Paradise Country from Wild West

ShadowXL

Yes that is true. As i mentioned a couple of weeks ago john menzies and some park rep's were seen in the area taking measurments and thinking of a new area to put the western style drink stand that used to be there which is now moved next to the scooby extention que. When he was seen there, it was not certain as to what was going to happen to the area i was one of the few who realised who it was and sticky beaked my thoughts were a revamp of boot hill area but then the words "animal farm tour" and "aussie farm tours" was thrown around a few times but till yesterday it didnt make much sences. But you can now pay $10 for a adult and $5 for a child and you travel from boothill through the wooden doors were the floats come out for the parade and it then takes you to paridise country. You are given a green wrist band which then allows you to come back into the park when you are ready. Plus the people moovers they take you over in look very similar to the ones used in the old studio tour maybe even the same they look fairly old.

From CONFIDENTIAL -Courier Mail

Paris Hilton was seen in the Lobby of the Mirage Hotel talking to the management yesterday, apparently talking about the contents of the Mini-bar fridge in her hotel room. It is yet to be seen what improvements Miss Hilton was demanding...
From klassen24 - Parkz.com
As i mentioned a couple of weeks ago john menzies and some park rep's were seen in the area taking measurments and thinking of a new area to put the western style drink stand that used to be there which is now moved next to the scooby extention que. When he was seen there, it was not certain as to what was going to happen to the area...
Anyone else realised this guy talkes like a poorly paid journalist on a slow news day?

This is Paradise Country: http://maps.google.com.au/maps?ie=UTF8&amp...mp;t=h&z=17. Scroll to the right for the other parks. Charging $10 to take a tram ride to a petting zoo is about the tackiest way to make money I've heard. I'd sooner endorse bungy trampolines or minigolf -- or an unthemed tin shed filled with arcade machines in the middle of a nicely western themed area -- than an idea like this.

I completely agree Rich and was thinking along the same lines myself. Are they that desperate, I know the more money they make the more they can put back into the park but seroiusly to charge that much for a ride in a buggy is ridiculous. I wonder how many families are going to fork out an extra $20 on top of the $220 entry fee. Have they built a road from MW to PC or are they going to drive the buggies along the Highway at 20knph. Bad idea MW.

I'm still confused, is the $10/$5 for the transport up there, or does it include admission costs? If its the latter then all it is is a world pass gate sort of thing. The attraction itself looks totally uninteresting for a non international visitor....Earlier this year pass holders got sent an offer for a free ticket to the place...didn't take them up on it though...It's just a mini version of the back half of DW.

Edited by Gazza

i just had an idea using the map the richard supplied me (thanks) the lake like thinggy thats next to the exit and entry area if they wanted another batman thing to go with the area and somthing to do with a bat boat or say gremlins let loose on a boat they could probbaly end up whacking a jet boat or somting in there for/as a new attraction it would be great for people who dont want to fly to the land of the long white sheep or do it on the harbour and in a somewhat safe and controled enviroment and it would probslly endup drawing alot more people if the whole shade thing is then keeping them away aswell and then to dry off they can go to the pc it would probally be a good marketing stratagy or for a new ad aswell i reckon

Edited by jjuttp

Here's how it boils down for me: With lunch, it'd be a great idea. The food at PC is great, plus to escape the chaos of MW to Paradise Country for an hour for lunch and the Farm Tour (I figure they could offer an abridged version) I think would be a great option for many. Without lunch, not doing much for me. Still, if they're going to start offering a shuttle to PC, hopefully it won't be long before we see something between MW and WnW. Hell, on a Dive in Movie night in the middle of summer I reckon they'd be able to flog off a quite a few $24.50 afternoon rate tickets.

Edited by joz

i just had an idea using the map the richard supplied me (thanks) the lake like thinggy thats next to the exit and entry area if they wanted another batman thing to go with the area and somthing to do with a bat boat or say gremlins let loose on a boat they could probbaly end up whacking a jet boat or somting in there for/as a new attraction it would be great for people who dont want to fly to the land of the long white sheep or do it on the harbour and in a somewhat safe and controled enviroment and it would probslly endup drawing alot more people if the whole shade thing is then keeping them away aswell and then to dry off they can go to the pc it would probally be a good marketing stratagy or for a new ad aswell i reckon
I think that jet boat tours run from the SW resort, or at least somewhere close to it, because a boat was on a trailer in the resort car park, and the Gold Coast already has numerous jet boat tours. The swamp at MW has far too many dead trees and snags in it, and is a bird habitat so it wouldn't really be possible.

Cadboy regarding how they get there its a similar route that is used by the park entertainers to get to the mavrick show building but not as long you travel out from near scooby doo exit through the large doors beside the intencity game building you then travel left along the road that is right beside the out skirts of the park you go past wild west lading bay and line up then past wild west ride area then you will come across the studios you then travel past the studios and they then take you behind there to Paridise country. If you want to drive there you take a road which is on the right hand side of AOS you then travel behind it and can see all the horse stables you then go past h2o zone ad follow the road past the studios and set building areas and you no sooner arrive at PC it takes bout 5 mins. You have to catch one of the trams from the carpark at PC into the farm its self.

I don't know - You could consider it a shameless money-maker, or you could label it as thoughtful cross-promotion. Out of all of the properties, Paradise Country has to be the most under-utilised \ under performing. Attracting guests already visiting one of your properties to attend another for only an additional $10 might encourage visitors to MW to try it out, when they may not have thought about going, and paying full price to visit it previously. A short 1 hour trip to the park might give visitors the experience of the park, to bring them back, with friends, later on paying full price... Yes its a moneymaker, but it also helps support what in my opinion is underutilised assets.

Paradise Country was never intended to be a drawcard for the domestic market. It's sole reason for existence is to cater to international tour groups that are bused in and out and this is where the majority of its business lies. That's why you don't see it advertised -- it just does its own thing catering to its own market. Theme parks are intended to make money, that's not an issue, nor is cross-promotion. It's the sheer corniness of carting a tram-load of suckers, err guests, through the back-of-house of the park and over a hill to see some kangaroos and sheep... and charging them $10 for the privilege. The opportunity so plainly exists for WVTP to vastly expand on the Paradise Country concept to build a proper third gate at the Oxenford property based around a more traditional zoo experience, but I guess that'd be a discussion for another topic.