marvin the martian in the 3rd dimension

Guest Doc Brown

Marvin the Martian was nothing like Shrek 4-D, It never a pre-show, nor was the room before the theatre themed as cleverly as Shrek's. It did not have the amazing effects like the moving chairs, nor was the movie better than Shrek. Shrek is an amazing ride and is why it is one of the best 4-D rides in the world!!! Marvin The Martian didn't come anywhere Shrek, Shrek was defiently a worthwhile attraction!!! Don't get me wrong Marvin The Martian was very good especially in its old day I really enjoyed it. I can't really remember the story line, so don't criticiseme to hard as to how acurate this is anyone: but Daffy was a movie star and was angry at Bugs getting all the roles.... anyway he somehow ended up on mars fighting and trying to stop Marvin's plans to destroy earth... it worked but I can't really remember how it ended!!! Can anyone else remember the full stroy??? Anyway yes it was a good attraction but Shrek is hell of a lot better!!! After all this is a Universal attraction!!!

Edited by Original

They would just pay a nice sum of money for the rights to use the name, video and other rights related to the Shrek franchise, In the same way that The Wiggles are distributed by Village Roadshow and Warner Bros. around the world, yet have one of their mini parks in Dreamworld. Also Six Flags Magic Mountain is building their Terminator themed coaster, Terminator 3 is owned by Warner Bros., T2 by Tr-Star Pictures and Terminator by MGM which links with Disney

Edited by DonjaiInLA

Marvin the martin back in the day was a really good old Movie World attraction that would most times have a full showing. The same building and show layout exists you would go in to first room like you do in shrek and you would watch a movie on 3 different TV monitors which showed you how 3D worked after that you would then enter the cinema. Normal style seating as you would see in any cinema was installed. Water effects from Daffy's spiting while talking came from the sprinklers above. The plot to the film was pretty much as Original explained. I remember when i was younger with my family i video the movie and took the glasses home to see if it would work mind you i was like 8. I still have the copy. But i disagree with you Doc brown in the fact shrek is much better than Marvin could have ever been. Its like said before a universal attraction cloned to suit our venue it is a very good show mind you it most times will have a full showing due to the excellent timing of other shows in main street that finish just as shrek starts guests find that to be perfect timing.

Guest Doc Brown

i guess you correct in that shrek definetly has more too it, i just miss marvin the martian in the 3rd dimension is all, could you upload the video pleeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!!!!!! i really want to see it desperatly, in fact i can give you something in return, i have found footage of the movie magic special fx show and many other old rides, here's the linkthe video p.s. does anyone have any footage or pics of the original wild wild west adventure ride sign and/ or video of the attraction when it was called wild wild west adventure ride and had all of the special effects. oh and by the way i went on the marvin the martian in the 3rd dimension ride many times, but i dont remember much about it

Edited by Gazza
Please only upload relevant images

Guest Doc Brown

stop being a idiots to me!!!!!!! i am a fellow member with the same intrests as you, i dont deserve these rude comments, it has been at least 3 to 4 year since the ride was still open, i dont remember it very well!!

OMG why did you change your avatar to the same as Gazza's only different colour? Original I THINK NOT!!!!! What is it with you and defunct ride/attractions Doc Brown. Seems as if every thread you start is about an old show or ride at Movie world.

i dont deserve these rude comments
Don't you?
the stupid idiot seems to lash out at anyone and everyone from the other topics that i read
i dont understand the rest of that drivel you wrote in your crappy post.
movie magic special effects show was at movieworld you dumbass
so why the hell did you ask the question when it is obvious,

Guest Doc Brown

i am facinated by old attractions because as a child the atmostphere of movieworld was amazing to me, it was those great original attractions that i enjoyed the most, movieworld sucks now, with stupid attractions like scooby doo and hollywood stuntdriver and the craphole of a roof they put over there amazing sets, all of the new rides like superman, batwing, shrek 4d and a crappy new stunt show make the place miserable, the atmospehere of warner bros. movieworld has been destroyed permanently, i am merely trying to gain some insight on what is used to be like. i have found old moviewolrd commmercials showing the gremlins ride, batman adventure the ride, and other stuff aswell on old vhs tapes, i dont wish to share the information i found anymore as i would be sharing with people who are mean and pathetic. the warner bros. styling has been destroyed now by attractions like: shrek 4d hollywood stuntdriver batman adventure the ride 2 batwing spaceshot and many others THE ROOF LOOKS TERRIBLE!!!!!!!! i'm not the only one taking photo's on the batman ride

post-2367-1225873103_thumb.jpg

Edited by Doc Brown

movieworld sucks now, with stupid attractions like scooby doo and hollywood stuntdriver and the craphole of a roof they put over there amazing sets,
How the hell is Scooby a stupid attraction ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Tell me why, what is your reasoning behind hating it, is it because it is not a batman themed ride the resembles the original Batman adventure but on wheels.
all of the new rides like superman, batwing, shrek 4d and a crappy new stunt show make the place miserable, the atmospehere of warner bros. movieworld has been destroyed permanently, i am merely trying to gain some insight on what is used to be like.
Why MW would waste $10 million dollars on a Space shot ride when they could have made a walk through attraction that paid homage to Batman adventure is beyond me. How stupid to add new attractions that ruin the atmosphere when they could leave all the originals in there places. :rolleyes: let's turn the park into a museum shall we. You must be seriously screwed up to thing SE is a stupid ride. It is the best coaster in the southern hemisphere and currently rated 32nd in the world, 16th when it first came out. Now how does a so called 'stupid' ride get in the top 50 coasters around the world?
the warner bros. styling has been destroyed now by attractions like: shrek 4d hollywood stuntdriver batman adventure the ride 2 batwing spaceshot and many others
Such a stupid, stupid, stupid thing to say.
I'm not the only one taking photo's on the batman ride
whose that, your girlfriend? I am sick and tired of your immature silly little posts, grow up. Rant over- Edit: OMG you have changed your avatar to Gazza's fully now. Doesn't it bother you Gav? Edited by cadboy

GAZZA DOES NOT OWN THE IMAGE PARAMALAT DOES, I AM ALLOWEd TO CHANGE MY AVATAR ANy WAY I LIKEYeah
But clearly you are only doing it to mimic me. Are you saying that you would have put it up the same image even if I didn't have it? Don't you realise, if you write ranting posts, you leave yourself open to negative responses. Look, I don't know, I was nice enough to send you a PM a couple of weeks back giving some advice a couple of weeks back on how to fit better in but you've chosen to ignore it, earlier in this thread you claimed to be turning over a new leaf, and that lasted about an hour. As a member, what are you bringing to the table? Just stop being silly. Edited by Gazza

I'd help you out here Doc brown but there is probably no real point. I did the same thing as Gazza sent you a PM giving you help and advice and you choose to ignore us both. Your not going to be very well liked if your gonna go and send out blunt opinions like Movieworld sucks its ****, this site is here to promote those who like theme parks so its probably not going to go down to well is it. Its just like me saying theme parks suck they are a waste of space in our country, I'm sure that would kick up a stink and everyone would have a go at me. Your how old 15 maybe older, probably show a little maturity and stop calling people names might be a good start your not going to find your self attacked at if you stop being rude, people aren't going to have a go at you for liking old movie world attractions if you don't be rude to others everyone is going to find as many things to hit you with because they want to shut you down until you learn to show a bit of decency on the forums it clearly annoys people when you be rude to there friends. Its just like me and my spelling i took there advice and well i have no problems, in my prospective i have gained respect from those on the site now am i right??????????????

He needs a good smack around the head, that will sort the Doc out. But in all seriousness, Doc Brown, every active member on parkz is telling you that your being very immature and writing pointless stupid posts... did you stop to think that maybe you are? We aren't attacking you, we aren't all against you, we are trying to help you out, so just do the part and think about what you write and think about the advice we give you.

Did anyone notice that he uploaded a picture of a Gremlin on another thread? My question is, if Movie World had left all its old attractions as Doc Brown's valid opinion, would attendence at Movie World be so low that the park would have closed? I know plenty a primary school student who wouldnt be able to tell you what a Gremlin is...

sure the defunct rides bring back memories of all the parks over the forums, but how could you say the rides now are worse, scooby doo was better than gremlins, superman escape is better than the movie fx show, and if you find it hard to believe me , then look at their attendance rate from 1990's to now, more people are coming back because we have 1 or 2 world class rides e.g.: superman escape.