Wonderland Vs Luna Park

Daniel

Any ideas on what Wonderland is going to do to compete with Luna Park when it's back in full swing? For atleast the first 3 months, it's going to be a novelty again and I think Wonderland numbers will struggle even more so than normal during this period. Any suggestions on ways to compete? What will they have to do to pinch Luna Park's guests? March/April should be an interesting time at Wally World one would predict. Don't forget the Easter show is on around this time too, so for most families it's going to be only one of the 3 those Easter Holidays. What will Wally World have to do to convince the public to go there during this time rather than Loony Park?

to tell you the truth wonderlands popularity will not drop when luna park reopens, they never had any people go in before and it wont happen again. theres no roller coaster except that cloned wild mouse thats been rotting for years ontop of the dodgems and the park is to small. western people will not travel to the city to luna park, its free of entry but there are no rides. for an unlimited ride pass $35 you should spend the extra $10 to ride a roller coaster with 3 loops (Demon) a large wooden roller coaster (bush beast) a water park (beach) small carnival rides, thrill rides (space probe) and a mad water ride (river rampage) theres more to do more space and cheaper to go to wonderland than luna park. they wont loose park attendances over luna park.

Oh Please!! As if Wonderland would have to pull out something to counter the re-opening of Luna Park. All Luna Park is a permanent Easter Show with one crappy, old coaster. Shifty's got it right when he (or she) talks about the price. Yes Luna Park is a Sydney icon but when the Big Dipper was removed that was it for the park. I think they want staff, if your applying make sure your from a trailer park or you are your sister's father. "The Bus is now leaving for Little George Coc'nuts, Pitcairn Island"

Get off your high horse Wonderbus you knucklehead. Ofcourse people are going to go and check out Luna Park. It will be a novelty again. You know aswell as I do that Easter at Wonderland is their slowest holiday period due to the Easter show already. People will want to see the revamped Looney Park. Don't deny it. I'll be interested. Won't pay for either but that ain't the point.... People will want to go and check out Luna and won't do Wonderland aswell. One or the other, and while Luna Park is a novelty that will take the cake. Luna Park hasn't been open for years, Wonderland hasn't changed (for the better anyway :twisted: ).

but the easter show is that 1 time of the year, and its not just rides even though there are around 50 of them. there are stacks of rides, 3 roller coaster 2 of which are wild mouses and many thrill rides, of course people will go to the easter show, there are showbags as well, pavillions, shows, BMX shows in the superdome and the one and only easter show (the man from snowy river). its obvious people will go to that. luna park has what 7 rides and thats it.

Yes but Luna Park will be a novelty for the first couple of months. People are going to want to check it out again. Howcome you can't comprehend this? I'm only talking about the first couple of months here, incorporating the Easter holidays. I for one, would want to go see the revamped Luna Park before I payed 50 bucks to get into Wonderland. Everyone's seen Wally World a trillion times, and Luna Park will be a change. People will want to check it out, I'll guarantee it to you. I'm not sure how anybody in their right mind could deny this. Not only would you just go to Luna Park but you'd make it a whole day out, spend time walking around the Quay, Darling Harbour, head over to Manly or whatever... A great family day out.

The way its been described, I don't think it'll detract a great deal from WLS anyway. I reckon those from the west will see it as a 'trip to the sity' rather then a family day out. More about shopping, seeing the odd site and a ride or two. But when it comes to spending a day out at a theme park, Wonderland will still be the main goal. LP doesn't have half the rides it needs to compete in that market, although I do think it'll go quite well.

well I think luna park will go good for a while with the local visitors but it good for a long time with the over seas visitors becuse of its location and its history.luna park might not have as many rides but it has a more of a carnival feeling to it that some people like and I think soon luna park will change again like they might get another coaster like the big dipper and I hope they do. mrgreen And daniel im trying keep my language English okay.

Haha good on ya mate. :D Keep plugging away. Good English I don't think Chippo! :twisted: They won't get another coaster. That's the reason everyone got sodded off with Luna Park in the first place... The residents didn't approve of it roaring past their window every few minutes. Tough toe nails I say. The point that some seem to be missing is people will go check it out again. Whether they go back a second time remains to be seen. I'm not saying Wonderland will suffer in the long term because of Luna Park, but while it's still a novelty it will.

There are some valid points to be made in this discussion. Firstly i feel that the re-opening of Luna Park isnt going to adversley affect the number of visitors to Wonderland. :) However,Wonderbus i think you have it totally wrong though. Luna Park is much MORE than a permanent Easter show with "one crappy old coaster" :twisted: Firstly they are aiming Luna Park at a different market than what Wonderland is pitched at. Once opened Luna Park is going to have corporate and business function centres that far outweigh what Wonderland can presently offer. 4 fully self contained rooms each with their own distinct theming plus a 2000 seat indoor tiered room that can be utilised for anything-rock concerts,shows,performances etc!! You have new eateries and cafes' which will appeal to families. Plus you have the rides. Admittedly there arent as many as Wonderland and there are no major coasters but when they eventually open they will have about 12 major rides, which isnt too bad. Besides where else in Sydney can you ride a Coaster like the Wild Mouse or a Ferris Wheel at 10pm at night overlooking the best harbour in the world??? Certainly not Wonderland thats for sure!! And that brings us to something that Luna Park has which IMHO Wonderland will never really have-atmosphere. Utilising its unique location and its awseome history and heritage plus its nostalgic rides and features and you have a a location that is unrivalled for atmosphere in Australia. Period. So treat the place with a little respect ok?? It is distinctly different from Wonderland and it pains me to read uninformed comment like the ones Wonderbus trotted out in this forum!! :evil: I think that the park will succeed very well as long as they get quality shows and performances to keep attracting repeat visits. The best thing going for the park is its history and location and I think that given some time some surprises could be had in the way of thrills at Luna Park Good discussion though!!! Cheers Jobe

Get of my high horse huh? The demographic that Luna Park and Wonderland will be or are aiming for will be completely different from each other. So the crowds for Wonderland will not be reduced. Tell me this: If Wonderland's crowds have diminshed over the last few years, which everyone seems to think, were the crowds smaller when Luna Park was open previously? With a major roller coaster I might add. Yes Luna Park will be novelty but as with all new toys the novelty wears off after a while and you go back to what your used to. Ok now on to the last post.

Jobe said:  So treat the place with a little respect ok?? It is distinctly different from Wonderland and it pains me to read uninformed comment like the ones Wonderbus trotted out in this forum!!  
Yes I will and do give Luna Park the respect it deserves. Luna Park will be different from Wonderland, in as much as it had it's hey-day in the 1930's and has long lost it's appeal to the majority of young people in Sydney. This is partially beacuse of the fact that there are no major thrill rides which, lets face it, is what everyone on this forum loves so much. As for my comments being 'uninformed' you have no idea who I am, what I do or my background. Just beacuse you dont agree with my comments doesn't mean that it's 'uninformed'. "The Bus is now leaving for "Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit", the poetic name of Bangkok, Thailand"

If you'd have read more accurately you'd have discovered that I know it won't be a long term threat. I'm only talking about on the short term- The first 3 months, including the Easter Holidays you nuffy. I've lost count the number of times I've said 'NOVELTY'. What are the respective demographics being targeted? How can they be so different? Surely they're not. Luna Park will be more suitable for younger guests (up to we'll say 10), but still want the 16-39 demographic. They're the ones who are going to be spending the money aren't they? Luna Park is definitely more suitable for younger families than Wonderland. As for Blow Jobes comment, be careful old son. You don't know how much fire Wonderbus has in their belly. I strongly disagree with your uninformed remark. It could come back to bite you on the clacker soon enough. A friendly word of warning though. He's right you have no idea who any of us are.

Well!!! Hasnt that stirred the pot a little. :o Firstly Wonderbus. Lets examine your post. I was referring to you being uninformed whereby you stated that "all Luna Park is a permanent Easter Show with one crappy old rollercoaster." :evil: Yeah right. That IS REALLY showing respect to the place.I countered THAT in my last post showing you the how the park is improving its corporate and party appeal by having a multitude of function and convention centres available for any number of corporate, social or retail uses PLUS its historical and current rides. This isnt taking into account its perfect location and unrivalled atmosphere,which was all stated quite logically in my last post. So please ensure you read whole posts before attempting to rebut anyone. Facts first. Cool. ;) And you are quite correct. I dont know who you are or what you do. Dont want to.Dont NEED to. I am commenting purely on what you have presented in these forums and unfortunately this time you left yourself open to a little criticism. It wasnt a personal attack. If you dont want to attract this type of attention,then do not post inflammatory material. If you had bothered to digest the whole of my post,you would have found thatI was actually agreeing with you on the subject of the post....that is that Luna Park won't adversely affect Wonderland's patronage. So i therefore stand by my comment of ill-informed and feel its is justified in this instance. :D Now Mr Daniel. Quote- As for Blow Jobes comment, be careful old son. You don't know how much fire Wonderbus has in their belly. I strongly disagree with your uninformed remark. It could come back to bite you on the clacker soon enough. A friendly word of warning though. He's right you have no idea who any of us are. :?: Mate...the sooner you give some people on this board a little more respect the better off we will be. The name is Jobe. I did NOT give you leave to call me by anything else :x and I know that you have been chipped by both Thunder and Joz for the same thing. So DO not call me that again please. You may find it humorous. I dont. :twisted: As for myself allegedly making an uninformed post,I consider myself to be an amateur historian of the park, and are deeply intimate with its colourful history,both past and present. I do not pretend to know more that what i do and only comment on what I know and what I am 100% confident in answering. Wonderbus's comment before certainly to me wasnt giving the place the respect it does deserve and did come through as very ill-informed so I will stand by it. I am sure you can see the discrepencies in what he calls respect. So..after all that no hard feelings. We are all here to discuss things that we love!! 8) Good discussion Cheers Jobe :mrgreen:

Jobester, I never said you made an uninformed remark. I never said you were uninformed. Go back and read it again and get back to me. Sincere congratulations on being so intimate with a theme park anyway... All the best with that. Thanks for making me aware that you're not fond of the name calling. As much as I don't understand you being so uptight about it, I will move on. Just plain old Jobe from now on. You boring sods :twisted: hehe. No hard feelings anyway mate... I'm over it. Waiting keenly for your reply, 'Danny Fanny'- Jaggs, 2003

Hey just leave it at this wonderland is better at the moment and it always will be unless luna park dose somthing new that brings it back up so just leave it at that okay. mrgreen And again Daniel I hope that is the english you speak.

Jobe, Jobe Jobester. Looks like your a bit touchy on this subject aren't you? Oh no I left myself open for critisim! Unlike you I can take it. Did I ever say or imply that you disagreed with what I said about the target demographics? Ok tell me what rides Luna Park will be having and what rides next years Easter Show will have. About the only difference between the two is that the Easter Show will have more rides and they are not cemented into the ground. I couldn't be bothered to read the rest of your post so I don't know if there is anything else for me to reply to. BTW my name is wonderbus2003 or Bussy not Wonderbus. "The Bus is now picking up Isaias Afwerki (1993) President of Eritrea"

*sigh* I feel like I am repeating myself..... Quote-AGAIN "As for Blow Jobes comment, be careful old son. You don't know how much fire Wonderbus has in their belly. I strongly disagree with your uninformed remark. It could come back to bite you on the clacker soon enough. A friendly word of warning though. He's right you have no idea who any of us are." Ok the way I read this is thus. You are saying that Wonderbus has fire in the belly and that you strongly disagree with my uninformed remark. That is of course if that is what you meant to convey. The diction and tense seem to be all wrong and well i cant really be sure. Enlighten me. Who exactly are you directing your comment to?? It isnt really clear. And there is no way you are getting a apology outta me Denial!!! Maybe a beer but no bloody apology!!! I am over it!!! :D Wonderbus(no sorry BussY!!!)- mate I am not really touchy on this or any subject. I merely pointed out that you should give a little respect to the park and that your comment wasnt. You disagreed and I logically showed you what you said and the context in how u were wrong. Now you say that you cant be bothered to read the rest of my post.....grow up old son!!! You sound like a 5 year old kid with no real comeback!! Go away and learn to argue logically and coherently without resorting to personal insults. Besides we aren't really here to argue but to discuss. Y dont we all kiss and make up and build a bridge and get over it. I know I have!!! :rolleyes: And Daniel...you can kiss my ass!!!! :D and then BUY me a beer!!! Cheers Jobe :mrgreen:

Jobe, You're repeating yourself for no reason old son. I was saying I disagree with your comment in regards to Bussy making uninformed comments. I did not mean to convey that you were making uninformed comments for one second my good man. All I was saying is you're wrong. Pu, I mean Bussy, may very well be a little more informed than some may imagine. I was just giving you a friendly word of warning. That's all I was saying. Bus can be a real bitch and slaps hard! Maybe I was drunk at the time, or tired, or both for that matter, but I can still make sense out of it anyway.... Maybe your brain can't grasp my superior use of the English language. Anyone with a brain bigger than the size of a pea could probably understand that. :twisted: You say no apology, but I know you're sorry, I do, it's ok mate... I forgive you 8) You're telling Bussy not to result to personal insults, but that's the best part you moron! :twisted: It's what makes this forum the fun it is. Otherwise it can get as boring as batsh*t sometimes!!! Problem is, if I kissed your ass, you may enjoy it... :twisted: All the best big fella. Finally someone that isn't soft and will bite back. Finally... FINALLY...!!! Love your work old son. I drink Crowny's mate. Ta.

Jobes I think Daniel's comment was pretty clearly directed at you considering it had your name in the first few words! No I won't give Luna Park the 'respect it deserves' cause I don't think that it is up to standard as a 'theme park', if you want to call it that. You have even said yourself that:

From here: "They are basically 2nd hand travelling rides."
This comment leads me to believe that you think the same about Luna Park as I do, its a permeant Easter Show. By the way where was the personal comment in my previous post? For the life of me I can't see it. As for me being a 5 year old, im going to tell my Mummy on you!! Daniel don't compare me to a domesticated cat please. "The Bus is now picking up Marc Forné Molné (1994) President of Andorra"

Bussy, At no time have I ever designated Luna Park as a theme park!! Its a fun park.Always has been. Hopefully always will be. And as to my comments that they are basically 2nd hand travelling rides....well of course they are!! Its true!! However that doesnt mean I support your view of Luna Park likening it to a permanent Easter Show. :x All I was wanting to point out that Luna Park is a historic Sydney icon with volumes more atmosphere than the Easter show could ever muster. 8) Thats what really sets it apart. Its perfect location and now its slant towards functions,receptions,parties,concerts,shows and corporate meetings give it an angle that the Easter show or even Wonderland cant match. I will concede that the majority of its rides can be found at the Show but it still has some links to its historical past in the Rotor and Coney Island(both being special for their uniqueness.) So therefore once you take the sum of Luna Park's parts, its whole is really much more than just describing it as a tired old show. Denial thankyou for your concern. You will have to earn a apology outa me and you havent even come close!! Nope-I have reread your post and I have come to the conclusion that it really is too vague. You MUST have been tired or strung out on what ever drugs you take to keep your decrepid body alive and your vacuous mind awake as you indulge in some sick fantasy that your mind has devised-you know the one...the one where you think u are quite clever and that everyone likes you and that you actually have some respect? Then you wake up and your bubble bursts!! ;) As you can see, my command of the English language is quite strong and I dont think you are as superior as you think!!! 8) Also a word of warning ..I can bitchslap just as well!!! :twisted: I love Crown's. As long as your buying!! :P You are right bout one thing though. I am enjoying the witty repartee!!! ;) Cheers to you both Jobe :mrgreen: