MW's Next coaster Design

cadboy

MW Next Coaster  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What Design should MW's Next Coaster be.

• Floorless
    • Inverted
    • Pipeline
    • Suspended
    • Stand Up
    • Flying
    • Sit Down
    • 4th Dimension
    • Bobsled
    • Wooden

Roughness isn't as much of an issue on woodies anyway, given the fact your head isn't bashing into anything. I'm not really sure how it becomes painful as other has described, as all that happens is that you get jostled around, which in itself isn't painful. Anyhow, if they did decide to get an Intamin woodie then the roughness issue is non existent anyway.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've voted floorless because we need some more looping coasters in Australia, I like the idea of having a wooden coaster, especially to expand the wild west theme, like having the coaster being a mine cart. The el toro is a good coaster but I'm unsure of the cost, can anyone enlighten me? Because if it was under 20 mil I'd be quite happy for it to be stuck to the left of Wild west falls.

It's just that having done the amount of woodies I have though, I wouldn't feel the need to do Ghost Rider again. Or really visit Knott's for that matter.

For a Mine Themed train that was just mentioned... go onto RCDB and search for "Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain" I'd love to see something like that :P
LoCoSuMo is one of the most unique coasters I've done and I would love something like that. So long as they did the bear though - not to mention the skeleton near the lift. Edited by Gold Coaster

Ghost Rider was considerably rougher than Lethal Weapon (which I find tolerable) and much worse than the Bush Beast ever was (although I didn't ride it in the last 12 months of operation). I wasn't the only one walking off holding my lower back in pain which may be why it was a walk on all day. In saying that I still rode it twice as I figured I wouldn't be back there for a while. Knott's was pleasant enough, but the staff were slow, loading times were terrible on all rides and this was in the middle of summer break. Next time I will make the effort to get up to Magic Mountain instead.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to breath new life into this topic, but I'm suprised no one truly elaborated on Mega-lite coasters. While I did vote for floorless, that was before I had a look at these babies- p21836.jpgp22010.jpg These coasters are intamin so they're guarenteed to be a smooth ride, while australia seems to be hooked on intamins at the moment, I would not be disapointed to see one of these babys go up at movieworld. They reach speeds of 90kph and are a similar height to LW. (about 32m)

Edited by sonic123488

I agree with the previous post, for the GP it would look similar though there are major differences. I think this ride would be better suited to DW where the don't currently have an Intamin of this type. Then MW could get a B&M hyper similar to Nitro and once again take the prize from Dreamworld. Still and all I think this would make for an extremely fun ride.

It is by no means a bad ride by any account, I have read rave reviews of it, but as others have said unfortunately it does sort of seem to be a superman with extra hills (visually anyway)... If MW did go and build one of these (unlikely), I would see it as 'odd', but at the same time I wouldn't be complaining. I guess this is going back to that ongoing wild west woodie debate, but what if Intamin did a "mega lite wooden", essentially a similar scale and layout, and with the short trains (allows for a tighter layout and reduced costs). If you did that you'd get the same ride experience force wise (airtime :) ), but the ride has managed to morph into something quite different. Scale wise it also looks a bit less intimidating.

Edited by Gazza

Do you honestly believe that MW wouldnt cheap out if they were going to build a Woodie?
Movieworld will almost definitely cheap out, until they gain more stability on the market, and can grow to a size like Knotts. Knotts isn't the biggest theme park in america, but it's certainly something for MW to aim for. Edited by sonic123488

I think that's a stupid idea. Why pay that much money for something so similar to a ride they already have? We don't we just get another wild mouse and put that next to Scooby Doo.
Yeah - and I tell you what, Wet N Wild already has a tornado, so they'd be absolutely stupid if they went out and bought a Sidewinder, installed it at WnW and called it Kamikaze.... This argument was already put forward in the Kamikaze thread, and at the end of the day, it is not an IDENTICAL experience, it offers similar experience, with different variety, and at the same time increasing capacity, so who cares?

Guest Doc Brown
Yeah - and I tell you what, Wet N Wild already has a tornado, so they'd be absolutely stupid if they went out and bought a Sidewinder, installed it at WnW and called it Kamikaze.... This argument was already put forward in the Kamikaze thread, and at the end of the day, it is not an IDENTICAL experience, it offers similar experience, with different variety, and at the same time increasing capacity, so who cares?
THEY ARENT GETTING A NEW ROLLERCOASTER ANYTIME SOON YOU DUMB COWBOY'S

post-2367-1225878076.gif

Doc Brown, I'm beginning to think you broke out of the Arkham Asylum last week... And using the same avatar as Gazza to try to fool people is unlikely to work... About the coaster, I agree. It looks like Superman painted brown and with the building removed. Where Tornado and Kamikaze are similar but with different experiences, this looks like the same ride with the same experience.

Plus, I think with water parks that 'repeats' are a bit more accepted because of the more limited scope attractions available, and the fact its a new slide every year or so versus a new coaster every four years or so. The capacity argument is a valid one, many slide complexes are built with multiple copies of the same ride to cater to demand for that particular experience.

Your best bet with predicting movieworld's next coaster would be looking at what they're going to theme it around. The possibility of a flying coaster coming next to movieworld isn't likely, namely because they would be sure to them it around superman if they were to build one. And we're not going to have another superman themed ride for at least another ten years, due largely to the existence of superman escape. It is unlikely to be another batman ride because of the spaceshot. However the wild west area, hasn't gotten a new attraction for almost ten years, (only a about a month from 10 years), so my best bet would be some kind of attraction to the wild west area. I have gut feeling something could be happening there. ;) sonic123488 P.S- Sorry to make two posts in a row.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always thought that MW could easily theme a coaster around the Harry Potter franchise. I would imagine Quidditch or the Triwizard tournament could be done really well, especially after seeing that pic of Dæmonen above. What do you guys think? It actually surprises me that we only have a small shop and a temporary attraction from such a major WB franchise.