1. 1. Are You Going?

• Absolutely! Can't Wait
    • See What I'm Doing
    • Like I'd Even Bother

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BAM! Im getting a little tired of reading the dribble that is continually posted by doc brown. Seriously, tone down the immaturity a little and please dont post for the sake of posting. Im sure im not the only one who is a little annoyed by it. Anyway, if anyone does find out for sure whether they are available on the night, let us know if you get a chance. Theres a group of people from work going, and im not sure what im doing yet so if i dont manage to pre-purchase it would be nice to know.

For all those wondering i found out today that ticket sales for the first two nights have not been huge and ticket boths will be open for the first to nights ONLY, The last night which is acctually halloween isn't as of yet sold out but very close to it so they anticipate there to be no tickets left for the last night. In saying that i said before that leaflets are being handed out at major shows and after the star parade to promote the night more which is proving to be a good job as the upgrade booth gets a slight line up at closing for those buying tickets. My advice would be decide Quickly and pre purchase a lot of guests will realise on the day after being to the park that it is on that night and they will want to go seeing they are already there this happens every year, one day last year this happen resulting in a sold out night.

I think the problem with that strategy is that the people at the park would just enthusiastically encourage you to buy tickets, rather than telling you it is ok to wait (I doubt they would know exact sales numbers anyway).
Hey Gazza - I am surprised that you reckon that the parks would not know sales numbers. In this day and age where they plan events based on how many people would be attending, I think the company would ensure that they have access to that data. Not just with respect to theme parks or just Halloween events. I expect 31st to be the busier night, ticket booths may be open to ensure that people do not go back disappointed.

Gazza is probably right in the fact they will just enthusiastically encourage you to buy them so they get sales its the same as and business they will always try and up sale something maccas for instance will always put in a large meal if someone ask for one without be specific as to what size. Correct me here if I'm wrong but i think what Gazza is getting at which he is right if so, the sales rep isn't going to know exact numbers at the time, the ticket sales system which is used (which is very similar to the one used on the site) will just tell the sales rep that the night is full or unavailable they are not going to know if there is two tickets left or not. That way say a person says i would like to book 7 tickets for the 31st it will come up and say that due amount is unavailable were as say it was 3 they may have enough spaces. Which if that ends up being the last tickets in the next booking that date will then not be available for them to access same as on the net it wont let year access a date if it is full as you probably already know.

since the other thread is closed (i know he talks ****, but come on, that thread didnt need to close) and because i said i would post a pic or two as everything comes together. Coat has been finished, hat has been made, just time now to get the shirt done and my boots should arrive. Flintlocks have been held by customs though, so im going to have to sort that out tomorrow. costume.jpg Only about 1/3rd the way there, but we will be ready for some fun. If you happen to see me out and about, dont be affraid to tap me on the shoulder and say hi (though say where you are from too so you dont seem like a total weirdo :P )

There is a competition? ohh awesome. Im going thursday night to ride some rides in the dark and take some pics of the event, then friday im going dressed up. Going with friends who are in costume too, so it will be a good night. I dont think I can do much riding on friday night because its a bit difficult when you are in theme :)

Hey Gazza - I am surprised that you reckon that the parks would not know sales numbers. In this day and age where they plan events based on how many people would be attending, I think the company would ensure that they have access to that data.
Well, of course the park would have access to sales numbers, what theme park wouldn't track that data? I was sort of talking about the guest relations staff that answer the phone...would they have that data on hand to tell guests who ring up and ask?

After being spoken about yesterday it has been put out late yesterday afternoon that FRIDAY 31ST OCTOBER IS NOW SOLD OUT! And there are limited tickets remaining for the first two nights and they ask all those who are genuinely interested in going to please call myfun TODAY to make last minute bookings on 133 386 The nights attraction list is: Superman escape (if not wet) Lethal weapon Batwing Batman the adventure ride 2 Scooby Doo spooky coaster Shrek 4D Fright Zone Scary Maze Zombie laser hunt Wild West Falls (is and will be decided tomorrow morning as to weather the attraction is going to be open on the night) If anyone has any further enquires for the 3 nights don't hesitate to send me a PM ill be happy to answer them.