WLS Update 6/1/03.......THE RED TRAIN RETURNS!

Jaggie

Hey guys, Got back from Wonderland yesterday and was so tired that i didn't feel like posting. Anyway i will now tell you some of the new things that were there this weekend, - Liam will know this one- You know when you first enter goldrush there was those green poles and i said they will put a sign of some kind up there, well they have, there is a Spiderman painted climbing a skyscraper. Looks good. - Down the road to the beach where the Sundown theartre is there is a big white tent that they have constructed, this after i asked a few people will be used for xmas functions. - Saturday nights, Snowy River Rampage and Bush Beast will close at 8pm - The lion cage is no different really from last week, - The quick pathway from transilvania down to Goldrush has been closed off and there is scafolding around the action arena probably prepairing for the new Marvel show to hit at Xmas, - And the news you all have been awaiting........................ THE RED TRAIN IS BACK! Yes i rode the red train for the first time first ride yesterday and i must say that it feels alot more solid than the yellow one. The ride op there also told me that they were doing to the yellow train what they did to the red, but in alot shorter time and they will have two train operation in time for the school holidays!

Just got back from today's visit, and yes ofcourse I have photos! They couldn't get Bush Beast up and running today, the red train kept getting stuck on the bottom of the lift hill. There was a lot of testing going on. Unfortunately the train does once again stop on the turn around. I have some pictures of nearly everything you mentioned, including the scaffolding going on with the action arena. I will send the photos to Ian as soon as possible. ~Liam

Which green poles are you talking about? :? Snowy and Bush Beast will be closed after 8:00 due to the visibility issue (or lack of it). Put people back up in the towers of a night I say. You don't know how hard it is to see on the monitors at night in some of the spots, especially the dock at the bottom of the lift (where people think they're wonderful and jump off). Hopefully a nice big brown snake will bite their ass one day and teach them a lesson. (Or fall into the trough and be sucked into the pumps). Either way I'll be happy. :twisted: The red train was reported to be back by Wonderbus earlier this week in another thread. Find it yourselves. In the Bush Beast thread of Wonderland I think.

Walk through the entrance to Transylvania and look to the right and there is a 3-4 meter high billboard with Spiderman climbing down a skyscraper. Look to the left as you enter Translyvania and you will see the newly refurbished and re-located Hulk stage. As for the pathway past Action Arena it is closed during the week. Look out for a new Marvel attraction where the construction is at the Arena. When I say attraction dont assume a new ride please or we will never hear the end of it. "The Bus is now leaving for Hungry Mother State Park, Virginia, USA"

That didn't answer my question Flea ya boofhead. Answer the question and I'll be content :twisted: Is it advertising something or what? What is their purpose? Is it patching up something, something that should be fixed? Covering a snake hole or something like that? Where is the bloody thing?

Yes the Hulk stage is next to the RC cars. The billboard is directly next to the gateway into Transylvania!! Got it now? Flea, Bush Beast opened around 1:30 - 2. I was not able to get any info from the ride operator as she had not been there long and was not sure what the problem had been. "The Bus is now leaving for Lesotho"

Damm! Are you stupid or something? Do you have any memory of when you worked there? On your immediate right when you enter Transylvania is a fence which goes around to Lakeside, the first bit of the fence is where the billboard is. So NO you dont have to walk around it to get to Lakeside and no you cant walk underneath it. "The Bus is now leaving for Arsoli, Lazio, Italy"

6 months!! It only feels like a week ago since I saw you there last. As for being able to bite my bum, i've been trying for years but to no avail! I've tried studying my cat and dog but I am yet to get the technique right, could you give me some pointers on how to do it? Go away in liquid form? Will lava do? Im watching Dante's Peak at the moment so thats where i got that idea from. "The Bus is now leaving for Innaloo (suburb of Perth)"

Yeah was probably me if it was someone burnin' some rubber in the carpark :twisted: I'd love to come back in but it may cause another **security alert** like last time I was spotted walking down to security post. You know all about that. Warning Warning target approaching :P You know how dangerous I am :? Lucky the C4 strapped around my chest wasn't spotted. Could have been in some real trouble then. Re: the bum biting... well you know who you can go to at Wonderland for that advice. Some of them are real good at that. Professionals you might say. I didn't expect anything more lame than that joke coming from you.

Yawn!!! All old news Jaggie. The Spiderman billboard is in Transylvania not Goldrush.
Sorry mate meant Transalvania, wasnt thinking when i typed that. This new thing that they are closing the path for is this the parade or something that has been announced or some surprise they are keeping for the holidays?

I bet the pathway will just undergo some repairs if the parade is going to use it. Take some of the bumps and crap out. It's rough as buggery in it's present form, passengers on the train cop it if the driver's pis*ed off and goin top speed down the hill :P I bet that's all it is. Maybe just doing something around the Action Arena for the Marvel thing. Nothing to get your knickers in a knot over I bet.

What do you guys think about the positioning of the Hulk stage and the Spiderman wall? I guess it will be hard to tell if it works until the work on the walls has been completed. I think they should have perhaps been spread out a little and not so close to those great Transylvania entrance gates. I do think that somewhere in Transylvania is probably the most appropriate place for Marvel appearances (ofcourse an actual Marvel land would be better). I am dissapointed that the Spidey wall does not look like it's going to be 3D like the Hulk stage.

Day Screwdriver, They'll get a new ride before Beastie reopens, cause that won't be ever! You say improve, but I hear on the red train (I think red train, maybe yellow, but one of the bloody things) the reason they need the unloader on one train operation at Bush Beast (which is ridiculous, you don't need 2 people for one train- cycles might be dispatched 2 seconds quicker), is because the lapbars aren't all locking properly, and the operator needs to depress the lock button again when the unloader gets to one that isn't locked.... Scary huh? Wonderbus and others, what are your thoughts?

Don't hold your breath for anything special at the Action Arena. The only thing this 'show' will do is provide a HUGE headache for the train drivers, where the stage area is, is facing the path between Dragon's Flight and Action Arena so when the show is on the pathway will be blocked. As for having an unloader at Bush Beast, a operator told me that the unloader was there beacuse there was a possibilty of two trains operating over the weekend. Was anyone there on Sunday after it opened? I hung around for about an hour and it was busy. Did they bring out the yellow train? "The Bus is now leaving for Kyrgyzstan"

Surely, as was the case with Grab for Cash (I think that was its name, the old memory is dying on me) in April, the train will not run or divert (where to I don't know) during this time. I'm tipping they'll have the brains for it to just be parked for 20 mins or however long this thing will take. When Grab For Cash was on we just had to do loops around the tree in the middle of the path before Bounty's down to the normal stop outside Bush Beast. As for the yellow train, the answer is no. She didn't. Why have 2 people if there is not 2 trains that day? As far as I know 2 trains haven't been out together but on numerous days it has had an unloader. Money would be better spent putting a 3rd person at Probe or Snowy if it's not already the case. Thoughts Bus?