Dreamworld's new attraction - December 2004

kennykoala

HI ALL, JUST A QUICK NOTE, I GOT SOME INSIDE INFO FROM A FRIEND AT DREAMWORLD..THERE NEW RIDE FOR XMAS 2004...WILL BE A ( HUSS DELIRIUM) SAME AS AT PARAMONT KINGS ISLAND!!!!!!! THEY EVEN DREW A PICTURE OF IT, FROM WHAT THEY WERE SHOWN IN A MEETING. RUMOUR HAS IT- IT WILL BE GOING SOMEWHERE NEAR WIPEOUT..AND THE THUNDERBOLT SITE IS RUMOURED TO BE A SECOND NIC LAND. BUT THE NIC THINK IS A RUMOUR, THE OTHER IS CONCRETE!!!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cyclone Country (or County, Shire or whatever) is a great piece of misinformation. There is no "land" at Dreamworld called "Cyclone Country". On one press release it was said, "(Cyclone is) Set in the lush tropics of 'cyclone country'". It's nothing more than part of the theme, as in an area where cyclone's frequently occur (you've all heard similar sorts of phrases). A certain website, through their normal course of formatting press releases, managed to capitalise the two words and make it bold and italic and started referring to Cyclone's land as Cyclone Country all over the place. Cyclone is in Ocean Parade, and if any new ride were to go nearby, it'd also be in Ocean Parade, unless the press release mentions some vague geographical formation, in which case it'll be given its own land.

I can see Dreamworld adding Delirum, but as Richard has pointed out, it won't be placed in 'Cyclone Country'. Knowing Dreamworld, it'd probably get Aztec themeing while still being in Ocean Parade. Personally, I think the idea of Cyclone Country would be a good idea if Cyclone was a better ride.

I personally think Cyclone fits in rather well with the Ocean Parade theming and therefore I don't think it need its own land anyway. Regarding this Delirium thingy... I must say I'm not overly thrilled at the idea of another flat ride but after looking at the Huss website it looks pretty cool. I like rides with water features incorporated into them. I think the Aztec theming would be great, but would it fit in with Ocean Parade? Still, if this is the ONLY new ride for 2004 I will be disappointed. It will mean we will have waited for AGES for something ok but not spectacular. Bring on the hyper coaster!

^ May I suggest that you pruchase a video from Robb and Elissa, although I can't remember which one, as you will see the ride in action. Also ask your friends for the video of the Thrill Rides 2003 from the Discovery channel as it gives an on-board view of the ride. Looks like a great puke and spin ride, something that we are badly missing.

I certainly wouldn't say that it's a ride that's badly missing from Dreamworld. I mean, Wipeout gives more spin and puke than you could ever hope for. However, that's not to say it wouldn't fit in, and certainly be a welcome addition. I'm not a real fan of flat rides, and from what I saw on the Discovery show, as well as various photos and whatnot, it looks like a really great ride.

So Richard what is it, a huss delerium for us or not?
Be happy that I've been kind enough to say that there is a thrill ride coming. What I have said so far is public knowledge and I wouldn't ever go any further than that. I'm not going to say anything more until the appropriate time (i.e. when everything is announced).

Hi all, hope everyone enjoyed getting some news on whats install xmas 2004, i also agree with richard that the 2nd nick land wont happen, but the huss delirium will. Hear from you all soon! (i will kepp u posted if i hear anything else) Also has every one seen the tomb raider attraction taking shape..they have taken the wooden seats out of gum tree gully thearter, and have built the walls of the tombraider infront off all the previous bulidings, so u can no longer see the thearter or the hot dog place.

I think a Delirium would/will be an excellent addition to DW. IT would really fit in well with the whole feel of the park (being a rides park IMO). Dreamworld doesn't have that many flats and look how popular the Wipeout was/is. I am/would be quite satisfied with a Delirium and am sure that DW would do a great job themeing and marketing it and would really make the most out of it. Aslo I wouldn't call the WipeOut a 'Spin&Spew' ride IMO ;) . Maybe a Spin but not a spew and this is comeing from someone who gets sick on merry-go-round. :D Shaun

• 3 weeks later...
HussRainbow said: can they get a rainbow too, and stick in in there cos its with the theme and dont need any theming, lol
Man you need to get away from the carnival rides and have a look whats out there sometime. I have seen a Delirium ride elsewhere in the states and have been on it and it is a very smooth ride and would be a great edition to any park in Australia. "The Bus is now picking up Alfred Moisiu (2002), President of Albania"

but more than ever i would prefer i ride thats more exciting than intense, wipe out is high in excitment and intensity, but when i saw this delirium ride i rekon its a must go on ride, it looks very exciting and out of the ordinary. well i mean its exciting as in just heading back and forth on a pendalum like a pirate ship it goes upside down and spins whilst swinging. its interesting.

So the seats will be facing outwards? I think that Huss can make their gian frisbee iether or or even both ways at once (both seats facing and outwards). Like I said before it will be a cool ride and would be a great adition to the park. Are Deliriums very intense? They look intense? We will have to to wait another year and 3 days to find out.... Shaun