Recent Changes

Lotl_90

Im surprised this one hasnt been spoken about. Although its not huge news, As of friday last week, Wiggles Farmyard Friends is closed for 'redevelopment'.. Couple of things I noted today, Yesterday appeared to be the last day of OceanAir Helicopter flights from gold rush country, they no longer seem to be operating, but never fear, you can head up to Imax and watch one of the now five (yes, 5!) sessions of space station that shows daily. On a more positive note though, all of the gardens around the park have been refurbished, and are actually looking really good, no more trampled plants or dead flowers, although give it a few months of douchebags trampling over them and we will see how they look.

Edited by Lotl_90

I think its great that there are five showings on the Imax theatre. Really, the Imax is a great asset to Dreamworld that's been underutilised in previous years, and I think that five shows a day is great compared the 3 showings that were taking place not long ago. Space Station isn't a bad movie either, not the best I've seen but probably the best movie they've had for a good few years.

Yes but of those 5 sessions, 2 were the other show, Australia: Land Beyond time. It was nice having two shows, which they no longer have. As for the helicopter, As far as I know the current contract with OceanAir is finished. Whether it is redeveloped and then another company sourced out, or another contract between Dreamworld and OceanAir is created, is another story, and at this stage who knows.

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys im new on the site but i can say that there have been a few changes at dreamworld on regards to imax i think they only have the space station showing not the other one and also as far as joy flights go they have got a new company doing it now called james technolgys or something close to that ill find out and let u guys now

Yeah Turbo_x, thats what I said in my last post about the Imax Showing 5 sessions a day, 2 used to be Australia, land beyond time, which they no longer show. As far as I know, OceanAir is still the company operating helicopter flights out of Dreamworld, they closed down for a few days, and came back with the green 'James Technologies' chopper, and new uniforms.

yea the uniforms dont really seem to be that different i was down there today and had a look whilst talking to a d.w. staff member and they seem to be the same the helicopeter is still up and going and bussiness is as usual. the ques didn seem to horific either for school holidays in fact id have to say that there was more of a crowd there last week when it wasnt qld school holidays.

• 3 weeks later...

Any truth to the rumour of plans to redevelop the part of Ocean Parade closest to WWW? I assume its the vortex, Gamesite, stingray and that yellow one... i hear there putting in some kind of new ride there and they plan to move the rides around.. this is supposed to happen next year some time, if it is true. Could it have something to do with Stage 3 of WWW? im not sure what, but something? I would hate to reveal my source... (he just works in food, no real connections.)

Yeah, that sounds about right. The two mammoth slides proposed are going to take up the space were Vortex currently is, and will cut into where Stingray is, so those two rides will be moved or scrapped at the very least if they were going to move foward with stage 3 (Which I imagine would becoming somewhat more urgent given the relentless march of WnW)

Edited by Gazza

Well, the helix of the dark mammoth will take up all of where vortex is, and the splash down pool for both rides will touch a tiny part of where Stingray is. I can't post up the images/files directly, but you can go to http://pdonline.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/maste...spx?page=search and find Dreamworld by your preferred means (I find map search easiest)...Once you have Dreamworld up click on the application entitled "extensions to theme park" and on the page that comes up, the "Part 3" PDF has the plans of stage 3, so you can satisfy every curiosity you might have about what they have planned.

Rumours of these sorts of changes have been going around both inside and outside of dreamworld, ever since the talk of the second flowrider unit, which still hasnt happened. Its going to be interesting to see what they actually choose to do with the area when they get around to expanding WWW.

Ive heard so many different things its not funny. There was talk of moving/losing stingray and vortex, possibly moving Reef Diver into the area down near Vintage Cars, extending the Flowrider Recreation area and allowing for the slides to breach across the fence, although still splashing down in the WWW side. The FR unit was at one point going in where vortex is, then in WWW. I dont even know if they have made up their mind. And again, this is all just hearsay. We'll just have to wait and see how much of that area of DW is affected when they start the next stage of WWW. Edit: Also, just continuing on with all the rumour, Nick Central was supposed to be getting a bit of a shake up, With things like moving the Nick Pix photo outlet over into the top level of the Nick Stuff Shop and using that building as a character house, clearing out a little bit of the nature strip in behind the claw and next to wild thornberries and moving stingray down into that area. All depends on how much money they are willing to spend I guess.

Edited by Lotl_90

• 2 weeks later...