MW's Next coaster Design

cadboy

MW Next Coaster  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What Design should MW's Next Coaster be.

• Floorless
    • Inverted
    • Pipeline
    • Suspended
    • Stand Up
    • Flying
    • Sit Down
    • 4th Dimension
    • Bobsled
    • Wooden

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well the reason we think MW as being better than DW is because they keep adding new rides. I agree MW does seem to be okay at the moment, but I find it hard to believe SE is almost 3 years old. :blink: Now don't get me wrong SE is a great coaster, but I want too see MW keep it coming. Not wait for the coasters to become boring to everyone, then introduce upcharge attractions, and not take notice to the public demand. :wacko:

Edited by sonic123488

Cadboy just to answer you question about lethal weapon being one of the smoothest in the world from what i can remember and after talking to friends and family who haven't been to Movie World in some time from what they can remember also it was a very smooth coaster in its prime (First few years) i can remember my dad would always complement the fact it was so smooth and for now these days it has taken a complete turn now being a ride a lot of guests wont go on after there first go, I talk to many park guests all the time and i get the same response my ears hurt. Countless times iv seen both men and women both crying because of the pain it causes some people, In saying that i don't have a problem with it i got a chance to ride it twice today and didn't have a problem with my ears once. My advice to guests take on board the op's staff's advice they are the ones who know how to correctly position your self so you can minimize head banging and other useful tips while riding any ride. With the whole coaster debate for Movie World next year i have two things to say: 1. I recon it might just be bye bye to the giant picture facade in the western area allowing a new travel path to a wooden coaster out the back. 2. In saying what i said above it wouldn't surprise me if it isn't a coaster at all they have 4 inc RRRC i don't think that will be the approach taken at all.

1. I recon it might just be bye bye to the giant picture facade in the western area allowing a new travel path to a wooden coaster out the back.
Only problem with that idea is, what are the people who live in the houses next to the park going to think about the noise? Last time I heard they were a bit touchy when it came to theme park noise. :rolleyes: Hence the wall on the right side of wild west falls. I still wouldn't mind seeing a woodie pop up there. Edited by sonic123488

There's no way they'd place a coaster behind there (it would be impossible), or even just use it for a path. The road behind the painted wall is used to get around the park behind the scenes (well dah, it's a road) and there is really no room behind. An added path behind would then require theming to be added behind the current facades. Also, what happens to the road? Plus, let's not forgot about the people who live behind, as sonic said. 'If' they were to build something back there they would find another area to place a path. No doubt about that. Sorry klassen... You may work for the park but common sense still prevails...

All points taken on board 1) The road is really no loose it is like a deserted alley behind there the only purposes for it is to transport entertainment staff from the green room near office to the show building (aka stage show arena) there is other ways of getting there that just happens to be slightly quicker and till the stunt show construction finishes the floats are currently being kept down behind WWF till January so they use that road. 2) facades are no problem Movieworld is pretty good at creating facades seeing 70% of the park is full of them and any Movie World attraction requires theeing so there is no problem there. 3) There is room this exact idea has been on the cards once before was actually spoken about a few months ago on this forum also. 4) yes, noise is the major issue I'm sure they could find away around it, Nearby residents kicked up a stink when WWF DA was going through but they still managed to find away and the drop wall didn't appear till some time after the attraction opened and was not in the original plans from what iv been told they put it up to try and stop some regular complaints by residents. For god sake you choose to live near a theme park what do you expect it was there way before most residents that now live there its the same as Luna park in Sydney well very similar.

Edited by klassen24

• 1 month later...
I talk to many park guests all the time and i get the same response my ears hurt. Countless times iv seen both men and women both crying because of the pain it causes...
I think WVTP would be best off to first spend some money getting some new Vekoma restraints and trains for LW. While my ears don't particularly hurt after riding LW I do get headaches afterwards which isn't much fun. Seems pointless to have such an expensive ride significantly underutilised because of discomfort when a solution is available and relatively cost effective. I think this is in a way similar to SDSC; i.e. the ride experience can be vastly improved by spending a relatively small amount of $$$. In terms of a new coaster I would love to see a large woodie built in the Wild West area but am not holding my breath given the financial crisis at the moment and the cash WVTP already has allocated to other parks like their Phoenix waterpark and the Sunshine coast waterpark. Something that might be more affordable and still interesting would be an S & S El Loco like Steel Hawg (http://www.rcdb.com/ig2722.htm?picture=11) but themed to a mine ride layout (i.e. built around and partially inside a mountain). These rides look reasonably fun given the ability for inversions, > 90 degree drops and negatively banked turns. The reviews I have read have been fairly complimentary and I would think the cost for the ride itself would be relatively modest thus allowing for a fairly large budget for construction of the theming elements.

Apparently the specs released by flamingo land for their El Loco call for a 700 people per hour capacity (although they also state it will be a larger version than Steel Hawg): http://www.parkworld-online.com/news/fulls...Jumbo!.html If 700 is indeed the number I think it would easily put through more people than MDMC (supposedly c750) given it would be operated by MW staff and not DW.