintage cars) and was just curious as to if they are actually run by Dreamworld.
A lot of that plantation area is all eucalypt (and theres not just sheep.. theres all sorts of crazy stuff out there!). Because of the large amounts of koalas at dreamworld, they have to be able to generate a sizeable amount of their own eucalypt to be allowed to house them. But yeah, Basically that plantation, all of the bush land behind that etc is owned by Macquarie. To give you an idea, Dreamworld Currently occupies about 30Ha of a total 85Ha Site.

• 1 month later...

Dreamworld land size usnure of what it is in hectares and acres originally when John Longhurst owned it and is now owner of Loganhyperdome. the total land used to spread from Foxwell Road back to the Train line all the way across the front down to Government Road and back to the train line on the opposite site. Which is shaped in a funny rectangular shape. Currently the land holdings go from Foxwell road back to the train line, all the way across the front down to Government Road back to the edge of the now playing feilds along Government Road. which in almost land sizes is pretty much the same sized land as what total land WnW, Australian Outback, The Studios, grassed area behind them, MW and Carpark leading up to the creek north bound all sit on roughly.

Edited by gclad

I just discovered something cool...Whitewater West make a line of racing slides called a "Whizzard". One design is a direct rip-off of Proslides octopus racer, but at the same time they have second another variant which just looks insane: post-88-1230470220_thumb.jpg
Wow that does look great Whitewater West Certainly have some great attractions! Re The one on the left does it just go straight down after the turnaround without the bumps because I think that would be awesome. They both look steeper than out current ones. I hope that the new Sunshine Coast Water park at Aussieworld gets one of these.

• 1 month later...

I guess nobody would know then...If it isn't on Parkz then the parks probably haven't released the stat. Perhaps fire up Google earth, and measure using the ruler tool (in path mode) and just trace over the layout, and that would give a rough idea. If you wanted to be really accurate, you could measure the horizontal distance covered by the drops, lifts etc, then get the drop height stat off the database, and then use Pythagoras to work out how much distance you cover on the drop track, lift track etc.

I Searched and searched but this is the only info i can find hope it helps if your actually after facts on the attraction. Opened: 1998 Capacity: 1,440 people per hour Design: Warner Bros. Movie World Wild West Falls Adventure Ride is the 8th fastest ride in Australia (70km/h). Contains the tallest drop on a Southern Hemisphere Flume ride (20m). Wild West Falls Adventure Ride is Australia’s largest ever theme park attraction, spanning a massive 2.8 hectares. It’s surface area has increased the size of Warner Bros. Movie World by 20 per cent. The Wild West Falls Adventure Ride mountain is more than 35 metres high and 420 metres around the base – that’s bigger than an Olympic running track! The final splashdown propels riders down a 20 metre heart stopping drop at 70 kilometres an hour, with no brakes! The ride features a state-of-the-art, never before seen nine metre reverse drop and two elevated 25 degree turntables. Passengers are seated in newly developed boats that hold eight passengers and the ride can run a maximum of 18 full boats at one time. The ride takes 5.8 minutes to complete. At capacity, the Wild West Falls Adventure Ride can carry 1,440 passengers per hour based on a 45 second load and unload, and a despatch interval of 20 seconds. More than 175,000 litres of water surge through the main pump every minute – enough to fill 3.5 backyard pools. 1.5 million litres of water is used in the flume troughs and reservoir. During the six month construction more than 4,200 tonnes of concrete was used, 16,000 cubic metres of earth were moved, six kilometres of PVC pipe was laid and 300 people worked on the site

• rappa locked this topic