Tony Laffan -Goodbye

Jaggie

From the humble begginings 4 years ago till the present date, Millenium Magic now known as Spellbinding Sorcery has entertained and amazed guests at Wonderland Sydney. But January 2004 will be the end of an era for Tony Laffan. The magician who brought magic through the gates of Wonderland. Congratualations to Tony and Juleen on a great 4 years at the park and hope that he will continue his sucess in years to come. What are your greatest memories of the Magic Show at Wonderland's Galaxy Theartre, have you been up on the stage and weaved magic yourself or perhaps met the man himself. Whatever it is, the Magic Show was a must at Wonderland. I will be at the last show, and will be ashame to see the best show to ever come into Wonderland leave. ----Goodbye Tony------

Absolutely mate. Tony is a genius. A gifted magician and an allround top bloke. Himself and Juleen together were a class act and will be severely missed at Wally World. I saw the show as a guess, a hundred times during my time at Wally World and I never got sick of it. My favourite trick would definitely have to be Origami. I used to love being at Zodiac around 2:30 just to hear the music for that trick :P To this day, his show still amazes me. Shame I won't be able to see the last show. Two very nice people who deserve all the happiness in the world. Good luck to them.

(Jaegar, his little brother and I spoke to Tony yesterday about him leaving - so we know this is true ;) ) It's a real shame to see them go. It really was Wonderland's greatest show. Despite watching it over and over, it still entertained. Congratulations Tony and Juleen (and the fill in for Juleen, Kasey Laura) and good luck! While we're on the subject of them, Juleen is pregnant :) ~Liam

Yer almost fogot Liam, The guy is a nice guy, had a 25 min chat to him yesterday after everyone else went, and the Dreamworld rumor is not true. Congratualtions aswell to Casey-Laura, great fill in, and now Liam that you mention that Juleen is pregnent well, good luck to her and the baby hope all goes well.

Anyone know the actual reason the show is ending? Does it come down to those good old budget cuts or do you think Wonderland just thought it had been running for long enough? I for one agree that it was a good show but think it probably is time for it to move on. Do you guys think/know if anything will replace it? PS Congrats to Nightshifter for being the first person to post the info regarding the end of the show before the news became official. It's nice to see that at least SOME of the rumours posted on here turn out to be correct

As far as I can gather, Tony and Juleen have decided it's time to move on. They've been there a long time now. 364 days a year, sometimes 2 shows a day on the big ones. It's hard slog. A couple of personal issues have previously arisen and she is now heavy with child as stated. I'd say the show is finishing by mutual agreement. How can you replace a show like that? Nothing Wonderland can produce will compare. I'm not going to speculate on what will replace it. Probably some low budget flop like Action Man was if anything... Maybe they won't replace it soon. Who knows?

One of the staff from the magic show told me that Wonderland's owners actually made the decision to cancel the show and that Tony and Juleen were a bit shocked. Not sure which one is true. It is possible that Tony himself would not neccesarily tell guests the whole truth... afterall that should be a fairly confidential thing.