The Mummy Live - Dreamworld

T-bone

Hey Guys. Whilst searching the employment section of the Dreamworld website, I saw a position was open for entertainers/ cast members for an upcomming "The Mummy: Live" walkthrough attraction, created by Sudden Impact! From the sound of the advertisment, it looks as though it's going to be much like Nightmares, hopefully better themed though. The advert also states that applicants must be ready to start on Friday 29th of August. The advert is located here - http://themeparksgoldcoast.com.au/files/pdf/employ_mummy.pdf So, with that out in the open, does anyone know where it possibly could be going? Anyone seen any construction/ deconstruction during their visits to the park in recent times?

Wont it be on the same site as 'NIghtmares'?? The Mummy Live is a strange choice? Just on aside from this - 'Prison Break Live - the riot' will be happening at the Adelaide Show. They have been advertising during Prison Break here in SA. They are claiming it is much better than last year. Aren't they the same attraction crew? While I didn't do the attraction at the Show last year, I did do it at Sydney's Luna Park earlier this year - really don't know how much more you can do with a 'walk-through'? B

Hey Guys. Whilst searching the employment section of the Dreamworld website, I saw a position was open for entertainers/ cast members for an upcomming "The Mummy: Live" walkthrough attraction, created by Sudden Impact! From the sound of the advertisment, it looks as though it's going to be much like Nightmares, hopefully better themed though. The advert also states that applicants must be ready to start on Friday 29th of August. The advert is located here - http://themeparksgoldcoast.com.au/files/pdf/employ_mummy.pdf So, with that out in the open, does anyone know where it possibly could be going? Anyone seen any construction/ deconstruction during their visits to the park in recent times?

I have a feeling this is going to be just like Tomb Raider Live at LPM Melbourne but with a different name ..
Remember Tomb Raider Live was at Dreamworld A few years ago, I think they would be looking for something a little different. And yeh, im pretty sure its meant to tie in with the time of the movie launch. I really like sudden impacts work and personally im really looking forward to it.

• 1 month later...
Anyone know how long it is staying at DW for?
The NRMA Website is stating that the Mummy is scheduled to close just after the January 2009 School Holidays, but that is what happened with Nightmares, so this could be the same situation, no one really knows. Also, I noticed that in the Dreamworld ticketing, they are now offering the Early Entry offer to non NRMA/ RACQ/ RACV members, all it costs is an extra 10 dollars for the early entry ontop of your normal ticket. What are everyone elses thoughts on this?

I think it's just another way of them trying to get some more money. Anyone who would pay $10 to get in the park earlier would be downright stupid. When I booked my tickets through NRMA in '06 and went with my family, we did the early entry and got on one ride, cyclone. Every other ride was closed apart from the rides in Nick Central. I have heard from many other members on the site that this is still the case, at least I think a few more rides are open.

^ It's not like it's Six Flags and there are about 8+ coasters to cover either. But for those who want some extra time up their sleeve and not rush around quite as much, it's a good option for getting one or two things out of the way I think. Sure it's a moneyspinner but I can see the logic behind it for the GP. Looking forward to the new walkthrough ... hopefully it's not just thrown together.

I have done the early entry twice, both in school holidays, and both times managed to get 3 rides in total each time. (Thats 3 different rides). Last time went straight for mdmc, got stuck on it after first ride, waited 10 mins for sup and mechanic to arrive and reset. Rode again, got stuck again. Quater to ten, got off ride, went to giant drop for a couple of rides, then bingo ten I clock. If the motocoaster didnt break down, I probably would have been able to do the 5 or 6 rides . 10 dollars is a little steep though just for an hour. Come on dreamworld, open the park at 900 (or certain parts) and make it part of normal admission. Our parks really need to start permanent longer operating hours.

...got on one ride, cyclone. Every other ride was closed apart from the rides in Nick Central.
My experience was quite different... I got about 3 or 4 different rides in before 10. I think that it's well worth it. You can use the time to avoid the rush at the lockers and plan your day ahead. It's also quite nice to just walk around the park when its a bit emptier in the morning. I think that you're probably a bit silly if you pay the ten dollars, when you can just get the deal at NRMA/RACQ. Then again, not everyone would be informed of this deal.

I think that you're probably a bit silly if you pay the ten dollars, when you can just get the deal at NRMA/RACQ. Then again, not everyone would be informed of this deal.
Perhaps Dreamworld is appealing to the half million people per year who visit the park, who either aren't with NRMA\RACQ, or don't live in an area covered by them, including internationals as well. People in NSW are quite often accused of it, but it would seem that QLD is just as guilty as losing sight of where the other 60% of the country (geographically speaking) is... Those that aren't in NSW or QLD.

Found out a couple more minor details today.. The attraction will have an established storyline, and therefore the storyline will play out as you make your way through the attraction. The Mummy live has 30 actors, all in elaborate and far varying costumes. The attraction will last for approximately 7 mins. It opens officially on Monday the 8th.

Also, I noticed that in the Dreamworld ticketing, they are now offering the Early Entry offer to non NRMA/ RACQ/ RACV members, all it costs is an extra 10 dollars for the early entry ontop of your normal ticket. What are everyone elses thoughts on this?
Well, as a 'VIP' option it's definitely preferable to some of the things other parks offer, such as queue jump passes, because in this case normal guests aren't disadvantaged. Of course, there would probably be less of a need for this if DW ran their rides more efficiently blah blah blah, but that's not gonna change is it? I personally wouldn't get one, since it is easy enough to get the major rides done early.
I think I would find it boring. What about everyone else?
Dunno, I doubt I would find it boring.....It's not as if I would stop halfway and start reading a book or listening to my ipod out of boredom. Walkthroughs are pretty fun, the Horror one at USH was quite good, but that one was multi level, with elaborate theming.

What about everyone else?
Yer, I'm actually looking forward to this. It sounds heaps better than Prison Break Live, and i thought that was pretty scary for a walkthrough attraction. I think if it's actually gonna have a storyline to it, it's gonna be pretty good. It will probs be a 'ride once' thing though. After the first time you'll always know where the scare spots are, so what's the point?? :rolleyes: I'm heading up to DW on the 14th of sept, or around then. I'll take some pics while i'm there. And yer to sum it up, I'm actually looking forward to this attraction !! :D Edited by CoAsTeR TeeN