Theme park video/s

jjuttp

Hey everyone i am hoping to make a video of australian theme parks using as many images and videos as to what i can find. So if anyone has any images (new and/or old that they would like in this video please post them here or just spam up my inbox for the fun of it (i know that i like to)) i will give you about a week till i also start to go through out the website to look for images Surfing will commence on the Olimpic ceremony Oh yeah bty if you have any music that i would like to put in tell me and i will then listen to it. (im a sucker for the 80s) R.I.P. all defunct parks :(:o:P:lol:

Edited by jjuttp

wow that surfing comment really came out at random now didn't it? I would certainly hope that you are intending on paying royalties for any photos you take of the galleries of this site. The photos are provided for viewing purposes on the Parkz.com.au gallery only by Parkz staff, and member contributions. The copyright remains held by the photographer, and the use of another persons copyrighted works without payment of royalty or usage fee would constitute a copyright infringement that would most certainly hold up in Australian copyright law. As a photographer, I am aggressively protective of my work which is one reason why very few of my photos grace this site - not because i do not wish to share them with the other members - but simply because every man and his Windows movie maker would rip them off for their own fame and fortune. TO keep in line with the spirit of your posts, including entirely random garbage in the middle of the post for no reason - (see "surfing" above) i'd like to take a moment in the middle of the post to share the following: we're woolworths, the fresh food people. Beijing 08 08 08, Everybody celebrate, Mickey's diamond jubilee When you wish upon a star... ...for whats in the box with the dots... Now let me ask what kind of theme this video will have? Flea used to do awesome montages of one or two rides, or overall clips of certain parks. Your proposal seems to be a matter of "anything theme park related" done to a backing of what would seem to be dusty relics from the 80's, one can only presume appearances by Cindi Lauper, Europe, Dave Dobbyn (w. Herbs) and Marky Mark (and the funky bunch)... Sounds like a boredom project to me, and one that doesn't really seem worthwhile the effort, let alone the contributions.

Lets take a quick case study:

• You could purchase the photo used for the article on MDMC opening from the Courier Mail, for just $73 (Quoted price for most photos)

• There are more than 1000 photos on this site, so that equates to <$73000.

• Parkz is an independent source for theme park news, photos and more. All content copyright ©2002-2008 Parkz and its respective copyright holder. Any unauthorised use of Parkz content is expressly prohibited.
  • Assumably you will then upload this to Youtube/Dailymotion this is also illegal, and copyrighted material can be removed at anytime, so i wouldnt post a link on here. Ever.
  • Olimpic. Fail.

Lets take a quick case study:
  • You could purchase the photo used for the article on MDMC opening from the Courier Mail, for just $73 (Quoted price for most photos)

• There are more than 1000 photos on this site, so that equates to <$73000.

• Parkz is an independent source for theme park news, photos and more. All content copyright ©2002-2008 Parkz and its respective copyright holder. Any unauthorised use of Parkz content is expressly prohibited.
  • Assumably you will then upload this to Youtube/Dailymotion this is also illegal, and copyrighted material can be removed at anytime, so i wouldnt post a link on here. Ever.
  • Olimpic. Fail.

I think you summed it up perfectly DonjaiInLA, Just on the copyright thing is it legal to use the images of google for a movie? Welcome back to the forums jjuttp :rolleyes: Oh and Where did that surfing comment come from? Edited by cadboy

Images of google could mean two things;

1. Google Images? All photos are owned by there respective owners no matter what, you would have to look at the individual copyright conditions, but almost all photo sharing sites like Flikr have clauses which allow credited use of images, as all images are uploaded at owners risk. Picassa (owned by google) are copyrighted and may not be used without permission.
  2. Google Maps/Earth? The images/files used in both are copyright, but Google allows use of them on a commercial and personal use for free, as long as you do not cut out the Copyright Google/NASA or related co-branding.
I assume jjuttp meant surfing the web for images of parks, and by Olimpics he meant a minor sporting event help between Candaian public schools every year in September.