Queues At Christmas Peak Period

Mousenator

Hey guys, Im planning a Gold Coast theme park holiday from boxing day to the 4th of January as this was the only time my friends could get off. Its been about five years since i've been and im very excited. However i've only ever visited during off peak, when there were still very long lines for rides like cyclone and scooby doo. But from what ive heard, im going during the busiest time of the year and I was wondering what to expect in terms of queue times of some of the lower capacity rides. Am I going to have to wait half the day to get on the single train cyclone?

Edited by Mousenator

Boxing Day is the busiest day of the year (certainly for Wet'n'Wild) and the week after will be just as bad. New Year's Day is often a little bit quieter, mostly because no one likes a hangover. If there's any chance you can come on Christmas Eve though I would seriously recommend it, as it tend to be a little bit less busy.

Yeh I went to Wet'n'wild Christmas eve a few years ago for the first time. We talked to a life guard who said the Christmas Eve was the least buisiest day of the year. Lines were good if I remeber right. But on the dates your going after christmas I would presume they would be packed because people get annual passes and tickets for christmas they want to use.

Am I going to have to wait half the day to get on the single train cyclone
ridiculus capacity, something Dreamworld certainly needs to adress. Edited by cadboy

Thanks for the advice, we'll still be driving up on boxing day so fortunately we'll miss that one. As for new years unfortunately we'll probably be hungover ourselves so I doubt we'll be going then. Scooby doo for most of us, is our favourite ride. Last time I was there though the queue was only just into the main queue hall, yet I waited for almost 30 mins . How packed do you think the main queue hall will be this time? And if its full, how long should we except to wait? I don't know if we're gonna be speding a lot of days at the parks so I want to get as many rides in as possible. Im thinking of just running to scooby as soon as it opens and getting as many in as we can then leaving it for the rest of the day (and same with Cyclone).

Yeah I think the proven stratergy is just to turn up before the gates open, and then when inside the park head up to the end of main street where the ropes are, and then at 10am when the ropes drop just go straight into Scooby and keep re riding, and you should get a few rides in before it gets too busy, since not everybody turns up in time for opening, and a lot of people get caught up in the queues for buying tickets (Needless to say, pre purchase). The thing to keep in mind is that at any of the GC parks you can seek out virtually any ride at opening, and re ride multiple times successfully. Its not like some of those big American parks where you can be first on the ride in the morning, and then as you exit see that a 45 minute queue has flooded in within the few minutes you were on the ride.