Scooby Doo Lately

rappa

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad to hear it's running well again. I remember riding Scooby for the first time back in March and having a blast. The last room was a real rush with smooth yet pacey turns, intense drops and a consistant speed. However I went back about a month ago and whilst we were waiting in line the ride suddenly shut down and everyone was evacuated. It was up and running again about an hour later, and we finally got to ride, but the last room was really patchy. The drops were still great but when not dropping the trains were really slow, almost creeping along and at one point came to a complete stop (right after a drop might I add, that hurt). Must have had some issues and slowed it down for safety reasons. Still a great ride though. Can't wait to go back. :)

• 7 months later...

I went to MW yesterday and the Scooby Doo had some smoke again! Yessssss! It wasn't as much as before but it made it a little better (because since they changed the lights or whatever, Scooby Doo has been pretty boring, you can see everything, and they changed the dips I think? It's not as fast and scary and stuff). So yeah it improved a bit now :D

Edited by Gazza

• 2 months later...

Scooby today - -I dont recall seeing the spider on the roof before the photo -Lift sounds like it needs so maintenance -Green cone laser working (wasnt last time I was there) -Light, very light smoke if any -Might just be my memory messing with me but it seemed brighter in there -Lights in the last room were all working, even scooby was fixed and it looked like they had finally hidden the speaker -Red laser on final drop working. Overall 7/10 satisfaction. Just needed more smoke, which I guess would have made it seem darker Also HWSD - they seem to be getting faster at doing the stunts so there's more smoke and action. I still really enjoy the show each time I see it, but maybe that's because I love the Evo's And since it doesn't need it's own thread, have a listen to the sound of the chain lift on lethal today. sounds a lot worse than the video shows too.

Edited by reanimated35

Scooby is so hit and miss. You can have a great ride in the morning and a poor ride in the afternoon and vice versa. I may check it out tomorrow. Last week I had a ride where everything was working, everything.
When I was there earlier this month... one day I went they had a problem with the lap-bars.. they weren't locking was opened one minute, closed the next for 5 mins then reopened again. They sent some carts through empty then started letting people back on... later that day it happened again to 2 carts, however the next 2 were fine and let them on. Does that happen often?

They sent some carts through empty then started letting people back on... later that day it happened again to 2 carts, however the next 2 were fine and let them on. Does that happen often?
I saw that earlier this month also. Perhaps a regular thing or perhaps we were both in the station at the same time!

I was wondering two things. 1. Last time I went on the ride I noticed a hole in the room of the large room with the backwards drop and all the lasers. 2. Is it common for the fire alarm to go off in there as I have heard several stories about it going off as well as one time I was there it went off at the end of the day as I was leaving the arcade to exit the park. Then as I exited the park the Fire brigade arrived.

Actually, fires are common in Scooby doo. Thats why every coaster car is fitted with infra red fire detectors in the eyes of the front of the car. They also have their own motive power, that can reverse riders out of danger if a fire is detected ahead of them - even back uphill! *long term members will recognise this as a joke, poking fun at member "Adam". New members may disregard this entire post.

Edited by AlexB

Actually, fires are common in Scooby doo. Thats why every coaster car is fitted with infra red fire detectors in the eyes of the front of the car. They also have their own motive power, that can reverse riders out of danger if a fire is detected ahead of them - even back uphill! *long term members will recognise this as a joke, poking fun at member "Adam". New members may disregard this entire post.
Don't forget about the roof opening as well :P

The room of the large room? Room in a room? :wacko:
Sorry I meant the main room of the ride I was very tired. Also I am guessing it was a hole in the wall in on of the corners. All I could see was one spot where the sun was getting through. So I was guessing it was the sun and not a light. You could basicly see everything in the room compared to when I was on it before it was a lot darker.