New for 2003.......

Psycho

Well, it's better than nothing. I'm very interested to see where the new street parade will take place. There's no real "straight" section in the park (think Main Street USA at Disneyland). I wonder if it will include floats, bands etc? I think this will be great for Wonderland, I'm really looking forward to it! As for the new cubs, it will certainly draw a crowd (the crowd that are in the park already). I'm suprised to see that the cubs won't be in the wildlife park though. ~Liam

Good to see them trying some new sh*t. The attendances should pick up for these. It should bring some more people through the gates. Keep your eye on the Gold Nugget Theatre re: the cubs. Motocross in Action Arena. The only straight sort of part is lakeside adjacent to the shipwreck. Or even the walkways down to Goldrush via Dragons Flight/Action Arena or past Endeavour and Taz (will it return???... I think not...) when it was there. They'd be the only places. The route of the train would be it basically if something like this is going to happen. Some tight turns especially outside Banjos and the BBQ in the holidays could be a problem though. I know it is for the train. 50 people waiting for some grub there can be tough to get through. Right on the corner.

Just one thing. It's lions, not tigers that they're getting. And presumably they're only "on loan" only while they're cubs. It's much easier (and cheaper...) to cater for a few cubs than. Good to see they've followed suit and given the two matching names (i.e. Dreamworld's Kaasha and Kato; Sea World's Lia and Lutik) with Masai and Mara. More than likely, the reason they've gone with the Goldrush setting is to drive people into the theme park, not the wildlife park. Movie World's street parade comprises of several bends, with only one (long) straight. In fact it's the next best thing to a chicane around Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster. So long as there's room for people to stand mindlessly and watch, they'll have no problems with whatever terrain they come up with, even with floats and whatnot.

Regarding the website - congratulations to Wonderland for finally tidying it up for xmas. Over the last couple of weeks it has been looking really messy with icons and graphics everywhere. The main page has been fixed up so it is now possible to access all the info and the layout is symetrical again. The new buttons at the bottom of the page advertising the cubs, birthday parties and marvel parade look good... so do the pop-ups that appear when you click on them. The increased involvement of the Marvel characters in-park should be good (parade, photo areas etc). It is definitely needed if they are going to be so heavily advertised and incorporated into Wonderlands branding.

The parade will be with all the Marvel characters and will probably follow the same route that the old HB charatacter parade took, through Botany Bay and Transylvania and miss out on Gold Rush. I have heard that the parade will finish at the Action Arena with a small show. The FMX show will not be in the Action Arena but the hardly ever used Sundown theatre. Summer at Wonderland will be great with the new editions to the park. "The Bus is now leaving for Thimphu"