Ever Stuck On The Claw?

Timmm!!

Hey guys, im a new member... Just reading about the claw and how its been down for 3 weeks just thought i might see if anyone has been stuck in the claw... Me and a friend went to dreamworld last year in October and as we went threw the ride we noticed something was up.. After the ride had finished our harnesses were stuck and we wernt able to get out so while we were there they tested it (spun us around 360 dergress and started to swing us) Just wondering if this has happened to anyone?? Thankss

I've seen it happen to the group ahead of me while I was in the queue, all it means is that the ride hasn't come to a stop in quite the right place, so the computer wont allow the floor to come up, and hence the harnesses to be subsequently unlocked. I'm sure Lotl90 could give a better explanation though on what they do about it.

Me and a friend went to dreamworld last year in October and as we went threw the ride we noticed something was up.. After the ride had finished our harnesses were stuck and we wernt able to get out so while we were there they tested it (spun us around 360 dergress and started to swing us) Just wondering if this has happened to anyone??
Well For the few months before its Annual Maintenance it was quite a regular occurance, so quite a large number of people would have experienced it. What was different throughout the ride that made you think something was wrong? Unless the ride came to a sudden stop, or stopped in less time than it usually does the ride cycle is generally unaffected. As far as Im aware, when the floors dont come up (harnesses and gate dont release etc.) its either a result of an Operator E-stop, a sensor fault, or poor alignment of the gondola over the sensors at the bottom. In all of these cases, it requires the engineers to come and correct the situation (edit:) and in most cases a supervisor to oversee. Edited by Lotl_90

I've seen it happen to the group ahead of me while I was in the queue, all it means is that the ride hasn't come to a stop in quite the right place, so the computer wont allow the floor to come up, and hence the harnesses to be subsequently unlocked.
That's exactly what happened to me a while ago. We got to sit and wait in the pouring rain for the supervisor or whoever to come and reset it! Not terribly fun, but it did make the day more interesting.

What was different throughout the ride that made you think something was wrong? Unless the ride came to a sudden stop, or stopped in less time than it usually does the ride cycle is generally unaffected.
I dont know if its normal or not but while ur swinging the big long arm thingo was like... i dont know how to explane this but you could feel it jumping like as if it was trying to stop but it couldnt type thing.. Sorry for the poor explantion :P

Not saying there wasnt something wierd happening, but if It was a genuine issue which caused a fault or something similar, or if the operator had made the decision to autostop or e-stop the ride on account of something other than a fault (loose articles or anything like that), then you would have known about it, especially an e-stop, they just look painful, id hate to be on one.

I also have had the feeling sometimes and it makes this do do noise when it reaches its full at it feels as if the whole rides lifting up. But of all the times of been on it never seen it stop and the harness not come up. Seen someone throw up on it though. Though I have been on wipeout when it broke down it started stopped stayed for 10 minutes then came back down every one hasd to get off, waited another 10minutes tested it, then started it again.

Anyway basically it brakes really quickly and you are at ground level from top height in around 4 swings... it is very intense as the ring stops spinning and yeah... after that it just requires a re-set.
An e-stop is A LOT Faster Stopping than four swings. An autostop is roughly 4 swings, its the equivalent of a normal stop. This is the most common operator stop on the claw. An e-stop is like having the ride rapidly slowed in mid air, then jerk, jerk, jerk back to its original position, meanwhile floors are locked, harnesses locked and gate locked. The e-stop on claw is only used in emergencies or where there is imminent risk of danger to guests, staff or equipment, In all other cases (like idiots with cameras on rides.. or rocks) the autostop is used.