Zero Emission Ferris Wheel

strop

I thought a few people might get a kick out of this story and video I found on treehugger.com: "Southern India has a zero-emissions ride that is equally as good for laughs as it is for the environment. A fun fair operator created a ferris wheel that is human-powered. A team of men take turns hopping on the top of the wheel and riding it down to keep the wheels momentum up and passengers spinning around. See a video of the wheel in action after the jump While it saves a whole lot on emissions, I have to say if this were to be taken up in the states, I see a broken bone or two and the potential for law suits. Still, it’s a blast to watch and I wouldn’t mind going for a spin myself!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI87mH9l610 And I thought the Carnies that used to jump from car to car on the dodgems were game! The original article can be found here: http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/10/th...erris-wheel.php

yeah, but that Ferris Wheel doesn't look nearly as fun. I love how far out the guys swing at the bottom, especially towards the end of the video. I have a feeling the Indian operator probably wasn't that interested in being green and was more likely just cutting costs.

Edited by strop