batman adventure ride film

Guest Doc Brown

Guest Doc Brown

what would have happened to the original tapes and films that were used when the ride first opened, would they just have chucked it away or what? who directed the ride film, was it Tim Burton? how would i get the original ride video's, why don't they allow you to take photo's in the preshow area's

post-2367-1223460973.jpg

The rules are there due to copyright and licensing laws. The park has a license to use the footage, characters and that sort of thing but the licence does not extend to photographs being taken. The other part of it is they don't want footage being filmed to protect their ride in terms of people stealing it. At our show no video or photography is allowed for the same reason. Initially we did allow still photography without flash, unfortunately people tend to be too stupid to realise a flash can spook an animal and kill or injur someone so now there is no cameras period.

Guest Doc Brown

the photo's are for personal use and not stealing the ride, who cares. i am gonna take as many pictures as i like, it dosent hurt anyone because they are for personal use. one time i was on the ride and people were flashing like crazy, if they can do it i can too, why create the ride if they dont want people to look at their video's. I am fed up with movieworlds stupid rules, what can they do, they can't take my camera. and besides I only want pictures of the sets anyway. if they don't want people to see their dumbass video's they should blindfold us when we go into the batcave. Besides thousands of people who can't understand english probably take heaps of photo's if they can do it and not get thrown out I CAN TOO sorry but this rule is ridiculous, and someone has to realise it. it isn't fair you can take a video camera on star tours, why not the presious batman ride.

the photo's are for personal use and not stealing the ride, who cares.
In a way its like a cinema. In a cinema you aren't allowed to take a video camera in and record the movie, even if it is for personal use because doing so is an infringement of copyright. I guess rules are rules.
ne time i was on the ride and people were flashing like crazy, if they can do it i can too
Two wrongs don't make a right.
if they don't want people to see their dumbass video's they should blindfold us when we go into the batcave
So if the video is so dumb why do you want a recording of it? I guess it all comes down to movie world wanting control over their property, they would want paying customers coming to the park to experience the ride rather than watching it for free elsewhere. Granted, watching a video isn't the same as being on the ride.
what can they do, they can't take my camera
They could revoke your season pass...
it isn't fair you can take a video camera on star tours, why not the presious batman ride.
Because Disney and WVTP are different companies, with different rules. Disney is far more relaxed when it comes to taking stuff on rides, they allow you to take cameras on coasters with loops for example.
Batman is nuts, I am not. lol the stupid idiot seems to lash out at anyone and everyone from the other topics that i read, i am not as sneaky as him, i dont break the law, i actually have a friend who works in the park. he helps me get my pics. The people who say no photography on the batman ride dont mind if you take pics of the set when the video is over. Basically they don't out of their seats flashing away- it ruins the atmosphere.
Pretty sure you guys are both the same person, not that I ever thought otherwise....

They could revoke your season pass...
Really :blink: Wouldn't you get a warning and the video material confascated?
i dont break the law
You will if you go ahead with your plan.
The people who say no photography on the batman ride dont mind if you take pics of the set when the video is over.
Sounds to me like you are trying to justify yourself/actions I find it funny to find someone so interested in boring, old Batman Adventure Ride. :lol: Edited by cadboy

Really :blink: Wouldn't you get a warning and the video material confascated?
I know at Dreamworld (and i presume MW would be quite similar), No personal material can be confiscated, regardless of the nature of it (to a certain degree anyway). You can be asked to dispose of the footage in presence of a staff member, but if you refuse it is instantly referred to security, who in conjunction with the duty manager may request that you leave the premises. This happens every now and then, particularly when people get caught taking on ride footage of rides like tower and drop. Drop is particularly stringent with checking of hands and pockets prior to dispatching the ride. Same policy applies to people taking photos of ride photo preview screens. Operators are supposed to prevent it, but if it happens and they arent able to stop the person, the photo is given to security who then deal with it. Many annual passes have been confiscated due to breaches of these policies.

Doc brown we have had a similar discussion before about this issue i tried to look for it but couldn't find it. But as said in the forum and from my understanding and i haven't been told any different the park you may take pictures of the set inside the ride as it is for show and i know even when I'm in the park as a guest and i go on the ride lots of guest's take pictures of the set inside and ride attendants don't mind as long its not during the films eg. Pre show and show.

Another thought to consider is, and i'm only talking about the motion section, how you hold a camera. Typically it used to be against your eye thus when the ride makes one of it sudden moves you end up with a black eye. Now days people use the LCD screens typically but this still presents a "risk" in the sense that you are "supposed" to hold on at all times, plus you could still accidentally trow the camera and knock someone out LOL. Thats my understanding of why you cant record on the ride itself. Doc i thought you used to work at MW, did you not work on this ride?

I use to work at MW, there are a couple of main issues with filming and taking photos during the actual ride is going. 1. For guests who are not use to the simulator the aggressive and shocking sudden movements could easily make an arm swing and hit themselves, or another guest in the face. 2. Flash photography will NOT work inside the simulator, the screen is a projection, and any photo taken with a flash will show up as a white projector screen when you get it home. 3. It's tacky! I don't want to sit immersed in a pre-show to see someones flash going off taking photos. 4. It's in MW's best interests not to let people film and upload the pre-shows at Batman. Last time I went it was extremly dodgy and looked very low budget. 5. Like it or not, you are on WVTP property, Movieworld can make the rules. If they don't want you filming or taking pictures, that's that. Maybe you could write to them saying your a massive fan and you would love to take pics. They might write back and give you permission. Anyway, just my opinions, not those of MW but what i've kind of worked out from working there.

Nathanparmenters points are all clear and precis as to the rules for the attraction, you are more than welcome to take pictures of the set eg the library, bat cave and the pod stations as long as it is before or after any pre show or show entertainment. The sets and stuff in the ride attraction are to be showed off as movieworld is proud of the fact of how much attention to detail they put into there rides. In the case of videoing or taking pictures of the pre show or show entertainment it is strictly prohibited on the attraction.