Scooby Doo Lately

rappa

Derwan hopefully, well we didn't hope enough because all this week there were barely any smoke and i don't think there was any hazers on at all same for today anyone who went to the park by chance would have realise that there was no fog in sight and the last drop had no fog either. As for the new laser on the opposite end of the building it is bloody brilliant very good programing with some great effects that would look excellent with some fog.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went again yesterday. Light on Scooby before the lift has been adjusted to shine on his face. (Hoorah!) The sound on the last Scooby was working - BUT - the light on him wasn't! D'oh! There was some fog - which was great to see. Just enough to see the lasers through the room and not just on the walls.

• 4 months later...

went on it about 3 times today (i think? it may have been 2?) anyway, the light on scooby at the end of the ride points to his chest and his face is still unlit. while the smoke was enough to see the lasers slightly, it would have been so much better with a lot more smoke. also, when i went on it the first time a few weeks ago, the lap restraint locked down further at the bottom of the backwards drop. today, it did not. getting slightly airborne in your seat is certainly an interesting feeling. the empty seat beside me however locked down so much it was touching the seat. and the 2nd time i went on today, the restraint didnt lock again either, but my friends did.....on that last drop just before you get back to the station.

When I rode it yesterday... I was VERY disapointed after waiting 60 minutes for my ride. There was no smoke, the music was that quite I could not even hear it, and the lasers were "Mehtastic" to say the least. And in the last room, there was no light whatsoever. Come on Movie World, pick up your game. You have shown that you can give rides the TLC they deserve with the Corkscrew and Jet Streams. It's time to make this ride the World Class ride it deserves. I have almost given up faith in Movie World, the last 3 times I have been there my visit has left alot to be desired. I know the park is more than capable of living up to it's name, but they have let it slide.

What i find frustrating about this is the fact parks management are always on the forums and always read what we have to say and i know that for a fact. There has been countless times were i have been asked about things said on the forums not just by myself but others who are in no way involved with WVTP. They know about the issues and they are discussed very regularly plus those who read the posts on the site are always behind you guys and putting out our points but it always come to cost lately and the laziness of the parks as mentioned i have heard the age old line over and over again "its our none regulars who don't realize these cost cutting moves" and they think this is what the rides are usually like and are happy with it. As much as im all behind WVTP there turning a blind eye to things and since the start of the year i have been very disappointment in senior management plus i think one reason was the dismissal of the 10-15 or so supervisor / management members at the end of last year i know some of them were great contributes to the park/s and one was a close friend of mine and he did a great job on a daily basis for the shows and entertainment department and since him leaving in that area in general i have seen a fall in overall performance. All i can say is i think Dreamworld is on there way to being Australia's leader again.

Edited by klassen24

I agree with EVERYTHING that Klassen and many other people have said about WVTP and Dreamworld lately. Dreamworld seems to have been improving in leaps and bounds under the new management, but what is Movie World doing? Letting things slip once again. They did this around 2004 when they had all the strikes and the rides running rotationally. With the way they are acting down there, It would not surprise me to see that again. However one thing that ALL the parks are seeming to strive in right now is Staff friendliness and cleanliness within the park. I remember 2 - 3 years ago Dreamworld's staff were the most rude people I had ever come across. WVTP recently had a dark period in that department from my own experience. But now across the board it seems to be fixed. So to any staff that are reading here, while the rides may be a bit on the worn down side. You can and have been making a big difference to the park overall!

This is really pathetic. Scooby Doo is one of the best rides in Australia - it has a great reputation here and internationally too - and they are letting this happen. Management might think these are small problems but the overall result is a seriously diminished ride experience. Movie World should be doing everything it can to maintain its high quality theming. Afterall that is the main reason people love the park so much. My concern is that is just not a priority for them anymore. You just have to look at Batwing Spaceshot to realise this ie. good ride but virtually non existant theming

How hard is it for them to turn on a dvd player and put the thing on repeat. :l I Went last week and i noticed alot of things with the ride. - In Room one before the lift i noticed that lights have been turned up. Was it always like that or is it just me. It wasn't "Scary" at all, You could see the tracks in areas where it was ment to be dark. - Lift was fine - Wow The main room was just nothing lol. No smoke Whatsoever only 2 lasers where on and the music was muffled. I swear they have put wood or something over the speakers. Its practically un hearable. - Nice addition was the spider on the bend, i actually jumped because i never saw it before ahaha. It felt like it was really close. And it was not noticeable from anywhere else. - The final room was probably the baddest. No Smoke, No Laser, Scooby was working with sound but no light on him at all. And the gels to colour the room green are all burnt out. The people who were sitting behind me said they loved the ride and all. (Tourists) I said, "You should have seen it a few years ago, it was kooler with all the effects" From my perspective they cared more about the twists and turns rather then the effects of the ride. Because there weren't any. hehe It was a long wait too, they had the spill out line open and that was full after we left the ride. We only got one ride (N) Not wanting to go down harsh of MW but i think the ride needs alot of addressing, effects-wise that is.

i did notice too the whole ride seemed brighter as i could see more of the track than usual lol, i think one of the staff recognised me the other day. i have been to movieworld about 5 times in the past month and a half and the guy doing the unloading of scooby was the same guy i had seen each time working in shrek4d.

How hard is it for them to turn on a dvd player and put the thing on repeat. :l
I went to MW on Sunday it was working, what about today? A few thoughts from when I rode, The mechanical Scooby just before the lift had the light on and mouth moving. The Disco room had no visible smoke which left the track very visible. The lasers were good but would have been better with fog. They had a new laser I had not seen before that sort of traced over the hairpins and then waved across the room. As previously mentioned the spider is really well done and is welcome addition. The last room had lights on Scooby but he wasn't working, which looks really bad when you can hear the talking but he is motionless. The laser on the final drop wasn't working and was just a red light, though some really small bits were lit up on the spooky arch. On the left hand side of the arch on the floor I noticed what I think was a temporary smoke machine. It was a large rectangular, plastic bottle filled with liquid and from the lid area ran a small tube which fed into something else. Anyway there was only a small wisp of smoke coming from the rig which did nothing except leave a sort of sweet choking smell in the room and the brake run. Edited by cadboy

Was at the park today and it was still pretty hectic, people everywhere ( Really do feel sorry for the lady that dropped the rope outside the HWSD entrance when the park opened, everyone waiting was just so rude and nearly knocked the poor lady over!) the line for Scooby was about 60-70mins and it was pretty much the same as previous people have said (no fog etc.) The ride just needs a good overhaul, I would really love to see good and WORKING animatronics.

Didn't it just come out of a recent effects overhaul? When I went in Feb, the effects were the best I have ever experienced on the ride, smoke (and plenty of it) in the main room, awesome laser effects, and awesome lighting of the Spider. The last room was inconsistant though, the lighting in the room was ok, scooby's mouth moved, you could see his face, but that awesome smoke and laser on the last drop was on sometimes, off the other times. The sound in the main room also sucked badly. It's clear the rides effects are there, it's just the inconsistant operation of those said effects. To me, it seems as though they are playing with effects, to see what they can cut down on, without the guest noticing (simply because they don't know what to expect in the first place). But these days, it seems just like it's something WVTP's have been doing a lot of, and that's cutting back in lots of key area's of the park to "lessen" the guest experience. Can't say I approve, but then I can't speak about the companies financial position.

I am yet to experience it anywhere near as good as my first ride on it in 2003. Since then it has had at least one thing wrong each visit. The final drop effect now is nowhere near as good as then when there was a green tunnel hiding the drop completely. Couple of things from Saturday. Fog in general is lacking. There was the smell from it after the final drop but there was no visible sign of it. In general there was way too much lighting for a "dark ride". It just seemed brighter on the ride than usual. Sound in the "laser room" was appauling. It was muffled, seemed louder on one side and was quiet in general. You can hardly hear it at Lethal Weapon walking past the building. It would be nice to see the ride back to how it was the first time I went on it.

I rode Scooby twice on Saturday. No smoke at all, the final laser wasn't on, several other lights were out, but worst of all there was no music at all in the big main room... what a shame. It really isn't half as good when there is so many things that need fixing. Wild wild west on the other hand is in tip top shape... all effects going and they've added a fine mist spray just after the reverse drop where the water spouts shoot up.

No smoke at all, the final laser wasn't on, several other lights were out, but worst of all there was no music at all in the big main room
That sucks. When I rode it in 2004 it was the most amazing ride experience. But if they plan to keep it this way with no music, less mist and lighting effects its going to become boring. Am I right saying the track is very basic? I think it is the effects that make the ride so good. Wondercam Edited by wondercam