Spaceworld - New Aussie Theme Park?

Flea

Hmmm... It's a big ask (money wise), and without looking through the plans I cannot say all too much. I think with that kind of money though a good park can be built. Not Disney quality, but hey, who cares? Have you found any extra information about this project? (websites, etc.) Oh, and glad to see you posting again!

^Haha $132 Mil Disney park...I'd imagine it would be comprised of rides like Mullholland Madness and Primeval Whirl. The moment I read this thread I immediatley thought of Space World in Japan, though obviously at $132 Mil the scale would be considerably less. BTW, Hey Flea, nice to see you are still around.

Thoughts? :)
Maybe Spaceworld is just a covert name for a new Disney themepark? Wouldn't be the first time Disney used a covert name to purchase and develop land....
My thoughts - to be quite honest - is someone is dreaming. I don't think for one second that this would be anything remotely related to disney, and besides, Disney would not be seeking outside investment for the infrastructure, only the attractions - and then on a sponsorship basis. Hell, I've got my accounting firm, and major project team right here, courtesy of Atari, and Tim Sawyer - It's called RCT 1,2 & 3. The thing I found more interesting than the Major project team and the Accounting firm was this:
Have no collateral or financial Instruments. Thanks.
Sounds like a one-man instrument - especially the tagline of "thanks". The person posting has no collateral, no financial instruments, so you've basically got Martin luther king - "I have a dream, and if I can find over 13 investors stupid enough to give me $10m each, I'll get to play RCT without a computer." This sounds like something more worthwhile, and something that has a lot of thought put into it:
Touring costs for 2 kids shows to QLD I have a total of 40 confirmed club shows for The Hannah Montana tribute show and The High school Musical tribute show between 27th Sept to 13th October 2008 in NSW QLD and ACT. 20% return for 60 day use of funds.Business references available. REQUIRED AMOUNT: $20,000 MINIMUM INVESTMENT AMOUNT: $5,000 REGION: New South Wales INDUSTRY 1: Entertainment/Film INVESTMENT REASON: Working Capital PREMIUM PROPOSAL: No
I don't think we're going to see Spaceworld anytime soon.

Well, if you've ever seen their website in the past (it's not there anymore) as it was an action park that mostly featured plummeting down a hill on either a toboggan or a waterslide. The Jamberoooooooooooooooooo bit was from a kid in the logo going down a hill, and the oooo's were trailing behind him, implying how fast he was going down the hill. So yes - not really a need for it, but thats where it came from.

This would be the one: post-88-1221041856_thumb.jpg On a slightly related note, Jamberoo's new website seems to have a lot of subtle similarities to the myfun site. post-88-1221043220_thumb.jpg

When will the other states get a go, not that I mind them here in QLd where I live but I feel sorry for those in the other states.
Well, to be fair African Safari World was a serious proposal, but things didn't really turn out well for them. The important thing is that they have acknowledged the market, maybe a little while down the track they will try again, learning from past mistakes. Edited by Gazza

Well, to be fair African Safari World was a serious proposal, but things didn't really turn out well for them. The important thing is that they have acknowledged the market, maybe a little while down the track they will try again, learning from past mistakes.
Yeh I know, I just can't believe it's not going ahead it would have been a really great park if it looked anything like the concept artwork. ^Thanks for the heads up on the 'ooooooooooooooooooooooooo' issue guys.

On a slightly related note, Jamberoo's new website seems to have a lot of subtle similarities to the myfun site.
Dammit Gazza, I noticed that when I had a look at it too - take a look at the "buy tickets online" logo - almost identical to the "pass" images that myfun uses. I was too busy looking for an Ooooooooooooo image that I forgot to mention it when it came along to replying. I actually had to stop for a minute and check the registered owner of the website to be sure WVTP hadn't made a sneaky aquisition.