• Cyclone
    • Demon
    • Cyclone
    • Dreamworld
    • Movieworld
    • Seaworld
    • Wonderland
    • Wet n Wild

So which park do you think will be the one to wow us all with a major announcement? Will it be Dreamworld announcing that construction of the world's first 300ft inverted will start in June? Will it be Seaworld coming out with a fly swatter built above Shark Bay? Could it possibly be Wonderland with the news we have all been frothing at the mouth to hear? I think you all get the idea :)

Hard to go pass Dreamworld. They've more or less confirmed new attractions are on the way to replace the rust pile which was once known as Thunderbolt. I doubt Wonderland will get a new attraction ever, Seaworld's next ride has been confirmed as "years" away, and with Warner Village spending up big on Shark Bay, The Outback Show and Paradise Country, I suspect the money may be a bit too tight to buy something big for Movieworld.

Talking to people as high up as Rob Buchanan (manager of operations), Dreamworld is reering up that wow factor again. And seeming Maqcaurie Leisure (bless them all...) has got one BIG BIG budget to spend, as i always say, expect something big. And let's not forget how we felt when the shocked us with the first rollercoaster ever to hit that 100mph mark plus that Giant Drop, ooh yeah, all it needs is a storyline.....

I don't think there are any plans to "replace" Thunderbolt as such. Certainly not unless they plan on selling it, dismantling it and prepping the site for it's replacement within the next six months. I'd expect to see something shiny as well as a defunct, rusting Thunderbolt. This isn't cryptic "I know what they're getting and aren't telling" talk either, just something I'd see as pretty well a given. I stuck mine in for Dreamworld too, obviously. Thanks to Warner Village spending the right money at the wrong time (i.e. Paradise Country etc.), we'll certainly see them a bit quiet until they get the memo that the economic downturn is over.

Warner Village is spending around $13million on Shark Bay, and $20million on the Outback spectacular, then some more to move Paradise Country. Added with all the additions the parks have received this year (Planet SOS, Matrix and the 'All-new' Whirlpool), their looking at spending $40million in the space of 2 years, so I don't like the chances of a new thrill ride next year. Having said that, if Paradise Country and the Outback Spectacular are well received, and are the success they're expected to be, then Warner Village will have more money then they can poke a stick at. So its looking good for a new thrill ride the year after.

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderland.... hehe... :twisted: Talk was that HB or LWL was going to be used for an extension to the Wildlife Park. It's ideal really... Still have Skyrider in there ready to go aswell... The wildlife park is an ideal place to have a station for Skyrider. If HB will be used for anything, it'll be for this... "Completely bulldozed"??? It hasn't been touched. Just piles of crap building up around there. My vote goes to Thunderbolt's replacement.