DonjaiInLA

The Off Topic Topic

4,467 posts in this topic

I have to agree that the decision to try to market Village Roadshow Theme Parks as public facing brand has seemed stupid for awhile. Even branding their ticketing as "Village Roadshow One/Mega/Super Pass".

Whilst I agree that the mis information these groups are spreading can be potentially harmful I don't understanding why they are choosing to fight it so publicly at the moment. The SW facebook page just shared this 7News story, which starts with an image of the american seaworld 🙄.

The Facebook share was an odd move I will say. 
But I think taking a swipe back at them lumping our park in with all the dodgy ones is fair game. Even the idiot on the story suggested the billboards were fine because the photo was from our park. Yet the message was totally suggestive and false. 

As for calling a guy a clown ‘just cause’, well that’s foolish. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Skeeta said:

Promoting Village Roadshow Theme Parks is a clown move

Same goes for having a campaign that is all about having a campaign.

VRTP are transparently emulating the Thredbo ads you see at Event cinemas but fall flat along the way — turns out you can’t fake heart. Dreamworld meanwhile realise they can’t focus on substantive in-park experiences because they’ve removed most of them, so they’re going all gimmicks and as a result not actually saying anything at all.

It’s all a bit self-congratulatory and on the nose from both companies. 

Here’s one I prepared earlier. Mostly still applies for both brands.

https://www.parkz.com.au/article/2017/04/27/487-VRTP_needs_to_fundamentally_rethink_their_message_and_marketing.html

• Like 4

9 hours ago, AlexB said:

I won't critique the suit - a park executive should be dressed appropriately, especially when fronting the media. The glasses I will agree with - when you're spruiking a sincere message, you need to let people see your eyes.

Too many similarities with Salim Mehajer, too insincere.

Respectfully disagree with the suit. Yes he’s a theme park exec, but the his message would have a greater impact if he showed he was a normal person wearing normal or less formal clothing.

The glasses is a big one as well, he comes across as too cool for school, or dare I say it the Mob leader working against the dolphins.

Just found this interesting video on Youtube of 25 slides from around the world. There are some excellent visuals here and they are mostly of slides that I have never heard of. Look for a local slide to make the cut , which is great for Australia and the park in question!! 

Any way enjoy!

• Like 1

I dunno how I failed to notice this until today, but the Big 4 on the other side of the M1 to Movie World have put in a Polin water play structure bigger than the one in WnW Jr. it was already pumping water, so its off they wont open till February.

https://goldcoastholidaypark.com.au/gold-coast-park-facilities/water-park/

Water-Park-Opening-Website.jpg

Image result for big 4 holiday park water park gold coast

38 minutes ago, Gazza said:

I dunno how I failed to notice this until today, but the Big 4 on the other side of the M1 to Movie World have put in a Polin water play structure bigger than the one in WnW Jr. it was already pumping water, so its off they wont open till February.

https://goldcoastholidaypark.com.au/gold-coast-park-facilities/water-park/

They removed my tennis courts to build this.  😪  Now what am I to do on a Friday night.

Whilst it looks unique and would be drawcard attraction, I can’t see regulations here allowing 3 slides to be in the “wheel” at the same time. They won’t even let the next slide leave on a long course slide like mammoth falls  until guest are out of the pool below 

3 hours ago, pin142 said:

The slide was tested in Germany so it may be safe to say that is DC Rivals and possibly Dancing Oscar in the background.

It was built and assembled at the Gerslaur factory not Mack factory. I believe the Blue coaster is Hang Time. Not sure about the other.

Has an interesting ride on SDSC 2.0 on Wednesday night at fright nights. We arrived just prior to park closure (about 4:30) so headed straight in to have a ride on scooby as I knew the line would be ridiculous once White xmas began. 

We boarded pretty much bang on 5pm, the majority of the projection work in the lead up to the Elevator wasn’t working (not surprising based on previous rides), elevator screens worked, however once we exited the turntable room after the backwards drop - there was zero, and I mean Zero lighting. Now I’m used to the lasers being gone etc, but the track usually still has some illumination, but there nothing. It actually made it pretty fun as you couldn’t see anything that was coming at all, bit scary for my 7 year old. It was so dark you easily see the elevator bringing the next cars up as it was the only light in the room. Super strange, but enjoyable in weird way 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

It was built and assembled at the Gerslaur factory not Mack factory. I believe the Blue coaster is Hang Time. Not sure about the other.

If it's purple track, it might be Adrenaline Peak (small eurofighter at tiny park in America that has purple track):

https://rcdb.com/15410.htm

Locked this thread in the interest of stopping epics. 

If you have a random comment to make about something that ISNT in our major parks then post it in Off Topic. 
If it’s likely to get even one reply, start a new thread please. 

• Like 1