Going from the Blue Mountains to Sydney I can't bare looking at..

Playfuldreams

My aunt drove me to Sydney to see a thearte production at Star City this was a few months after WL closed. So I was surpised to still see Space Probe looming over the trees as we drove past, then I saw Bush Beast sitting majestically by the fence the Wonderland sign removed. The slides of the beach were still up and it was eerie. They were starting on the construction of the motorway. I was thinking I wish it was still open. (I recall now promising a friend that once I got my full licence that I would take them to WL, that promise now broken). Then last year I went to Westmead for a doctor's appointment. I was excited as we drove up the from the central west. I smiled when we went past the arrnotts factory and then I turned my head a little further up forgetting that everything was gone and I was expecting to see the Space Probe looming up ahead. Instead all I saw was mounds of dirt, an expressway and that ugly LG factory. I had to admit I got very teary as we drove past it. No more fun in NSW.

• 6 months later...

Yeah and my dad laughs and says 'hah "wonderland drive" ' *the street name of old entrance* sucks that all we have left or all that they left was a sign. No sign or whatever. My friends just laugh it off like 'hah i rmember wonderland wow its all dirt now hah' but I cant help getitng teary. And as I look in other cars passing by people dont even look anymore. It was such a thrill when we used to drive over the hill and see space probe and the tip of the demon and driving through the entrance yelling out the different letters on each flag , eventually spelling wonderland. I hate and will never forgive anyone that decided to run wonderland into the ground for money.

I get sad every time i drive past. I keep thinking im gunna see the Probe too. I remember we use to always play who can spot space probe first. So many good memories there. Lets mourn together now :( I think it was the best thing NSW had. Now its gone, theres nothing left here. Sydney is now a hole :)

*cries* And Luna Park just adds to sydney's 'holey-ness' and makes me feel poor when I go there. <_< We should start an action group, and hang signs with catchy phrases to remind sydney people what they're missing. Hang banners over freeways ie. M7 :angry: but maybe it would cause some accidents. :unsure:

I remember we use to always play who can spot space probe first.
That just makes me feel old - we used to play spot the bush beast - when coming down Wallgrove road (before the widened it that is, of course then - the trees were much lower, and bush beast really was the highest thing in the park)
We should start an action group, and hang signs with catchy phrases to remind sydney people what they're missing.
Someone already has. I can't bother searching at the moment, but you can search the forums for "facebook article" or else i'm sure someone helpful who can be bothered (i'm looking at you Gazza) will probably link it up when they read this. Otherwise the facebook group is called "can we get 100,000 people who want a themepark in western sydney" or something ridiculously impossible like that.

Haha yeah. I joined the face book group. Pointless. I just want to hang signs everywhere to make people want a theme park or make them remember that Sydney is a hole. :lol:
Hanging signs everywhere would be just like joining the facebook group - pointless. As far as making people remember Sydney is a hole, speak for yourself. I was Born and Bred in sydney, and while there are a lot of places that are "holes", Sydney isn't itself a hole as a whole. And you are unlikely to find a hole without a guy holding a shovel - so look around, and if you don't see a guy holding a shovel - it's probably you. Edited by AlexB

while there are a lot of places that are "holes", Sydney isn't itself a hole as a whole.
*Cough* Punchbowl *Cough*
signs arent pointless. Its like protesting but more fail.
I think putting up signs or banners on overpasses etc, gives your cause even less credibility. Like those ones about stopping Scientology.

Good luck getting a theme park up and running in Sydney in, this is my most hated phrase at the moment and can't believe I'm using it, the current economic climate. Facebook groups and banners on the side of the road are pointless you are better off talking to a tree in the local park if you want action. Bussy