DonjaiInLA

The Off Topic Topic

3,589 posts in this topic

There will always be Sale and Promotional Periods whether that will include price reductions, payment plans, purchase offers, discounts or other incentives. 

Personally, I don't feel they need to discount the upfront price at any stage, moreover continue adding 'value' to the passes by encouraging in-park per-cap spend - something they have been doing with the last promo, but there is still room for more.

That last sentence is very critic! It could be they already are "looking", specifically at Dreamworld perhaps.

It probably goes without saying that if they are, only a couple of people at Ardent will know and they'll be sworn to secrecy. The public and other personnel at Dreamworld will hear nothing until such time as plans are absolutely confirmed.

We've covered ad nauseum the reasons why Disney isn't going to take over an existing theme park - you can forget Dreamworld ever becoming a Disney property.

The only outcome if they were to buy the park would be purely for the land value, as they would likely bulldoze everything. I just don't see that happening.

Yes, there is the remotest possibility that they are looking, and looking specifically at Dreamworld - i simply can't rule it out 100% without sitting in the Disney boardroom - but it is highly unlikely they're considering anywhere in Australia at this point in time, let alone Coomera.

• Like 3

Disney have been advertising their California parks in Westfield centres recently. If that doesn't send a clear message about the chances of an Australian park or destination opening by Disney I don't know what does.

Hi guys I am going to Shanghai Disneyland next week was just wondering if there were any photo requests or anything you would like me to try to find out. If you could just let me know and I will write a list down since I do not think I will have access to the internet over there.

Edited by Mc coaster

Hey MC, getting onto the internet is not a problem in China the issue is getting past the firewall that blocks alot of websites, however if you set up a VPN then you can get past it and access everything you would want too. Here is a guide that includes how to get past the great firewall of China. 

https://tdrexplorer.com/shanghai-disneyland-planning-guide/#access-blocked-websites

Honestly i'm quite surprised we don't see them around more. On my last trip to USS, they had them everywhere - especially near the high thrill attractions.

My office has recently replaced their older stock with 63 brand new ones, and a group I volunteer with just voted to buy one for every vehicle in our fleet.

At $2000 a pop, they aren't cheap, but they are an incredibly important piece of equipment that all public venues should have.