What do you like about Wonderland Sydney?

ScReAMmachine!

In response to all the negative comments splashed out by this forum about Wonderland, i thought it was time for a change. My question is... What do u like best, or whats your favourite thing about Wonderland Sydney? It might be a ride, a show, a person working at the park. It can be something current or something old (I can hear an outcry of Beastie! coming along) Ill kickstart the discussion with my favourite parts of the park *The Magic Show *Goldrush Themeing *Snowy River Rapids Please dont use this thread as another opportunity to start a 'kick while they're down' technique for the park. Fire away............................

The majority of ride operators there are very enthusiastic. Most staff use the microphone to interact with the ride (a lot say "muhahaha" before the train/car drops). My favourite ride at Wonderland would obviously be Space Probe. Although the themeing on Space Probe has slowly rotted away (Wonderland is currently fixing that up!), the ride itself still gives a great thrill. I've ridden the ride 477 times, yet I'm still not tired of the thrill it delivers. ~Liam

I love most aspects of the park but greatly miss the Beastie and what used to be Hanna Barberra Land. I think that’s something that is sorely missed by a lot of people as most of us grew up with having it there. I remember hot summer days when extended family would all meet at *Australia’s Wonderland* and spend the entire day wandering the park. With Botany Bay first, then Goldrush for the Bush Beast – of course by this stage it was usually sweltering as Western Sydney gets in summer so everyone would do the 30 – 45 minute queue for the Snowy River. We’d probably then be all laughing at who got wet and who didn’t. Then of course bickering over where to eat lunch! (There was at one time, picnic grounds for people to bring their own food to the park.) Right after lunch it would be up to Hanna Barberra Land to ride the beastie, have ice creams, watch a kiddies show and have our pictures taken with some HB Characters. Mid afternoon would usually involve myself and my older cousins / sister leaving the adults and kiddies to go fit in as many more rides on The Bounties Revenge, The Bush Beast, Snowy River and some of the other flat rides. Rright up until closing time then we’d meet our family back at the park entrance, always late, usually soaked from the Snowy River, wishing we could stay longer and dreading getting into the hot car for the long drive home to my grandparents place! Growing up in SE Queensland, of course we had Dreamworld and Seaworld. But Australia’s Wonderland always seemed extra special and exotic. And so big! It really was a place for the whole family to spend an entire day. Rather than a big new ride at WS, I would like to see them re-create HBL with some modernisation (Marvel Comics??) so that a new generation of kids can experience it. I’m sure it would probably boost attendance figures somewhat. (OK – so I DO want to see a new big ride as well…) mb

Wonderland has some of the most beautiful landscaping of any theme park in Australia....and the theming is very consistent unlike a lot of other parks in the country. Next time you're in the park, just stand back and take a look. It really is still a beautiful park, and there is a lot of attention to detail in the way the place has been maintained...(We're talking theming here :D ) - Obviously Space Probe may be an exception to this atm

What I really love most about the park is its POTENTIAL...Wonderland really does have the potential to be a world class park. At this stage too will put my vote in for the landscaping and layout of the park. In its hey day it was wonderful with the whole Botany Bay area entrance and then with the addition of Transelvania it just got better. Do we all remember how it was when they first opened with all the stuff up in HBBL like the boats, the slides and the silly ball place! And how can we forget beastie. Goldrush never really did it for me that much but the upper part of the park I realy like. I also like the new fresh look Wonderland got when they started the 'Get out of Everydayland' promotion. The new funky colours and stuff were great. Up until they started work on the business park I also loved the enrance and drive to WL. It was nice and landscaped and all those coloured 'flags' up the long road were a nice touch... See I don't totaly hate the park :-) It just sadens me to think what it once was and what it could be!

Ok so most of us agree that we like the landscaping and layout of Wonderland. I truly think if they are not going to invest regularly in major new attractions then they definitely do need to maintain a high level of detail. I don't want to turn this post negative but while we're talking about the aesthetics of the park I thought I'd mention one area which could be improved... Goldrush. There are 3 problems in this area where the attention to detail is lacking: 1. There is a new trend in Goldrush to start using banners instead of proper signs for the main ride signs and facades. I feel this looks a little cheap as the banners fade and go mouldy very quickly. Just look at The Great Race banner... not pretty. I think each ride needs exciting signage as it adds to the atmosphere of the whole park. 2. The elevated wooden water chute which used to run all the way around the front of Broken Hill mine and then down further. It was removed for some reason with just chunks of it remaining. 3. All of the badly sealed over pot holes where I assume poles holding up awnings used to be. In the games area in between Bush Beast and River Rampage there are tons and tons of these on the ground. That's all. Apart from that keep up the good work Wonderland's park presentation team!