MaJoR luNa PaRk SyDnEy UpDaTe!

Nightshifter

luna park sydney has progressed really well and has now started to advertise everything about the park. luna park sydney recently in the last week launched a really good website giving details of the new luna park sydney with a few old past photos. The Crystal Palace already is opened at luna park from october. the park officially opens to the general public for free admission in march 2004. the price of rides are as follow: green lunas - 3 tickets to ride blue lunas - 5 tickets to ride red lunas - 6 tickets to ride $3.00 - 3 lunas $10 - 12 lunas $20 - 30 lunas unlimited ride pass - $35 familly pass 2 adults 2 children - $95 this seems pretty fair the park opens with a big celebration and the hours of park operation is outstanding from monday - thursday - 11 am - 6pm friday - 11 am - 12 midnight saturday - 10am - 12 midnight sunday and public holidays - 11 am - 6pm the new website features history of the park, operators, pictures and descriptions of rides, the parks newsletters updates and everything about the park you can imagine. please everyone the website www.lunaparksydney.com is worth a look, and a visit when the park reopens please theres plenty more to look at, thankyou

Thanks for letting us know about the new site nightsthifter... it certainly looks better than the old one. I'm a little bit concerned though as there is no mention of the wild mouse under the 'rides' section. Every other ride is mentioned and has a photo. Is it possible the mouse won't be re-opening with the park? I heard that they were having some problems refurbishing the ride. The mouse is mentioned in other areas of the site and they have previously promised that it would return but it just seems strange that it is not listed with the other rides.

Dont worry Goboi, The Wild Mouse is defintely being retained. For one it also has a heritage order put on it. The trouble you heard was that they had a difficulty in getting new timber supports for its refurbishment. Nothing too major. Come March, the Wild Mouse will be open with all the other refurbished rides. Interestingly, on one of their newsletters, they definelty state that they are looking to introduce new rides for the March opening. Just what shape or form or number of new rides is not yet known but this is extremely encouraging. I hope that they get at least 3 major flat rides rethemed to old incarnations of the park's former rides( like Tumblebug etc). I feel about 12 rides would be a fairly good mix plus the Luna Circus and other non-ride related attractions. My question is though- what flat ride or similar would you like to see introduced to Luna Park??? I would personally like to see a Huss Rainbow( in the original plans of the 95' incarnation) or a Chaos. I will E-mail the park to see if I illicit any reaction or info.....will also ask about any plans(if any) for the River Caves reintroduction!!! Will post when I get something!! Comments anyone?? Cheers Jobe

well if im not mistaken the newly kids area will be retained behind coney island and their idea of new rides could be the traditional meery go round, i think if they are opening a new ride it would be placed near the ferris wheel where the kids rides once stood. A good ride for luna park would definately be a space probe drop ride, minimal space (its a pole) and very exciting and extreme.

Nightshifter, The childrens area behind Coney Island is a NEW feature so it can hardly be retained. This area is where the Old Dipper's sidewinder was located. It is where all the childrens rides will be located plus the Ranger. If you look at the Luna Park website more closely you will find that on their list of rides there is already a carousel included. This will house Luna Parks historical old pipe organ and will be directly behid the entrance mouth-the first thing you see on the midway as you walk in. It therefore cannot be construed as one of the new rides to be looked at for the March opening. Near the Ferris Wheel where the kids rides were located stands now a 2 storey restaurant and cafe, so unfortunately there is no more room here for new rides. A space probe like ride would be no good at all for Luna Park. This has been covered in previous posts. It would be too contentious and too tall and would attract to much attention from the residents. The operators of Luna Park would want to be avoiding that at all costs. Yeah it would fit in easily but the neagatives far outweigh the positives. The only real room that I can see is now in the space behind Coney Island. If they get 2 new rides that would equal what was there in '95. However I feel that they should get at least 3 more as there is no major drawcard like the Dipper. A balance of about 12 rides would deliver decent thrills (Wild Mouse/ Ranger) and also the ability to take in several shows would make for quite a family outing. I think that the new rides will be of the carnival type. What do you guys think will be brought in?? What would you like to see?-given the already existing rides, what would best complement them?? Cheers Jobe

It annoys me a bit the way the park big notes itself by saying how wonderful they are for retaining all of the 'popular' and 'famous' luna park rides. The fact is that most of these rides are extremely basic 2nd hand travelling flats that were brought in for the 95 incarnation. It would be nice if they introduced some slightly more modern flat rides (like some of the new Huss stuff) or even some custom rides. But hey, once again, it all comes back to money. By the way the first of the supports for the wild mouse have started being erected so that is a good sign.

I agree Goboi. They are basically 2nd hand travelling rides. However I think they are mostly alluding to the historical rides like Coney Island, The Wild Mouse and The Rotor. You make a good point in saying that they should get some of the newer Huss rides or even something unique or custom If one or 2 new custom rides were introduced this then would put Luna Park in a much more attractive position in giving people reason to visit. Any ideas on what you would like to see?? Given the space and residential restrictions -lets keep it realistic!! Cheers Jobe :mrgreen:

I just hope NONE of wittingslows rides go there, it would be a shame to see them just put in the park, IN ANOTHER STATE, since wittingslow were melbourne based, and we got to see them here alot! also, them huss rides arent from the 95' era, try 88 when they featured at EXPO88' in queensland, wittingslow picked up RANGER, RAINBOW, BREAKDANCE and UFO very cheap, which was great, b4 then wittingslow had already purchased 2 enterprises, and a pirate, the enterprise that operates here at our luna park, operated for some time in sydneys lp, and then came here, and the other enterprise remained travelling, and is currently in hong kong doing the worlds carnival, with Pirate, which is sad, in this pic you can see the chinese have put a DAMN aweful new sign on the ride, now the question is, will it return home.............

• 1 month later...