Wonderland got Busy!

Nightshifter

Yep I know more, it was the CFMEU picnic day which happens every December at Wonderland. Wonderland were expecting 15,000+ people. Yes that is the right number of zeros behind that 15. The park was open from 9-6. Is anyone is wondering what the CFMEU is? If anyone noticed there were basically no building sites being worked on yesterday. (Its the building industries union) "The Bus is now leaving for Micronesia"

Does anyone know the attendance figure for Wonderland on the Saturday before the CFMEU day? I was packed! As for Wet n' Wild having 7000, thats less then half the figure Wonderland got on Monday. Wonderland got the highest attendance of any park in Australia this year and will do every union day. Try getting numbers like that to fit into the Gold Coast parks, I think not! "The Bus is now leaving for John Catch a Cow, Pitcairn Island"

the fact sydney has nearly 4 million one would expect the park to have that number. but gold coast kills wl every other day. And as for wet n wild I agree with JOZ thats great numbers for a water park which is at least half the size of the rest of the parks in australia.

but there are more rides to ride at wet n wild that wonderland itself, wueing for a ride at wonderland on such a high attendance is amazing, the park still attracts a fair few people when it wants to. the park isnt down the gutter, people say that the park will close down, i think its starting to build back up again, which will lead to more popularity and maybe more rides, like dreamworld, their popularity is high so they maintain that popularity by surprising visitors every year with new rides of different designs. i think when luna park sydney reopens wonderland may loose their popularity becasue then there is something different to go to. luna park sydney is unique in every way and people like new, people like different.

Joz said: Dude, I think you missed my point, Wet 'n' Wild is a water park and got 7000 on a normal operating day out of the holidays. Not a special event, just normal operations on a day there wasn't a dive in movie.
This is one day on the weekend, what are the numbers like during the week? I bet they have similar if not worse numbers then Wonderland. Does W'n'W close during the winter? And before we get back into the attendance debate remeber Wonderland gets loads of school groups during the week. "The Bus is now leaving for Suriname"

Wonderland gets over one million visitors per year. That's pretty equal with Dreamworld. Wonderland receives MASSIVE amounts of school and group tour bookings... even more than usual around this time of year. The place is apparantley packed out every day at the moment - rain, hail or shine. It's the only thing like it in Sydney so I guess they don't have to do too much to keep up that momentum.