Do you think they will close batman adventure the ride 2 soon

Guest batman

Guest batman

Do you think they will close batman adventure the ride soon? i have a feeling that they just might, they dont adventise it anymore, nobody rides it much anymore, what do you think. personally i think its an amazing ride :rolleyes:

^ Personally I don't think the Batman ride is going anywhere any time soon. In it's current incarnation I guess there is a possibility for it to be one day updated with a new storyline and new film but there are no plans for that right now. You would be suprised at how popular it still is: in the morning on quieter days it operates with 3 - 4 motion bases and then down to 2 in the afternoon. It can run up to 6, taking a max group of 120 every 5 minutes or so. I spent a bit of time in the Tower control room during my ride supervisor days at the Park and oversaw over 1000 riders per hour during busy times. Typically nowadays almost 1000 people will have ridden by lunch time. Come the end of the day, almost the whole park of guests have been on. It's still a popular ride and a good mid range attraction for families. I would just like to see them spend some bucks on it and update the whole thing with new technology, a new film and additional FX. By the time they get around to it I think it will be long overdue

Well, they don't advertise Wild West Falls anymore... nor do they advertise lethal weapon any more... I haven't seen superman advertised in a while except for Rove, and Scooby hasn't been advertised in a while - Maybe they should close all the rides except for Batwing, since thats the last one I saw advertised? Better yet, let's close every ride that has a good capacity, a good demographic basis (almost everyone can ride it) and can be ridden even when the weather is bad - how many rides does that leave us?

Sometimes Batman is "late" arriving in the cave. He pops up after he starts talking! They often have the most boring operators at the start - hardly a good introduction to the ride. (Some are good though.) I think this is a ride where the novelty wears out fairly quickly. Add to this the fact that today's technology could come up with something heaps better, the ride soon loses its attraction. Perhaps it's time to look for something new or to revamp the ride with new technology.

I don't think they will close it any time soon, cos they are currently advertising it on the "my fun" website with the release of the new batman movie. I would like to see it updated though with new storyline and ride moves and movie. It's one of my favourites cos I like to "get lost" in the fantasy. :P If you're a mum like me of kids that watch cartoon network and nickelodeon you'll know they do heaps of advertising for the superman ride and movieworld in general. They're currently bashing the scooby doo ride cos there's a competition on to win a trip to the gold coast. These rides will always be popular with the kids, especially mine!! :lol: lisa

• 2 weeks later...

i would like to see batman be turned into a soarin' over California style ride, this would have the same capacity but also add new experiences to the ride e.g.: legs dangling, indistinct smells, and the actually interior of the warehouse holding the ride can look like a cave with a giant "fake" cargo door projected on the screen till the ride starts!

• 2 months later...

Just wondering if any movieworld staff on the board have heard similar things as to what i have lately, but iv been told there is a fair chance we will be seeing a updated batman adventure ride next year to fit with today's batman film's. I know it was the talk earlier in the year then discussion of the matter was dropped. Does anyone think there could be a likely chance and has anyone else heard similar things?

That may be what was meant when i heard it was getting update/revamped. But that will make the attraction better than it is though. All the tiny things add up and if they get in and fix the tiny things it can make a ride so much better. I really think they need to have a hard look at scooby doo on Sunday i heard a few guests complain because the effects weren't up to standards like they used to be in other words so on Monday i checked it out for my self and none of the lights in the room before the last drop were on it was dark and the music in the main room it sounded as if someone had put sheets of wood over the speakers. They may be updateing aspects of the park aka adding roof's everywhere but they need to have a hard look at there attraction's because almost all fall at some stage and i think scooby is on its way. Who knows most guests favourite superman may end up being next.

Personally I'd like it if they re jigged a few aspects of it. For starters move the queue into the library to make it a true all weather ride, but then make the actual preshow room in that area you just walk through on the way to the bat cave (appropriately rethemed...maybe more like a side wing of the library) Obviously upgrade the screens and graphics in the batcave, and of course update the ride film. The biggest sore point for me though is the way the facade looks, with its painted on vines and shutters. Get a proper grey coloured one built on top more to the standard of the one at Parque Warner: http://www.rides.nl/attractie/info/batman-knight-flight#2220 That said, my fingers are crossed for MW to be doing there next big ride next year. I'd be saving these sorts of changes for an 'in between' year. (On a side note, is there a Dark Knight sequel coming up they could tie in with?)

Edited by Gazza

• 4 weeks later...
Rumour is it'll go to Sea World as a re-themed ride. Most likely replacing Planet SOS. There's talk that they want to knock down the 3d cinema. I can't see it happening 'cause the cost of re-engineering a building of this size, then moving it acros the coast, then re-building it would cost more than building a new ride from scratch. But what do I know - I'm only a humble engineer!
Well if they do remove it then that would make the Batman area of the park really small with one ride and one shop. Maybe they will use the area and some across the lake to make a Batman themed B&M flyer, I wish :lol: They would have to replace it with something though, even if it was a flat ride or a less extravagant rollercoaster but then the ride/attraction count stays the same.

I'd just like to add that the Batman Adventure ride isn't going anywhere soon no re in the near future this discussion has been brought up before between MW management and op's as said above the current plan is to give the ride a full tech refurbishment bring the rides technology into this day and age for example the replacement of all the monitors in the Bat cave, Batman is also going to be due for a major makeover. The reason why it ain't going anywhere is it still has major potential it is very much like PASS it was a wise move having a show based around a film that still had a long way to go with more and more films keeping the show in its prime element thus it was a huge hit and a very well known franchise in its time, Batman is the same it may have had a quite period from say 2000 - till when the Batman begins movie came out but the new films are coming keeping it relevant. By the end of next year if there is talk of a next Batman Movie which i'm sure iv heard talk of one we will see a updated ride and film to be there alongside the new movie. And It ain't going to Sea world i can assure you of that one.

• 7 months later...

They should shut it down in its current form, it is a disgrace to the Batman Adventure: The Ride 1.0! That used to be the most fun you could have with your pants on back in the day. The atmosphere was great and the simulator was insanely violent, more fun than the roller coasters with no headache! (Especially if you clipped your seat belt up under your ass and didn't hold on to the handles under the seats! good times!) Also the actual live action movies made it more realistic...now it is just really bad 3D videos telling an even worse storyline in the library instead of a good actor. Followed by a slow depressing simulator after sitting in an old worn out bat cave that really needs the fog turned back on to hide the floor and the bad batman robot better like when it first came out. It used to feel like you were part of it all even though Alfred's nephew really had no idea how to control the damn thing, god bless him giving us sharp corners and lots of collisions!

Batman is a great 'family' ride. It's a ride that my whole family can enjoy together, which isn't available with every attraction there. Sure it could use a spruce up, but most kids can't see anything wrong with the ride at all. I think we should remember that Movie World is a 'family' park and to rip it down for another extreme attraction would be wrong. My idea is to keep Batman, and spend some cash on another ride for the more experienced attendee.

• 4 months later...

I like the ride actually. But to improve it: 1. much bigger TV screen in the library 2. better acting from the staff on microphone in the library instead of some Gen Y punk just going through the motions in an almost sarcastic manner (in fact I would prefer an old guy playing Alfred) 3. it is obvious where the "secret" library door is going to open up at because there is a red rope there instead of the gold railing, suggest putting a gold railing there to make people guess more and that part of railing can just lift up and fold back 4. the mechanical Batman in the lamest part! Firstly you can see Batman's ears wiggling before he pops up and then when he does there is just really lame jerky movements... very C64 5. funk up the batcave a bit... smoke, cold air, water, bats flying around, bats eyes in red, something, get creative