Movieworld Attraction 2009

S.W24

Seeing i have open my big mouth already and as suggested a new thread well here we go. In the monthly meetings at movieworld the 2009 attraction has been the hot topic and things are suppose to be kept under raps so i havn't been told any of the major details yet but will soon. Interactive park map is one of the major things being spoken about as part of the parks refurbishment along with mainstreet. The park map will be very similiar to what is at both disney and universal. It allows guest regualar updates on major rides and attraction que times. And yes from what has been spoken about also a brand new attraction for summer 2009. Its has not yet been decided weather its major??? what type of ride??? or what company???? But it looks to be a new addition to the wild west area located at the back of the park this will then add more to the area than the WWF. Does anyone else have anyhting to add to this or is anyone part of the meeting crew that can give us more info on this.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's happening to Main Street? A re-theme of a shop(s)? Touchup?
I heard it was a giant roof that went the length of mainstreet that would provide shelter from the elements, and maybe allow more theming during nighttime events. A friend of mine from WVTP told me, but I don't know if its true.

• 5 months later...

Well no new news has been posted. Can we expect a new ride in 09. I mean usually we would have heard something by now if it was anything major or even minor. What do you think, considering the current finacial crisis? I hope so, but I expect 2010 will be a big year at MW. Thoughts, Cheers,

Edited by cadboy

Im pretty sure most people are in the same boat here as things are very quiet for all WVTP attractions and parks. There hasn't been any talk of anything new well i haven't heard anything and im pretty sure no one else has either other wise like you said cadboy everyone would be talking by now. IMO due to the 44 cut staff in dec which was on the news, The cut in park hours to reduce labour and operations i can see this year being used as a opportunity to touch up the park. Fresh coat of paint here there and everywhere landscaping to be touched up on ect. Get the park maintained back to 100% something dreamworld should work on. In saying that i have a question regarding Dreamworld which i will post in a relevant thread. Back on topic i don't see much happening this year as for rumors of a interactive park maps, Batman major refurbishments tech wise and a new attraction near the show stage. I don't see any of these rumors getting close to a drawing board.

^ I think there's a chance the 2009 attraction could be a river rapids due to the fact that a dam has been proposed to be built near wwf. If the 09 attraction is rumored to be placed behind the show stage, this would place the dam next to the new attraction, meaning the proposed dam could used to store or drain the water in the upper sections of the flumes when the pumps are shut down. Any thoughts on what else the dam is to be built for?

They could fill in the side section of the WWF mountain and use that for the mountain portion of the rapids, which would save money and finally hide the ugly unthemed side of WWF. Edit: Also I don't think they'd have a problem building a water ride so close to another, look at the flume ride and bermuda which are virtually on top of each other.

Edited by Mousenator

Do rapids even need a mountain anyway though?
Well, If you take a look at Penrith Whitewater (the site of the Sydney 2000 Olympics kayak and slalom events), the start of the course is higher than the finish - the same as Snowy River Rampage. Of course, the height is nowhere near that which could be gained through a mountain, but all the better - more drops, thrills, spills... just need some darn good pumps for it... RCT3 allows the construction of very high rapids, with multiple drops. I can't think of it whether it's Magic mountain or knotts, but there is one rapid ride i recall in the states that ended with a MASSIVE drop that absolutely saturated a bridge that went over the top of it - it also featured in numerous 1980's sitcoms... and from memory, while not a "mountain" it meandered over a lot of up-and-down terrain. Theres obvious benefits - hiding the WWF side that is unthemed, providing readily accessible water supplies for both rides, as well as irrigation water in times of severe restriction (I noticed in my visits to both sea world and movie world that the standing water levels on many attractions - flume, bermuda, WWF, all were at least 12 inches lower than the "bedded in" water marks. is this an attempt at water saving, or is it just evaporation that hasn't been topped up? Rapids rides are also extremely popular in high temperatures, and would swallow a large number of guests for very little manpower (I think snowy ran on 2 staff at one stage, although it was originally planned for about 12. WWF runs on 3 staff, and look how big that is?). Construction cost is cheap, in terms of concrete channels, and for every metre length of concrete channel, you're adding time to the ride, which allows you to add more gondolas, which allows more people, which alleviates pressure on the rest of the park's attractions, particularly in hot weather.

An aqua trax coaster would be great, but i also like this idea of a rapids ride (it would have to be much more extreme than DW's) with user-operated water cannons and random water spouts etc. Another idea would be to build a high-speed indoor coaster similar to Aerosmith/Space Mountain. That would really draw the crowds!

^ Themed to AC/DC maybe :P Hehe Like I've mentioned before in the past, a shooting dark ride would be great and could have the right combination of thrills (through optional spinning etc) and broad family appeal. EDIT: ^ And the Aquatrax could be themed to Numa Numa. That would be the best ride ever! :P

Edited by Gold Coaster

Something I have wanted to see for a long time is a pandora's box ride. http://www.vekoma.com/index.php?option=com...5&Itemid=30 A spectacular addition to MW's currently small flat ride lineup. It is a dark ride and can be programmed to be a high thrill ride. Put in some mist, music and sweet lighting and you have a world first and a sensational ride.

theming & building Pandora’s Box can be endlessly varied. The total number and layout of the scenery cells is optional. The building has a core which consists of an array of cells which are arranged horizontally as well as vertically. Each cell shows an animated scene (physical and/or projected images). Each cell has an open side wall allowing the passengers to view the scene as were it a show box. Around the circumference of this central block, rails are provided on the ceiling as well as on the floor. The outer walls of the building are closed to darken the interior. Optionally sections of the outer walls, especially on the head of the building, can be equipped with glass, allowing other park visitors to see part of the ride sequence, in order to attract attention. The system is also available as a stand-alone, single unit. Please ask us for the various options.
It also has mulitple theming opportunities. See above. Edited by cadboy

Firstly there is no looney tunes show next to the batman (in saying batman i presume you mean one of the attractions) and hasn't been for years now. Would have been before Superman Escape, and secondly there is no scoobydoo stage fright themed show in the park. So either the ad was something of majorly incorrect or you were enjoying that cartoon way to much.

Edited by klassen24