POV Video Restrictions

cadboy

Unless you have permission from the park to take your camera on the ride then yes you can, if you don't then don't, on account of risk of injuring yourself or others. Those people who sneak camera's onto rides can ruin it for others. Penalties are big if you are caught and for those who do get caught I hope get a 5 year ban from the park. The fact is, you WON'T be able to get any device on a ride, why? Simply because your just another stranger coming in from the street and asking to take your camera on the ride. If you were to take a media device on a ride you have to secure correct? Securing an item to get on a ride would be time consuming and that in itself is just unfair for others in the park who wish to ride. SO... my advice, go have fun on the rides, when you come home and want to relive it, go on you tube and look at P.O.V's that other IDIOT'S have captured.

Scooby - as you take your stuff with you, and there isn't really much risk to bystanders. I do have a POV of Lethal Weapon which was recorded using very sophisticated equipment - A recording device worn attached to my belt (which can only come off by removing my belt) and a very nifty fibre optic cable that runs from the device on my belt, under my sleeve and attaches to my wrist using velcro. The lens itself shoots over the top of my hand, and records wherever I point my hand. I have used this on Demon, Bush Beast and Probe, Cyclone, Lethal Weapon and Thunderbolt. Sadly, the last time I flew Virgin, the fibre optic was damaged, and as it is quite expensive, I haven't bothered to replace it. Without park permission, this is the only style device that I would use on an attraction with a no-loose-items policy, as it is, technically, not a loose item - its the same as a watch. I presume your intention is to use either a handycam or a mobile phone with video recording. Either way I don't recommend it. The risk to your personal property, as well as those around you is too high. The following is a list of rides at the various parks that you could probably use one of these on: Looney Tunes River Ride Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster Batman Adventure (although the legalities surrounding the proprietary video footage would be antsy) Wild West Falls Bermuda Triangle Vikings Revenge And at Dreamworld - the rapids, the log flume, ToT (I presume, since you take your items with you, and there is really only two forces - forwards, backwards, there would be little risk to anyone) And most flat rides at all parks. Recording on most coasters on the gold coast is generally difficult. When they are shooting for professional purposes, (and Nev is the one to talk about this one) there is quite a substantial rig to mount the camera on. It looks like a cross between a bullbar, tow hitch, and tripod. Due to the time it takes to fit the equipment and ensure its safety, most of these devices usually get used either before park open, or after park close - perfect examples would be Grant Denyer and Rove Live at Movie World - Grant in the morning before open, and Rove after the park had closed for normal trade.

Unless you have permission from the park to take your camera on the ride then yes you can, if you don't then don't, on account of risk of injuring yourself or others.
So are you saying that I can just go to the operators of the ride and ask if I can take the camera on the ride, and if they say yes I can take it on??
That's pretty much it, though some rides don't really prohibit it, and these tend to be the rides where you take your stuff with you, or have to hold onto your stuff. Water rides seem to fall into this category, as do sedate vehicular rides (Model T's, Trains, Skyrides)
Ok so i could take it on scooby-doo yer?? Considering they tell u to take your bags on with u. I think u could take it on a lot of rides that are sedate enough, even rides like the tower of terror u could i guess, it's not that bad. Same with the claw, you probs could, becuase there really aint any jolting movments. It's really just how 'wild' the ride is. Edited by CoAsTeR TeeN

ToT (I presume, since you take your items with you, and there is really only two forces - forwards, backwards, there would be little risk to anyone)
You can forget that one. Tower enforces the No Loose items policy, the only thing you take with you is all footwear. All other loose items must be passed to the Senior Operator/Put in the boxes provided. Edited by Lotl_90