Mirror Maze returning permanently to Luna Park

Ranger Dude

I was at Luna Park tonight and noticed in Coney Island a sign saying "Mirror Maze is coming back, opening soon"; and there was some construction going on underneath the slippery dips. The ride op said that they are rebuilding the old mirror maze that used to be inside the old Davy Jones Locker attraction many years ago - based on the plans of the original. It's due to open late November. Should be interesting.....

I was at Luna Park tonight and noticed in Coney Island a sign saying "Mirror Maze is coming back, opening soon"; and there was some construction going on underneath the slippery dips. The ride op said that they are rebuilding the old mirror maze that used to be inside the old Davy Jones Locker attraction many years ago - based on the plans of the original. It's due to open late November. Should be interesting.....
Well they shouldn't interfere with Coney Island which is the only original heritage attraction in the park just so they can house this mirror maze. I strongly agree with returning the maze but it should go somewhere other than Coney such as the building under the Wild Mouse. But ofcourse Luna Park will want to keep that area for their precious functions

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, I think that returning the Mirror Maze to Coney Island is a fantastic idea that will only enhance an already extremely popular attraction. However this must be done delicately and must not disturb or remove anything of historical significance from the funhouse. Still, there is plenty of unused space in this area and it will be a sensational addition to the other old school aspects of this icon from another era. I remember that the Mirror Maze used to be housed in the Crystal Palace when I was a kid and really loved it!! I think it will be a success-can any one name another Mirror Maze attraction these days? Of course it must be done correctly and sympathetically to the historical needs of Coney Island. It does prove that Luna Park Sydney are not above exploring their past for their future. Two thumbs up from me!! ;) Cheers Jobe

Well they shouldn't interfere with Coney Island which is the only original heritage attraction in the park
Hmmm GoGoboy that is not entirely correct.Coney Island isnt the only heritage attraction at the park, but it is the oldest. The Rotor is also a heritage attraction from the Park's past and was first added in the 1950's. Similarly,the Wild Mouse is also the original attraction that was built by Ted Hopkins in the late 1950's. Closely related to these is the orginal pipe organ that used to be utilised in the original PTC carousel at the park. It IS sad that so few old school attractions remain in the park but we must be grateful for what is there and vigilant that they remain for generations to come!! Now if they return The River Caves to the park in some form would be a cause for celebration indeed!! :P Cheers Jobe