Scooby Doo Lately

rappa

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sonic123488 i think you will find if you read the post's properly jayw is referring to the music on scooby as we have been talking about lately. Plus i would like to add a well done to Ryan and the crew from repeat offender who played on the 3 nights great job guys (Ryan is a entertainer at Movie World well known for being a very good Austin) I don't know about anyone else but i hadn't heard them play before but iv been told about them, but they were really good and it created a great atmosphere on the night. Anyway back on topic. ok im disgard the first part of the post as two people already beat me to it and i didnt realise there was a third page. sorry.

They could quite easily get it all done. If they brought in contractors for the lighting at the same time as they brought in the service techs for the ride, there wouldn't be a time issue. Especially if they each worked at opposite ends of the ride - service techs working on station and "castle" section, while the light tech's are in the main room working on the lasers/fog, then swap half way thru the week.

Scooby was closed today. post-2478-1226028723_thumb.jpg This however was not the only attraction down today... Superman for most of the day... post-2478-1226028786_thumb.jpg Marvin Martian Rocket has been down since they started construction on HSD, which is a bit of a shame cos you got a great view of the back of PASS from it... post-2478-1226029212_thumb.jpg Take 1 shop is down for refurbishment... post-2478-1226028871_thumb.jpg The shops on Main Street at 11:15am... post-2478-1226028984_thumb.jpg post-2478-1226029060_thumb.jpg post-2478-1226029471_thumb.jpg post-2478-1226029545_thumb.jpg post-2478-1226029608_thumb.jpg The Lethal Weapon store... post-2478-1226029320_thumb.jpg post-2478-1226029400_thumb.jpg The lounge area in the Dirty Harry bar... post-2478-1226029692_thumb.jpg Sorry about the reflection. post-2478-1226029750_thumb.jpg The staff were complaining when I walked in about not having any aircon lol. A really disappointing day for people who actually paid to go in.

Edited by Wyncenuros

I would just like to add that both the take 1 shop and the superman shop on main street are closed all day every day till peak time and if those wanting something from the superman shop are referred to the superman escape photo shop. As for the Marvin the martin rocket it is very much the same case as the Eureka Mountain Mine Ride (but we know why it is down now but didn't for a while) no one knows why the attraction is still down even maintenance is unsure of the actual reason as to why the attraction isn't going it did work back about a month ago but stopped again the entire ride has been pulled to bits and has been look inside and out but there still unsure as to why. The ride hasn't been touched or looked at for the past 3 weeks and i highly doubt it will be in the near and coming months as we may be seeing a replacement attraction.

In fairness, 15 minutes after the previous photographs were taken, with the exception of Take One, Daily Planet and Lethal Weapon, all of the other stores were open. They all open at 11.30am, a fact advertised in each store window. WB Boutique was the only exception to this, opening at 12.00noon.

Edited by axltk421

Chrisdeaves, I know what you are saying about the situation. It's the same boat that Eureka is / was in. I was just making a little joke. And I wouldn't expect you guys to run a ride if it wasn't unsafe. That would be just stupid if you ask me. Please keep us updated on the situation though if your in the position to. Maybe we should start another thread to discuss this though.

Indeed. I sussed it out today and it appears many of the issues have been adressed. There is smoke/haze/whatever on all through the room (I thought it smelled like acrylic art paint) and there were lasers on all levels. I'm not sure if they are the same ones, because they were these ones that were doing beams in the 6 colours of the visible spectrum. After the turntable that vortex laser is working, and it does this thing where it makes a cone around the car, and then the side of the cone opens up when you go around the bend after the turntable. There is a new bit of theming too. That giant spider from Halloween is hanging by the track. It is located by the turn after the big foward facing drop. As for the final room, well there is a light on Scooby, and his lips are moving again, but no sound was coming out, so it just made it look like Scooby was quivering. Guess it's a bit of a blooper, and hopefully they will notice that sound bite is missing (Or DjRappa will pass it on). There still is inadequate smoke in that room though, because the red laser doesn't really hide the drop. But yeah, good to see the ride back to its old self.

How about the ride before the elevator? Last time I rode it they had seem to add lights in there and it was really bright, the animatronics were out of time and when you raced towards the mirror you could see the car and all passengers instead of just seeing the red eyes as you headed towards it. It was really disappointing.

In the pre-lift section, there's a coffin laying on the left side of the track now, just before you go around a turn (I forget which one), and there's also spiders up on the wall on your right. The light that shines on scooby near the mirror before the lift needs to be moved - when I went yesterday it was shining at the bottom of him, and you couldn't see his head. The final room seemed much better, the new laser does a great job, but there didn't seem to be much smoke in there yesterday. I like the spider that's hanging near the sweeping turn, and how you don't even see it til you get there. The jungle room was really bright yesterday, you could see the track, there was no smoke at the drop, but the laser was still turned on. Other than that, it all seems great. Was wondering though, what the point in the bumper section in the load station is? It starts at the stairs on the operators side and extends to the point where the car waits while the one in front starts the pre-lift.

I'm guessing the highly themed 'bumper' is a OH&S measure to protect the operators, likely there have been a lot of incidents of them being hit by cars if this has been put in place?? There is so much light in the last room because the gel colours have been burnt through so the lights are now white instead of dark blue... Good to see the smoke was happening in the main room :) How good to the new lasers and all the clean mirrors look!